Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. James Harrison suspended (merged discussions)

Does he finally get suspended for that hit last night.Or is it just another fine since it would not be beneficial for the steelers

Re: James Harrison

That shit was blatant and intentional.

Blog Entries

he'll likely get a fine.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

He should be suspended (cause fines clearly aren't getting through) but I be he just gets a fine, probably 50 -75k

I'm thinking he gets suspended. Stupid play by him and he has a history of it.

Suspended....can't let that goon keep it up. He just doesn't get it. WR are one thing, gooning the opposing QB something else.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

The thing that is so bad is however you want to slice it, it was a BAD hit. He lowered his head, led with his head, left his feet, had no intention of using his shoulder. It is the textbook definition of a helmet to helmet hit and what the league does not want.

If the league doesn't suspend him then favoritism has reached new levels.

I don't think it was very bad really. McCoy was scrambling towards him and if McCoy hadn't ducked his own head, there wouldn't have been helmet to helmet contact. You guys are all forgetting the defenseless part of the equation. Then again, the league is a pansy league now. The hit almost backfired though bringing in Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by willden View Post
    I don't think it was very bad really. McCoy was scrambling towards him and if McCoy hadn't ducked his own head, there wouldn't have been helmet to helmet contact. You guys are all forgetting the defenseless part of the equation. Then again, the league is a pansy league now. The hit almost backfired though bringing in Wallace.

McCoy had taken 2-3 steps AFTER throwing the ball when Harrison hit him (defenseless rule) AND he hit him high on the helmet (helmet to helmet rule).

Even back in the day, that would have drawn a penalty.

And is ever so slightly lowering your head to brace for a hit is considered ducking then I have a bridge that crosses the Chesapeake I'd like to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by willden View Post
    Are you kidding me? It was textbook helmet to helmet. Form tackling means lowering your shoulder into the gut of the player. This was just plain leading with the helmet... something that he does all the time. He should be suspended. Actually, in addition to the suspension, he should be warned that he's coming close to being thrown out of the league. There's no place for this at all.

Here's the hit.

Blog Entries

here's a clip of the play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

McCoy left the pocket and was a threat to run so he can be hit like a running back. But you can't lead with your helmet like that. fine coming but not suspension

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!