Thread: Stupid NHL

Stupid NHL

This is one of the reasons the NHL is having trouble growing. The following line-up was available to choose from...

1) Bruins / Pens - Two of the best teams in the NHL with two of the biggest fan bases and two of the most well known names in the sport.

2) Panthers / Caps - Divisional match-up of 1 vs. 2.

3) Leafs / Rangers - Two second place division teams in the same conference.

The following is the game chosen to play on Vs.

4) Blackhawks / Coyotes

Effing ridiculous.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Re: Stupid NHL

Spot on.

It was my fault though for assuming I'd see the Caps last night only to then get home and get shocked at the "game" they had on.

You didnt want to watch that caps game anyway. Ugly. I dont see a fire with them like we have in the years past.

Boudreau's fault.

<sic>

I think they're going to very seriously regret dumping him. I thought they'd turn it around at least some when he left. Could it be possible this team doesn't make the playoffs?

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Boudreau's fault.

<sic>

I think they're going to very seriously regret dumping him. I thought they'd turn it around at least some when he left. Could it be possible this team doesn't make the playoffs?

- C -
    Bias alert, bias alert!

Come on dude. Way too early to start predicting the demise of the Caps.

It's less bias and more curious at your thoughts. I really don't follow the Caps all that much and am curious what you guys think.

I don't think it's bias for me to say that I think they'll regret dumping Boudreau. He coached the Hershey Bears for a while and I'm from that area and have fond childhood memories of going to some of those games...I really like Boudreau, and think he's one of the best coaches in the game.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

I was just giving you a jab, given your Pittsburgh proclivities.

I am reserving judgement on Hunter but I do think it was time for Boudreau to go, no do I think the team regrets letting him go. Hunter has been one hell of a coach in the OHL and his career path is very similar to that of Boudreau.

When the issue with the team is with motivation, such as the playing of Ovie and Semin, it's going to take time. It's like moving a super tanker -- they don't turn on a dime. The message got old and sometimes the only remedy is a change of leadership.

I buy that it's time for a change in leadership when that happens, but I don't buy that it takes time to get it back. If the message were truly all it was, I actually would expect it to turn on a dime. The fact that the team still looks very listless would be very concerning to me if I were a fan.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I buy that it's time for a change in leadership when that happens, but I don't buy that it takes time to get it back. If the message were truly all it was, I actually would expect it to turn on a dime. The fact that the team still looks very listless would be very concerning to me if I were a fan.

- C -
    I didn't see anything listless about last night.

And no, when your message is / has been stale for a while, it effects the players in terms of motivation and, more importantly, fitness. By all accounts, Ovie had gotten fat and disinterested. You don't turn fitness around on a dime.

Same for Semin. Right or wrong, what Ovie does so to goes Semin.

Habits are formed by repetition. Repetition, by definition, takes time. The habit of practicing well, being in shape, etc is going to take time.

Last night was the most fired up and aggressive I have seen Ovie in quite sometime.

Yeah, we'll see if they maintain that or not I suppose. Will be interesting to see where this team goes from here...

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com