Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Could the Browns and Bengals be any LESS helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The 9ers have too much to play for to lose--
    Less than you'd think. The 49ers hold all the tiebreaks over New Orleans & would have to lose at least 2 more games to give up the bye. Their final 3 games are all in-division, though away, & only the Seachickens in week 16 have any realistic hope of knocking them off unless half the team lands on IR.
    --and if you don't think John is not going to give Jim every key to beating them then they can't be brothers.
    --& if you think Jim is going to do anything for John that puts his team in any jeopardy at all--e.g., playing players whose health is borderline--then you don't understand sibling rivalry. SF will play hard but won't take any unwarranted risks in the name of brotherly love.

"Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

3. Re: Could the Browns and Bengals be any LESS helpful?

That was Houston's best chance to lose the rest of the way, with Carolina and Indy coming up the next two weeks. Nice job getting outscored 3-17 in the second half and giving up an 80-yard two-minute TD drive to a fifth-round rookie QB. You suck, Cincinnati. Pack up for the offseason. I'd better not see any life out of you on New Year's Day.

Am I the only one here glad to see Cinci lose this game? I think we win out, but I don't want Cinci to be playing for a playoff spot that final game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Am I the only one here glad to see Cinci lose this game? I think we win out, but I don't want Cinci to be playing for a playoff spot that final game.
    Agreed.

You always want divisional opponents to lose. Especially ones that are in a playoff hunt along side you.

6. Re: Could the Browns and Bengals be any LESS helpful?

I guess, it'll just be a real shame if BAL would defeat either NE or HOU in a two-way tiebreaker but doesn't get the #1 seed through some stupid three-way-tiebreaker voodoo. And I'm not sure Houston loses again (Carolina, @Indy, Tennessee). I guess I need to... gulp... root for Mr. Tebow next week.

re; Bengals; maybe Dalton and Green have hit a rookie wall; or maybe it's the improved level of competition. they've lost Bobbie Williams (G) for the year also. hopefully the fight will be out of them by week 17.
    I'm definitely rooting for Tebow, let alone rooting against the Patrots.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I guess, it'll just be a real shame if BAL would defeat either NE or HOU in a two-way tiebreaker but doesn't get the #1 seed through some stupid three-way-tiebreaker voodoo. And I'm not sure Houston loses again (Carolina, @Indy, Tennessee). I guess I need to... gulp... root for Mr. Tebow next week.
    Only way that can happen is if NE, BAL, HOU and PIT all lose one game in their next three with Houston's loss vs Panthers (thereby winning by AFC conference record).

Aside that, Baltimore has clinched SoV tiebreakers over both HOU and NE.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Less than you'd think. The 49ers hold all the tiebreaks over New Orleans & would have to lose at least 2 more games to give up the bye. Their final 3 games are all in-division, though away, & only the Seachickens in week 16 have any realistic hope of knocking them off unless half the team lands on IR.

If you think Jim is going to do anything for John that puts his team in any jeopardy at all--e.g., playing players whose health is borderline--then you don't understand sibling rivalry. SF will play hard but won't take any unwarranted risks in the name of brotherly love.
    Disagree on both counts.

The loss to the Cards puts SF in must win territory and if Jim has a chance to beat the Steelers but decides to rest say Patrick Willis and they lose it could have ramifications on the 9ers and the Ravens (can John deal with the pressure of losing yet another division title to the Steelers and having to play on the road in the playoffs only to lose).

In fairness to you I see you responded before Sunday's game but even if SF beat the Cards, I am confident that Jim would go balls out for his team to beat a club that he could potentially play in the SB and until the top seed is no longer a possibility every game is a must win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Disagree on both counts.

The loss to the Cards puts SF in must win territory and if Jim has a chance to beat the Steelers but decides to rest say Patrick Willis and they lose it could have ramifications on the 9ers and the Ravens (can John deal with the pressure of losing yet another division title to the Steelers and having to play on the road in the playoffs only to lose).

In fairness to you I see you responded before Sunday's game but even if SF beat the Cards, I am confident that Jim would go balls out for his team to beat a club that he could potentially play in the SB and until the top seed is no longer a possibility every game is a must win.
    Why would SF rest players at this point? They are at the least fighting for the #2 seed with the Saints, and with that a first round bye in the playoffs.