Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

YO GREG- Is Tebowing an attack on Christianity

Click on link then scroll down to pick of Lion (I think Suh) Tebowing
    Tebow. He is mocking him after a big hit and sack that almost knocked
    him out. Ok, at the very least it is taunting and there is a big penalty for
    it. Refs were right there but didn't call it so were they guilty of Tebowing?

I ask Greg because he is the only other Christian here that I know of. We may differ
    doctrinally and on the phony TV evangelists but we're both Christians.

Tebowing is taking the country by storm complete with it's own website and
    twitter or is it tweeter account.

Christianity is under attack not only here (read PERSECUTION by David Limbaugh)
    but throughout the world as it has often been. Christ told the disciples this would
    happen and said blessed are those who are persecuted for my name's sake. He said
    that in Mathew 24.

Granted, Tebow takes it to an extreme. Matt Stover is a great Christian who
    always pointed to God to thank him after a FG. My nephews know him and his
    kids from a Christian camp in Kingsville. They all grew up together but Matt's
    gestures were more discrete. Same with players that take a knee in the end
    zone after scoring a TD to thank God.

Tebow does seem to overdue it like on natl TV after a game and players want
    to jump on him to celebrate after a big win and he just kept saying than you God,
    thank you God. Well, that's what he's suppose to do but sometimes you
    can over due it.

We're supposed to make public confessions of our faith but there are times when it
    is show boating. Tebow could have pointed to the sky like Stover and
    others but seemed to over due it. He's definitely charasmatic with his body
    language, that's for sure not that there is anything wrong with that.

Another thing for sure, show boating or not, God is rewarding Tebow for what
    he is doing with all these wins and taking them to first and even pro bowl talk.
    He doesn't care what anyone thinks and takes the heat. he
    has guts.

The Bible says that there are 5 crowns Christians can obtain in heaven and the
    Crown of Life is one of them. That is the crown of persecution. That is the crown all the martrys
    wear but you don't have to die to be eligible. In fact
    I qualify for it because I've been persecuted in person on over on scout and
    here but that's a different story.

As I always say, God will probably take it away from me in my second judgement when I am
    judged for all the sinful things I do. I'll probably never see Greg and Tebow up
    there because they will be so high up and I'll be one of the ones there by the skin of my teeth
    but at least I'll be there.

I just hope Greg tosses me a hot dog from the wedding feast if he sees me cleaning the streets
    of gold-lol.

But Tebow won't have such worries. He's honoring God in the greatest
    way, show boating or not and even if he brings attacks to Christianity.

And Tebowing is nothing compared to the 80M Chinese Christians being persecuted via torture,
    imprisonment and death every day. Same in middle east where 12,000 Christians
    disappeared off the face of the earth in one day.

And one other thing. I've never worn another team's colors but I am seriously thinking
    about getting a Tebow jersey that says JESUS on the back. Even that is controversial and even
    amongst Christians. Some think it's blasphemy while some think it's praising God. Im
    in the later camp but I saw a guy on TV get pushed around in Denver's stadium wearing
    one so I'd like one too.

http://hotair.com/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 12:20 AM.