Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 79
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Harrison



    He should be thankful to only get that. I have watched the play several times and while he may not have had time to completely let up, without contacting McCoy, he had plenty of time to target the chest area instead of the head. To add to that, he led with the crown of his helmet.

    As I have mentioned already, Ryan Clark is another guy with a similar reputation. Clark has actually, inadvertently, knocked himself out of a game before. He launched with the crown of his helmet, the receiver ducked and he collided, head on, with a teammate.

    Brandon Merriweather is another guy with this reputation and, then, there is the DB from Atlanta. In all cases, I believe the reputation is well earned.

    In Troy Polamalu's case, he does not target the head area and, typically, aims for the thigh. I find nothing wrong with that.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Harrison

    This means that Pittsburgh will be without James Harrison and will only have Lamar Woodley on a limited basis. They could have a hard time handling Frank Gore and the 49ers offensive line, without those two players. It will also lessen their ability to rush the passer. I would expect Dick LeBeau to ratchet up the blitzes, sort of speak.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,328
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Harrison

    Gore only had 10 carries last week so it sounds like he may be banged up.

    And the CARDINALS got five sacks on Smith... think of what Pitt will do.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: James Harrison

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Gore only had 10 carries last week so it sounds like he may be banged up.

    And the CARDINALS got five sacks on Smith... think of what Pitt will do.
    Unfortunately I think we gave the Cardinals and eventually Pitt to the blueprint of how to get to Smith.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Harrison

    Arizona played their hearts out at home. This will be a home game for San Fransisco, with a lot at stake. Pittsburgh might be able to do a little, but not nearly as much without Harrison AND Woodley (Who might not even take 30 snaps).
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: James Harrison

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Arizona played their hearts out at home. This will be a home game for San Fransisco, with a lot at stake. Pittsburgh might be able to do a little, but not nearly as much without Harrison AND Woodley (Who might not even take 30 snaps).
    plus Big Jen possibly still hobbled.

    go niners go niners go niners go
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  7. #67

    Re: James Harrison

    Last year after being fined for the 4th time Harrison said he's going to keep on playing like he always plays.

    Then Harrison comes out and talks s--- about Goodell.

    Then he performs a textbook definition of a defenseless, helmet to helmet hit?



    I'm just curious under what grounds he tried to appeal...lol.



    Actually the badmouthing of Goodell was probably the best thing he's done for his cause.

    I think goodell has been particularly lenient on Harrison as to not stir up the "you gave me such a stiff penalty b/c I called you a bit--" notion.


    BTW- Suh gets 2 games for stomping an arm and air?!?!?




  8. #68

    Harrison???

    Really guys? A one game suspension, if that, for taking out Colt Mcoy.

    Not saying I'm a browns fan here, but Harrison didn't even try to avoid the head to head contact.


    Side Note: I'd like to see Baltimore and Pittsburgh play for the AFC championship if possible. It would only be fitting to beat the steelers three times this year. What do you think?




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: Harrison???

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergizerBird View Post
    Really guys? A one game suspension, if that, for taking out Colt Mcoy.

    Not saying I'm a browns fan here, but Harrison didn't even try to avoid the head to head contact.


    Side Note: I'd like to see Baltimore and Pittsburgh play for the AFC championship if possible. It would only be fitting to beat the steelers three times this year. What do you think?

    don't care whom we beat, but a win over Pigsburgh would help shut up some of those yinzer fans ('Flacco can't beat Ben!...Flacco can't beat Ben at Heinz!...Flacco etc in playoffs!')
    wouldn't mind beating the Cheatriots again, either.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  11. #71

    Re: Harrison???

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergizerBird View Post


    Side Note: I'd like to see Baltimore and Pittsburgh play for the AFC championship if possible. It would only be fitting to beat the steelers three times this year. What do you think?
    I hope you get that chance as well!!!!!!




  12. #72

    Re: James Harrison

    Ray Lewis said the same thing. He stated:

    Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me,” Lewis said. “The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won’t change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can’t stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball."

    But that is different, right? I really don't care if he, or any other player changes the way the play. I think the new rules stink for Lewis, for Harrison, or any other player making a tackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Last year after being fined for the 4th time Harrison said he's going to keep on playing like he always plays.

    Then Harrison comes out and talks s--- about Goodell.

    Then he performs a textbook definition of a defenseless, helmet to helmet hit?



    I'm just curious under what grounds he tried to appeal...lol.



    Actually the badmouthing of Goodell was probably the best thing he's done for his cause.

    I think goodell has been particularly lenient on Harrison as to not stir up the "you gave me such a stiff penalty b/c I called you a bit--" notion.


    BTW- Suh gets 2 games for stomping an arm and air?!?!?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland