Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hensley loves him some Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Love the outrage.
    Outrage? Hardly. Entertained? Sure.

Do you agree with his statement?

The Ravens and Texans can't match the depth of the Steelers' playmakers in Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.
    Forget the Texans, because I think they are one-and-done without Schaub. But if you do agree with regards to the Ravens, perhaps you'll care to share your reasons why.

I am sure you can be just as outrageou...oopps, I mean entertaining....

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Outrage? Hardly. Entertained? Sure.

Do you agree with his statement?

Forget the Texans, because I think they are one-and-done without Schaub. But if you do agree with regards to the Ravens, perhaps you'll care to share your reasons why.

I am sure you can be just as outrageou...oopps, I mean entertaining....
    There is some outrage in the replies.

As far as his statement, I think the Ravens are the most complete team in the AFC right now. I think the Steelers receiving corps has a slight edge.

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    There is some outrage in the replies.

As far as his statement, I think the Ravens are the most complete team in the AFC right now. I think the Steelers receiving corps has a slight edge.
    Well, I am not sure I would characterize the Ravens as "complete" given that they've shown that they can be beaten by some pretty inferior teams.

I think all 4 teams vying for the top slot in the AFC have strengths and weaknesses, and that for the most part they are evenly matched (save for the QB-less Texans). For the Ravens, it may be that their biggest weakness is themselves?

I just thought Hemsley's article anointing the Steelers was a bit silly; he can certainly think it is true...and in the end it may turn out to be true...but imo there is very little to demonstrate to this point that it is true. And his justification to base his opinion on one game where the Bengals, who are decent this year no doubt, self-destructed as much as they were beaten by the Steelers just seems like he is putting way too much stock into one game, and discounting many others.

Guess we'll find out? Should make for a very exciting end-of-season and playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Well, I am not sure I would characterize the Ravens as "complete" given that they've shown that they can be beaten by some pretty inferior teams.

I think all 4 teams vying for the top slot in the AFC have strengths and weaknesses, and that for the most part they are evenly matched (save for the QB-less Texans). For the Ravens, it may be that their biggest weakness is themselves?

I just thought Hemsley's article anointing the Steelers was a bit silly; he can certainly think it is true...and in the end it may turn out to be true...but imo there is very little to demonstrate to this point that it is true. And his justification to base his opinion on one game where the Bengals, who are decent this year no doubt, self-destructed as much as they were beaten by the Steelers just seems like he is putting way too much stock into one game, and discounting many others.

Guess we'll find out? Should make for a very exciting end-of-season and playoffs.
    It will be a great finish. I said the Ravens are more complete because they have a strong ground game, excellent defense, and a good passing game.

Pittsburgh is not as strong on the ground and NE is weaker on defense. Houston is a puzzle given the quarterback situation but they have the ground game and defense.

Three of the teams have been the number one defense at one time or another.

Freak weather or injury is an intangible no one can factor in at this time of year.

IMO all three defenses are good enough to carry the team through the playoffs. But right now I'd probably rank those three:

Defensively:
    Ravens Steelers Texans

Passing games?
    The Steelers are probably only behind the Packers and Saints as far as deadly passing attacks go. They are certianly not beating around the bush when it comes to leaning on Ben's arm. Flacco is hit or miss, and has been able enough when tasked to put the team on his back. The Texans are in a little pickle with all the injuries. Right now I'd rank them:

Passing Offense:
    Steelers, Ravens, Texans

Rushing wise, the Texans are huge up front and nasty. They have run on just about everyone with surprising ease. Despite the QB going down, they are good enough here to keep winning into the playoffs. Teams have loaded up to stop Foster and he has had somewhat less yards in recent weeks, but continues to control posession and not cough it up. The ravens are a different animal. Thankfully, Cam seems to be done tinkering with the offense and has gone back to (wisely) using the run primarily to control clock and set up the occasional big passing play. And the rushing game seems to get better as the game wears on and the opponent is worn down. When Rice is fed the ball, he AND flacco are much more dangerous as a whole. The steelers on the other hand seem to be using the pass to set up the run. This doesn't usually work quite as well as you tend to give your opponenet more opportunities for posessions and puts more stress on a defense to make one more stop. But given that everyone is dropping in coverage to stop ben anyway, it's proven pretty effective. Mendenhall's stats have been unspectacular but his runs have come at quite opportune times and served their purpose of pounding it into the endzone or killing the clock at the end of the game. I'd rank the rushing offenses:

Texans, Ravens, Steelers

Ravens, Steelers and Texans are all very solid teams and appear to be headed for another showdown in the postseason. Who wins those matchups is anyone's guess.

I'm obviously leaning toward the Ravens b'c of the previous season meetings and the defensive edge but I really think the home team, whoever it is, will have the edge if these teams meet up again.

Blog Entries

Who? The only time I watch ESPN analysts is when I am in the gym with wearing headphones. NFLNetwork, SiriusNFL, and the web can give some great insight and info.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I despise the way it's taken as gospel that the Steelers offense is better than the Ravens. The Ravens have scored 28 more points than the Steelers on the year and the Steelers average about 22.5 more yards per game of offense. BFD. Yes Roethlisberger is amazing at making plays out of nothing but I wouldn't say it's so clear cut that their offense is that much better.
    Yeah, well the ravens defense has scored 28 points this year

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Yeah, well the ravens defense has scored 28 points this year
    So? What is your point? That ALL f the Ravens points haven't been scored by the offense? Tell me any any team in the league where this is NOT true?

But, but, but .... Hensley is in the tank for the Steelers now ....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-isnt-learning

Umm, no.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    But, but, but .... Hensley is in the tank for the Steelers now ....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-isnt-learning

Umm, no.
    I don't think these are exclusive. You can be in the tank for the Steelers and still think James Harrison is an idiot... :)

I'm not sure if Hensley is "in the tank" for the Steelers, but I have read his articles regularly since he took over the AFCN blog. He heaps a lot of praise on the Steelers and very little criticism. Reverse that for the Ravens.

Where was all this supposed depth during the browns game? They only scored 7 fucking points for almost an hour. It wasn't until the final minutes they managed another 7 off of the int against the worst team against the run. Mendenhall didn't even have as many yards on the ground as Ricky Williams did. Almost half of Browns yards came on the final TD for 79 yards.