Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: James Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Looked like leading with the crown to me. Repeat offender. Time to sit.
    Yeah, I think he's going to sit a game or two. He clearly isn't getting the message.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Except he no longer had the ball

And he did not duck his head one inch, contrary to another posters claim.
    Right on both counts.

In any other city in the universe, Harrison would have spent the wee hours of this morning trying to make bail. That wasn't a tackle, that was clear-cut assault & battery, if not attempted murder.

But he's a Stealer, so if the league even bothers to suspend him they'll find a cakewalk on the remaining schedule--oh, looky here, the Lambs at Heinz on Christmas Eve! My, my, how convenient. Five gets you ten he spends that day warm & dry at home wrapping presents (& the next morning trying to get his new Jack Tatum action figure to work)...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Right on both counts.

In any other city in the universe, Harrison would have spent the wee hours of this morning trying to make bail. That wasn't a tackle, that was clear-cut assault & battery, if not attempted murder.

But he's a Stealer, so if the league even bothers to suspend him they'll find a cakewalk on the remaining schedule--oh, looky here, the Lambs at Heinz on Christmas Eve! My, my, how convenient. Five gets you ten he spends that day warm & dry at home wrapping presents (& the next morning trying to get his new Jack Tatum action figure to work)...
    DkBlue??????????
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Hyperbole perhaps?

That hit totally changed the outcome of that game. The Browns were driving. Harrison didn't make any attempt to alter his course after mccoy threw the ball. Typical cheap shot that they do when they are in fear of being beaten. It seemed the crowd there was boo'ing the flag, until they saw it on the replay then got really quiet. Make him sit, but only after Tomlin tells his team thats a legal hit. They should suspend tomlin too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hyperbole perhaps?
    The attempted murder part, I'll give you. (Hey, if I can't wax hyperbolic about the Tar&Urine, what good is fandom?)

But assault & battery? Understatement, if anything. Watch the replay a few times & tell me that thug didn't launch his helmet straight at McCoy's head with the intention of knocking him out of the game via injury, if not paralyzing him for life.

Harrison is an idiot who compensates for his stupidity with viciousness. IOW, the quintessential Stealer, & the perfect bookend for The Rapist Drama Queen.

The attempted murder part, I'll give you. (Hey, if I can't wax hyperbolic about the Tar&Urine, what good is fandom?)

But assault & battery? Understatement, if anything. Watch the replay a few times & tell me that thug didn't launch his helmet straight at McCoy's head with the intention of knocking him out of the game via injury, if not paralyzing him for life.

Harrison is an idiot who compensates for his stupidity with viciousness. IOW, the quintessential Stealer, & the perfect bookend for The Rapist Drama Queen.
    DkBlue?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

True .... But ...

Last night's hit does not even sniff the level of mens rea needed for a legal definition of assault & battery. Cheap shot? Yes. But to call it battery on the level of the legal definition ala Todd Bertuzzi, not even close.

Blog Entries

He's doing his job and if Tomlin wanted his actions to change he would speak up.

They want him to send a mesaage and potentially knock the opposing QB out of the game and they'll deal with the fines. Hey it works whether anyone likes it or not.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    Dude spears on about 50% of his tackles. He has shown no interest in ever doing it differently. If the NFL actually had any interest in safety, other than protecting franchise QBs, he would have been suspended several times already.
    Exactly.

He tried to spear Ray Rice when Rice was down for a good 2 seconds. If he had caught Ray where he wanted (ribs), Ray would've been out for several games.

At some point a fine isn't enough, he needs to be suspended.

The same way the league is trying to send Suh a message that this is his last chance then the same thing needs to happen to Harrison.

What's so sad is that James is an excellent player that doesn't need to do this. Guys like Sizzle, DeMarcus Ware and even his own teammate Lamar Woodley play lights out without all the cheap shots. As James career winds down, he is going to take shots on his knees and be brutalized much the same way his celebrated teammate Hines Ward is enduring now. Some of the shots Hines has taken this year are payback for being a dirty player for years. At the rate its going Hines is going to be carted out on a stretcher to end his career.

Quote Originally Posted by willden View Post
    I don't think it was very bad really. McCoy was scrambling towards him and if McCoy hadn't ducked his own head, there wouldn't have been helmet to helmet contact. You guys are all forgetting the defenseless part of the equation. Then again, the league is a pansy league now. The hit almost backfired though bringing in Wallace.

Time to get those eye's checked!

Fines have no effect on any of these guys because it's just a drop in the bucket to them. Make them miss a game or two and their game checks and maybe they will start to get it.