Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Awesome TE Combination

Ozzie is looking like a genius for letting Todd Heap go during the off-season. Don't get me wrong, I love Heap and I wish him the best. But Pitta and Dickson have become our X-factors this season. These guys are fearless and just get it. They got great hands and run routes perfectly.

I think this two TE set will take us deep into the playoffs as long as we continue to run the ball effectively.

Re: Ravens Awesome TE Combination

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    Ozzie is looking like a genius for letting Todd Heap go during the off-season. Don't get me wrong, I love Heap and I wish him the best. But Pitta and Dickson have become our X-factors this season. These guys are fearless and just get it. They got great hands and run routes perfectly.

I think this two TE set will take us deep into the playoffs as long as we continue to run the ball effectively.
    Yea anytime when you draft two TE's in one draft everybody knew that Heap was getting released. This offense is so young and talented its almost scary.

Dixon still needs to work on his blocking, but yeah, these guys are playing well overall.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are beginning to do a better job of featuring what is necessary, from game to game, especially with these two tight ends.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm ok with these guys but it would've been really good if one was a good blocker while the other a good pass catcher.

If I had to choose between the two it would be Pitta because I think he's a lot tougher and will work extremely hard to improve.

IMO, Ed is a little too pleased with himself (I hated his post game presser after the Seattle loss where he seemed to be pretty happy with his 10 catch 2 TD performance versus being sullen about losing against that slack team) and he's soft.

I think Pitta is going to emerge as the starter next year with a rookie bulldozer complimenting him. Dickson will still play but I think he'll be phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Yea anytime when you draft two TE's in one draft everybody knew that Heap was getting released. This offense is so young and talented its almost scary.

Love it also, as long as these young guy's don't get the jitters when we get to the Super Bowl.

7. Re: Ravens Awesome TE Combination

I know we run a dual tightend formation and all but I feel that pitta should be getting the majority of the snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

IMO, Ed is a little too pleased with himself (I hated his post game presser after the Seattle loss where he seemed to be pretty happy with his 10 catch 2 TD performance versus being sullen about losing against that slack team) and he's soft.

I think Pitta is going to emerge as the starter next year with a rookie bulldozer complimenting him. Dickson will still play but I think he'll be phased out.
    Can't really fault a guy for being excited about having a career day. I also cant see them phasing him out of the offense after only 1 mildly successful year especially since its his first year starting, he's not a Davon Drew type player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post

I don't want to burst your bubble, but the Ravens were one pick away from Rob Gronkowski (Bill B. was wise enough to trade up just before us) in the 2011 draft (2nd round). While I am happy with Dickson and Pitta, think about having Gronko and Aaron Hernandez in their place... Bc

Blog Entries

Dickson is soft. Fearless is the last word I would use to describe him.

The young TEs are a disappoint to me this year in some respects. The step down in blocking from Heap has been huge. The receiving production has been fairly good, but I think part of that comes from the fact that through 12 games our #2 TE has been a better pass catcher than our #3 WR. That's not a problem of course, but even last year we got decent production out of TJ. Pitta has essentially stepped into that role as a 3rd down chains-mover.

I guess I'm disappointed in Dickson, for the most part. He just doesn't seem to be a difference maker this year. He doesn't have very good hands and his supposed explosiveness hasn't been on display at all. He's averaging under 10 yards per reception and he only has 1 20+ yard catch, and that was for 25 yards in the last game. He doesn't really have much after-the-catch ability and he doesn't seem to fight for tough catches.

I think Pitta has impressed and he's definitely shown enough for me to think he's a keeper, but I want to see more from Dickson.

12. Re: Ravens Awesome TE Combination

Thank you "bmorecarefull" iv not been impressed with dickson because of the drops. Everybody I know sees dickson as the better only because he was a higher pick