Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 404142

Re: TNF - Browns vs Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Ridiculous but if it makes you happy then enjoy.
    I don't see how it is ridiculous. He has a history of lying about injuries. He lied about three injuries for the 2005 season. He lied about playing the AFC title game with broken toes. He also lied about playing with a broken thumb, as well as playing with broken ribs in the SB against Seattle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-bandwagon/

How do we know he has a broken thumb this year? It's hard to believe him with his history.

I also like how you take credit away from his Wrs for the yards they made after the short pass completions. That long td reception by A. Brown was all Ben. Wallace's near td on a quick pass was all Ben.

Ever notice how you don't hear P. Rivers talk much about how he played in a title game with a torn acl? Or how McNabb played with either a broken ankle or foot and went on to play well and win the game? They don't bring attention to their injuries for personal gain.

I'm interested in how you feel about Ben's examples of lying about injuries. Do you feel Bill Cowher and the Steelers medical staff are liars?

This is one issue the few Steelers fans I know personally actually agree on. They feel as many here do, that Ben "plays up his injuries". One of them said look at Ben after he throws an INT. He'll limp of the field as if he's hurt, then come running back on for the next series, right as rain.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Ever notice when there is a dropped pass, Ben immediately looks to the Pitt sideline. Strikes me as if he is subliminally "throwing his teammate under the bus" as in "not my fault", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSG View Post
    I don't see how it is ridiculous. He has a history of lying about injuries. He lied about three injuries for the 2005 season. He lied about playing the AFC title game with broken toes. He also lied about playing with a broken thumb, as well as playing with broken ribs in the SB against Seattle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-bandwagon/
    The ribs were during the SB against Arizona, not Seattle. And according to Peter King, while the fractures didn't show up on an X-Ray, they were confirmed via MRI after the team got back to Pittsburgh.

2. Roethlisberger, playing on adrenaline, toughed out the game with at least two small rib fractures -- which didn't show up in an X-ray the week before the game but did when he got an MRI after returning to Pittsburgh.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz1gAjKuIoM

I'll give you the toes (although it was the 04 AFCC, not 05), and the broken thumb in 05. Neither was confirmed by Pittsburgh coaches or medical staff.

The idea that an NFL team and medical staff would treat someone for an imagined injury and use casts and diagnostics just so someone could seek attention is what is ridiculous.

The overview here is that he is faking and it simply is not true. Silly in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    The idea that an NFL team and medical staff would treat someone for an imagined injury and use casts and diagnostics just so someone could seek attention is what is ridiculous.

The overview here is that he is faking and it simply is not true. Silly in fact.
    He isn't faking an injury, he is making them out to be worse than they are. He brings up the injuries as well to bring attention to himself. He also lies about the severity of them. He stunned B. Cowher when he stated he had broken toes. That was news to Cowher.

A lot of players take pride in not mentioning that they are playing hurt. Ben is the opposite. We find out about all the injuries he's played with from him. He is a top 5 qb, there is no reason for him to call attention to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    The ribs were during the SB against Arizona, not Seattle. And according to Peter King, while the fractures didn't show up on an X-Ray, they were confirmed via MRI after the team got back to Pittsburgh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz1gAjKuIoM

I'll give you the toes (although it was the 04 AFCC, not 05), and the broken thumb in 05. Neither was confirmed by Pittsburgh coaches or medical staff.
    Thanks for the quote from P. King's article. I find him to be one of the more credible NFL journalists.

I think the other aspect of Ben being a "drama queen" is that he usually is the one that brings up his injuries and talks about them. I think it hurts him rather than helps him. He is a very good qb, he doesn't need to bring attention to himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had mental issues.

One time i whistled with chapped lips and never said a word to anyone.