Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Norv Turner in Purple

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This may not be the case, and I've been an advocate of letting Cam go. Lately, whether by pressure from above or his change of heart, Cam has laid down some solid offensive game plans. Note the change of balance between passing and running. If Cam is retained for 2012, then I'd strongly suggest a personal QB coach for Joe be hired... Bc

The ONLY thing that Cam has done lately is take this offense back to the way it was playing at the end of last year. While it may provide a degree of consistency and stability for the balance of the regular season, it is not going to take them far into the post season.

The results for this Ravens team in the playoffs will be EXACTLY the same as it has been for the last three year - CLOSE but not enough.

The Ravens will have a new offensive coordinator BEFORE the Super Bowl, as they will be on the out looking in. You can hope for a different outcome but its just not going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The ONLY thing that Cam has done lately is take this offense back to the way it was playing at the end of last year. While it may provide a degree of consistency and stability for the balance of the regular season, it is not going to take them far into the post season.

The results for this Ravens team in the playoffs will be EXACTLY the same as it has been for the last three year - CLOSE but not enough.

The Ravens will have a new offensive coordinator BEFORE the Super Bowl, as they will be on the out looking in. You can hope for a different outcome but its just not going to happen.
    i guess there is no point in watching any more games til next year then.

difference with this year is that Cameron now has a better O-line and faster receivers at his disposal. i wouldn't give up on them just yet, nor expect the same results as last year.

BTW, in the playoffs up in pitt last year, Cameron did not fumble the ball, did not throw any ints, and did not miss any coverage assignments.

i dislike Cameron as much as the next guy, but i think he could pull it off this year.

Blog Entries

Our defense is light years better. The only reasons weve faltered in the past is taking the foot off the pedal and dumb mistakes. We had the steelers beat and let them win, anybody watching that game would sAy that much. I might not like the play calling or the execution at times but i think this teams focus is better this year, against the cream of the crop which well be facing in the playoffs. Im not pessimistic enough to think they have no chance this year. Theyve won with less of an offense before. I dont like the losses that would say theyre lacking focus but theyve played pretty lights out against anybody worth a damn.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    i guess there is no point in watching any more games til next year then.

difference with this year is that Cameron now has a better O-line and faster receivers at his disposal. i wouldn't give up on them just yet, nor expect the same results as last year.

BTW, in the playoffs up in pitt last year, Cameron did not fumble the ball, did not throw any ints, and did not miss any coverage assignments.

i dislike Cameron as much as the next guy, but i think he could pull it off this year.

I enjoy each game whether they make the playoffs or not. After all - only one team out of 32 emerges as the Super Bowl winner. I am just frustrated that they do not play better offensive football - when they clearly have the talent to do so. I hope I'm wrong - but I fear I'm not.
    Last edited by rharris1986; 12-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.

West Coast Offense Por Favor.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder if Charlie Weiss would be interested in coming back to the pros?
    I wish. He was the only reason the Chiefs had a decent year. Great offensive mind.

it was mentioned that when we do get a new O/C it would be someone from the Eagles... as long as its not Andy Reid... Please No Andy Reid... lol

Blog Entries

Cam has taken a lot of hits lately, and some from me, but I think he's changed his style for the better lately. Let's look at the last 3 games (all wins) :Bengals - Flacco 17/27 2 TDs 105.5 QB rating, Rice 20/104 2 TDs = balanced offense. 49ers - Joe 15/23 1 TD 100.1 QB rating, Rice 21/59 = more Joe's arm (plus outstanding defense). Browns - need I say? All in all Cam has become more flexible, and the offense is more effective. I don't even think we've seen the best this offense can offer yet, but it's getting there... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    it was mentioned that when we do get a new O/C it would be someone from the Eagles... as long as its not Andy Reid... Please No Andy Reid... lol
    Brad Childress would be the most likely, IMO. WCO guy with long ties to Harbaugh.

Cool Re: Norv Turner in Purple

I'd prefer Clements in Green Bay but Brad is better than Cam (or Norm for that matter) any day!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I'd prefer Clements in Green Bay but Brad is better than Cam (or Norm for that matter) any day!
    Tom Clements is trying to get the gig at Penn State.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tom Clements is trying to get the gig at Penn State.
    Yup and they should pay him whatever it takes; he can take his pick of several jobs right now.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!