Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hensley loves him some Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...er-declaration

"The one AFC team that has proven it can beat another with offense, defense or special teams is Pittsburgh. The Ravens and Texans can't match the depth of the Steelers' playmakers in Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders. The Patriots can't match the Steelers' talent on defense from James Harrison to Troy Polamalu to Ike Taylor to LaMarr Woodley (who could be available Thursday night after tweaking his hamstring). And few teams could match what the Steelers did on special teams Sunday."

Sanders....... really? Cotchery has done what exactly? They were so deep they almost lost to the Colts, Chiefs and Jags at home. Yes Baltimore lost 2 stinkers on the road and the Titans game is not looking as bad in hindsight.

Polamalu is one more concussion away from wearing a drool bucket the rest of his life. Harrison seems to be back and in full force.

Now Wallace i would take in a heartbeat but Boldin is better than Brown all week long.

Woodley tweeked a hammy again and we all know how those turn out. He will be less than 100% for weeks unless it is healed all the way before he tries to play again.

Special teams 60 yard punt return? Yeah because of a BLATANT BLOCK TO THE BACK right in front of the refs that goes uncalled. I don't think it would have mattered much but it made a 2 score game into a 3 score game and certainly took any wind out if Cincys sails they may have had.

Way to suck some Steeler scrotum Jamison.

Re: Hensley loves him some Steelers.

I despise the way it's taken as gospel that the Steelers offense is better than the Ravens. The Ravens have scored 28 more points than the Steelers on the year and the Steelers average about 22.5 more yards per game of offense. BFD. Yes Roethlisberger is amazing at making plays out of nothing but I wouldn't say it's so clear cut that their offense is that much better.

I just think it's funny that he says the Ravens and Texans can't compete with the Steelers.

Can anyone remind me who beat the Steelers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I despise the way it's taken as gospel that the Steelers offense is better than the Ravens. The Ravens have scored 28 more points than the Steelers on the year and the Steelers average about 22.5 more yards per game of offense. BFD. Yes Roethlisberger is amazing at making plays out of nothing but I wouldn't say it's so clear cut that their offense is that much better.
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I just think it's funny that he says the Ravens and Texans can't compete with the Steelers.

Can anyone remind me who beat the Steelers this year?
    This....pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

All 3 (4 if you include New England) have shown to be very good teams and if/when they play each other in the playoffs, I am sure they will be terrific games.

At this point, I don't think any team stands head-and-shoulders above the other 3. They all have flaws.

Blog Entries

Fuck Hensley. I haven't read that AFC North blog since he took over for Walker. Glad to see I haven't been missing much.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Fuck Hensley. I haven't read that AFC North blog since he took over for Walker. Glad to see I haven't been missing much.
    :word

He has to slob who ESPN tells him to. The journalistic integrity is CLEARLY not there.

Just if you haven't noticed from the way they have handled the Syracuse scandal and what not, ESPN is a pretty shitty organization to work for.

They air the annoying (Chris Berman, Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter, Jim Rome and Dan Le Batard), the stupid (Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, Merril Hoge), the reckless (Matthew Barnaby), the bitchy (Michelle Beadle), and have past employees like Sean Salisbury and Keith Olbermann who have flamed out.

I don't watch ESPN anymore except for college football (who except for Craig James and Mark May have good talent) because of their lack of on-air talent, constant fellation of big-market teams, and how they handled the Syracuse scandal. Bunch of pigs.

ESPN has become to sports reporting what McDonalds is to fine cuisine...
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRavensFan View Post
    Just if you haven't noticed from the way they have handled the Syracuse scandal and what not, ESPN is a pretty shitty organization to work for.

They air the annoying (Chris Berman, Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter, Jim Rome and Dan Le Batard), the stupid (Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, Merril Hoge), the reckless (Matthew Barnaby), the bitchy (Michelle Beadle), and have past employees like Sean Salisbury and Keith Olbermann who have flamed out.

I don't watch ESPN anymore except for college football (who except for Craig James and Mark May have good talent) because of their lack of on-air talent, constant fellation of big-market teams, and how they handled the Syracuse scandal. Bunch of pigs.
    I don't think Hensley's gone over to the dark side yet, and there are some great analysts from ESPN (Ross Tucker especially), but it really says something about what they think about their viewers that they give so much air time and attention to Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Craig James, the whole MNF broadcast, etc.

Depth of playmakers? I'd take a healthy Andre Johnson and Arian Foster over the Steelers "depth" of playmakers.

Love the outrage. Some things never change.