Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manning in Indy

Blog Entries

Manning in Indy

Not sure if many of you heard Archie's comments yesterday; saying Peyton and Andrew Luck could'nt coexist - or wouldn't be interested in doing so.

Manning is not tradeable with his contract and condition so they'll have to make a decision to cut or pay and keep him. We mayve seen the last of him (as we know) but if he plays again it is looking like it could be for another team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-trade-peyton/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Manning in Indy

I like Peyton, I think for the most part he's a class act, however if his Dad's comments reflect Peyton's thinking, what a douche. You have a few good years left IF your neck heels and you're not going to help the team be prepared after you're done?

Blog Entries

There are several very good QBs coming out this year besides Luck. Barkley, RG3, and Landry Jones could all be excellent NFL QBs. The Colts should trade that pick for a boatload of picks, and use one of those picks on a young QB other than Luck. The Colts have much bigger issues than just the QB position.

I wish Peyton would play this weekend in Baltimore.
    Then he wouldn't have to make any decisions on his future in the NFL.
    :)

I just can't see Manning ever playing again. His problem was a progressive genetic issue, and this surgery seems like a band-aid.

I think he's a fool if he ever steps on the field.

His comments not withstanding, the Colts would be fools not to pick up Luck, even if it's for an immediate trade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I just can't see Manning ever playing again. His problem was a progressive genetic issue, and this surgery seems like a band-aid.

I think he's a fool if he ever steps on the field.
    I tend to agree, he has all the money he could spend and more coming in every day. I know he loves the game but it's not worth the long term risk. Get into the booth and become Aikman2.

Seems like a forgone conclusion that they'll draft Luck; but they will have to make a decision to pay Manning or let him walk IMO.

Blog Entries

You make your bed, you sleep in it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Why would Luck want to play for the Colts? The cupboard is bare as evidenced by their winless season. If the Colts keep Manning, then Luck would have to wait a few years to start. Why would he want to wait, when his college credentials are far better than a number of rookie QBs that have started right away and have had success? If the Colts cut Manning, then he will be a starter on a very bad team, and be playing in a godforesaken place like Indy. I think Luck will try to force the Colts to trade that pick.

from a previous thread:

"looks more and more like the ex-Baltimore team will tank and get the first overall draft pick, aka Luck.
    word is they can't afford to sign luck and keep Peyton. so what happens to #18?
    doubt if he'd retire (unless that neck is REALLY hurt).
    so who'd pay the $ for him? hmm. who needs a qb, thinks they can win quick, and isn't afraid to $pend?
    don't have to look far do we? Snyder/Shanahan in DC.
    they want to win now, they spend, and they desperately need a qb."

competitor that he is, I suspect Peyton would love to resurface.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 12-07-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add line
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

on SiriusNFL today they're saying that Manning wants to play in NY like his brother... and guess which team has Tom Moore... J E T S jets, jets, jets

Blog Entries

An aged Peyton Manning, having to play 80% of his games outdoors, in a cold city?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore