Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: James Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    That proves my point, no matter what team players are for, there are players just like them on your team, on their team, and on my team. I am not arguing the fine on Harrison, or even his suspension, or even that he is a dirty player or not. That is the argument others here are making. I am just pointing out what I have been saying all along; a team is a team is a team. Who knows, next year Lewis might get suspended. Or Suggs, who knows? Will they deserve it? Probably not.
    Suggs and Lewis are not Harrison. Harrison got himself into this jackpot all by himself, by refusing to change his behavior and by playing dirty repeatedly.

All teams do not have Harrison, no matter how many times you say it. There is only one guy who has been fined so many times for headhunting that now he's been suspended, and he wears the yellow and black.

And for what it's worth, in your shoes I'd be pissed at him for jeporadizing the team with his recidivism. He's hurting your team with these shenanigans, and instead of seeing a (comically absent) conspiracy against the Steelers, you should instead be hoping against hope that he changes his ways before he gets a three game suspension next time.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Re: James Harrison suspended (merged discussions)

The hit that Lewis got fined for was not a play where he led with the crown of his helmet. James Harrison has been fined, several times, for leading with the crown of his helmet.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Ultimately I'm not sure how much the suspension will matter.

If the Ravens win in SD on Sunday I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers essentially conceded the division and began resting banged up starters for the playoffs.

If the Ravens lose, then it's a different story, but at some point the Steelers are going to have to decide whether to knock themselves out going for the division (and quite possibly getting a WC anyway) or to begin resting starters and getting ready and healthy for the first round of the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I do not expect the Steelers to concede the division, because they understand how important the first round bye is. During both playoff years, where the Steelers knocked off the Ravens, they had a first round bye and were able to rest some players who really benefited from it. Troy Polamalu, Ben Roethlisberger and Lamar Woodley are three of the five most important players on the team. There is no guarantee that any of them would make it to a round 3 match-up with the Ravens, without a week of rest, even if they began resting near the end of this regular season.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"