Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Entitlement Mentality

Can anyone, anyone please explain to me how someone thinks other people should be responsible for their actions?

http://nation.foxnews.com/homelessne...ll-my-children

Don't get me wrong I am not saying leave the kids to starve, just wondering where this woman gets off thinking other people should pay for her to raise her kids while other people have a hard enough time paying to raise their own.

Re: The Entitlement Mentality

Have you heard any of Obama's speeches? Or any of his class warfare rhetoric?

I know exactly where she gets the mentality -- 40+ years of the Democrat montra that it's the other guys fault.

Thomas Sowell has written quite a few books on the topic. Great reading.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Have you heard any of Obama's speeches? Or any of his class warfare rhetoric?

I know exactly where she gets the mentality -- 40+ years of the Democrat montra that it's the other guys fault.

Thomas Sowell has written quite a few books on the topic. Great reading.
    Yeah, I guess... maybe I kinda new the answer. In a way I was just shocked that it was to THIS level that someone demand other people or "someone" needs to pay for all these children.

I was also a little disgusted that she had so little self-decency that she could act like that.

Blog Entries

15 fucking kids? Really?!?

Where are the fathers? Isn't there child support in Florida? Ever heard of condoms or birth control?

This is the mindless dependent vote machine the Democrats have created; Hitler would shed a tear at the job they've done.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 12-03-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been thinking about this type of thing a lot lately.

Why is it that I, someone who worked hard to earn a career that I love, have to pay for someone else's mistake? That woman was getting 800$ a month from taxpayers and she's to lazy to find a job. I get nothing from the government but I pay more in taxes than she ever will. That isn't fair.

I believe that welfare should be done away with but I'm not so heartless as to let children starve in the street. Instead of giving people who don't have jobs free money, the government should set up community housing. Give them food stamps to buy groceries and nothing else. Have a state appointed manager over the housing and one CPS representative per floor. Montly meetings with the CPS rep are required for all children.

The liberals have done more damage to the poor community than anything else. All the poor people know is holding out their hands for more "charity". (I put charity in quotation marks because charity is something that is freely given, instead of strong armed out of my earnings by thieves.) The major difference between liberals and republicans that I can see is that republicans believe anybody can make a better life for themselves with hard work and dedication. The liberals just want to keep the poor community stupid and dependent so they have people dumb enough to vote for them.

That actually brings up a question I've always wanted to ask Galin. Galin, why is it that you feel you have the right to spend the money I have worked for? You want to steal money from the pocket of my family and give it to someone else. What gives you that right?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I've been thinking about this type of thing a lot lately.

Why is it that I, someone who worked hard to earn a career that I love, have to pay for someone else's mistake? That woman was getting 800$ a month from taxpayers and she's to lazy to find a job. I get nothing from the government but I pay more in taxes than she ever will. That isn't fair.
    Your right, it's not fair. There's a fundamental flaw in the way liberals believe things should work. This is an example of what I like to say to Liberals who find nothing wrong with the system:

Me: "So it is safe to assume you agree with the quote, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need? right?" With which they always respond
    Liberal: "of course!"

Me: Did you know Karl Marx is the one who is famous for saying that?

Liberal: Well it's a good principle, it doesn't mean I would support Marxism.

At that point any further conversation is a waste of time because they are blinded by what they perceive as humanitarianism, and do not fundamentally believe in the system which this Nation was built on; mainly because it requires hard work, something not to many are keen on these days.

The Declaration states that Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are our unalienable rights. The operative word in the last one being "pursuit." However, people believe it should say, "life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, an LCD TV, a car, a house, and being able to afford the aforementioned even when you do not want to work because the government will pay for it." I am sorry, owning a home is not a God given right. Owning a car is not a God given right. It doesn't mean that someone should not be able to do so, it does however mean that if you are not willing to work for the money to afford these things, you do not get the luxury of owning them. This doesn't mean I'm a heartless scrooge, and frankly, it's insulting that those who disprove of welfare are seen this way. I am all for charities, homeless shelters, churches, etc., whose intentions are to help those who are truly in dire straits get back on their feet. Instead let's put the national government, who can barely keep their shit together in getting us our mail, in charge of the biggest governmental philanthropy project in the world, and expect people not to abuse it. Here in Michigan we have one of the worst economies in the Nation. A few months ago I was listening to the radio at work and they were having people call in who we're on welfare. A 25 year old woman called in and was completely honest about her situation, saying, "why would I get a job and get off welfare when I get more money than I would make at a job I'm qualified for, and no one is forcing me to get off? That right there is a perfect example of how the "helping the starving and homeless" mantra behind welfare is just a facade, and their intentions are and have always been to enable. An expression I find appropriate is, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

The preamble to the Constitution states: "promote the general welfare." People today feel it should literally just mean promote welfare.

I believe that welfare should be done away with but I'm not so heartless as to let children starve in the street.
    That is the angle Liberals take to make conservatives seem heartless. Again, that stems back to the fundamental belief that they are entitled to a house, car, etc. even if they aren't willing to work for it. Simply because we feel these things should not be handed to them we're greedy, rich (which for the majority isn't the case), racist, selfish, republicans who want to keep them poor, which ironically is the exact opposite of our intentions.

The liberals have done more damage to the poor community than anything else. All the poor people know is holding out their hands for more "charity". (I put charity in quotation marks because charity is something that is freely given, instead of strong armed out of my earnings by thieves.) The major difference between liberals and republicans that I can see is that republicans believe anybody can make a better life for themselves with hard work and dedication. The liberals just want to keep the poor community stupid and dependent so they have people dumb enough to vote for them.
    In so many words, exactly.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

While no one wants to hear someone with so many kids demanding acountability for her children, you guys are so quick to blame her soley with no other information than some quickly edited video. Sure she bears responsibility for situation but she is also deeply affected by patterns of generational poverty and all of its ails, low educational expectations in minority students and imbedded racism that I would bet not one of you fortunately ever had to experience.

So you can sit upon your priviledged caste of adequately resourced families and unparalleled opportunities as white, middle-class males and cast shame on an individual that you know very little about. Sure her tone of indignation angers you and threatens the precious possessions you anxiously cling to but by neglecting to attend to her needs, however much you despise her lazy brown ass, you create 15 more welfare entitlements that exponentially grow to who knows how many more? And it grows and grows...and yes as the ever-so compassionate Darb suggests...maybe we could create like a colony for them, yeah? We can put them somewhere in big ol' buildings where social workers can check 'em for bugs and lice and maybe throw 'em a bone when they do sumthin' good? Keep separating them out further and further where we never have to see them because when they get on t.v. and make me look at thier miserable lazy lives, I can't deal.

Great stuff starting to happen in a local public school system where the Superintendent is pushing strongly for heterogenous grouping in classrooms. Finally no child will truly be left behind when they are treated with equal access to education with equal expectations to perform. The pushback is hard from the privledged ones who don't want their little preciouses in with those barbarians but it looks like the Super is serious about it. Interesting times for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    While no one wants to hear someone with so many kids demanding acountability for her children, you guys are so quick to blame her soley with no other information than some quickly edited video. Sure she bears responsibility for situation but she is also deeply affected by patterns of generational poverty and all of its ails, low educational expectations in minority students and imbedded racism that I would bet not one of you fortunately ever had to experience.

So you can sit upon your priviledged caste of adequately resourced families and unparalleled opportunities as white, middle-class males and cast shame on an individual that you know very little about. Sure her tone of indignation angers you and threatens the precious possessions you anxiously cling to but by neglecting to attend to her needs, however much you despise her lazy brown ass, you create 15 more welfare entitlements that exponentially grow to who knows how many more? And it grows and grows...and yes as the ever-so compassionate Darb suggests...maybe we could create like a colony for them, yeah? We can put them somewhere in big ol' buildings where social workers can check 'em for bugs and lice and maybe throw 'em a bone when they do sumthin' good? Keep separating them out further and further where we never have to see them because when they get on t.v. and make me look at thier miserable lazy lives, I can't deal.

Great stuff starting to happen in a local public school system where the Superintendent is pushing strongly for heterogenous grouping in classrooms. Finally no child will truly be left behind when they are treated with equal access to education with equal expectations to perform. The pushback is hard from the privledged ones who don't want their little preciouses in with those barbarians but it looks like the Super is serious about it. Interesting times for sure.
    :grbac:

Spoken like a true troglodyte, Galen.

40+ years of one party rule in our inner cities have created a permanent underclass of people (mostly minorities) who have been brainwashed by class warfare that it's far better to put your hand in the other guys pocket then it is to work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

I wasn't just blaming her. I was also blaming you.

Why don't you answer the question I asked? What gives you the right to steal money from my family?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Spoken like a true troglodyte, Galen.

40+ years of one party rule in our inner cities have created a permanent underclass of people (mostly minorities) who have been brainwashed by class warfare that it's far better to put your hand in the other guys pocket then it is to work hard.
    EXACTLY!

It's that party that uses the very people they claim to help to keep themselves in power and tell them (the underclass) it's because the society or the rich or republicans who are only for corporations that your life is this way. Vote for us we'll make it better (which it's only gotten worse).

And when someone like darb wants an answer, as to why it's better to take from his family, you get the proverbial unfounded cries of racism. Poor Galen doesn't even see the real problem he just knows how to deflect the question by attacking with charges of racism.