Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SD/JAX MNF game thread

Once Jacksonville found a nice offensive rhythm, it did not take long for them to make this an interesting game. Despite the offensive line issues, San Diego's offense is putting up the points. Their defense is struggling.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    bullocks. Link?

There is zero demand. But if their were, you best believe they'd sell those seats in a heartbeat.
    Link?.... Espn....Foxsportsnet....NFL network.....

It's been discussed both here and at the Sun (previously) extensively.

Part of the agreement is also a successful increase in season ticket sales on a yearly basis.... You need a link on that too?? I'll let my brother and father contact you.....btw, they just won SB tickets to this years game....courtesy of the Jags.....all expenses paid.

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    Link?.... Espn....Foxsportsnet....NFL network.....

It's been discussed both here and at the Sun (previously) extensively.

Part of the agreement is also a successful increase in season ticket sales on a yearly basis.... You need a link on that too?? I'll let my brother and father contact you.....btw, they just won SB tickets to this years game....courtesy of the Jags.....all expenses paid.
    So you should have no problem backing it up. Because I can't find anything. How about a little evidence? And no, it has not been discussed here extensively.

Never once have I heard they are forbidden to sell the tarped seats. So you're really contending the NFL and Jags are now doing things that prohibit making money because .... ?

Nothing in any recent articles I've found comes close to this claim you've made.

So you should have no problem backing it up. Because I can't find anything. How about a little evidence? And no, it has not been discussed here extensively.

Never once have I heard they are forbidden to sell the tarped seats. So you're really contending the NFL and Jags are now doing things that prohibit making money because .... ?

Nothing in any recent articles I've found comes close to this claim you've made.
    Not selling out under NFL and tv guidelines prohibits the NFL from earning money on tv production contracts.....

Ask yourself this.....Why are college divisions pulling in teams to create their new leagues?? Telivision contracts, and the money they produce for the that league.

And yes HR.....it was, and has.....in both locations.....

On both sites I've offerred my opinions when I felt they were an opinion that may not have been expressed.....
    I'm not going to do your research so you can make an intellectual comment.... That's on you.

Hell I agreed with your initial comment.....my arguement was with the Severna Park mentality of the op......

But if you want to go there.....do your research...... And its not gonna be found on "recent" posts.....ur gonna have to go back a couple years.

The standard rule on the Internet is the person making a claim is expected to back it up. I also question the logic of your assertion, why should every person who disagrees with you have to do the research to back up or refute your claim?

If I said I have a purple rhino in my room, it wouldn't be YOUR job to prove I don't, it would be mine to prove I do.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369137,-76.761227
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

San Diego seems to have no issue scoring against the vaunted Jaguars defense that made Flacco and Cam look like total morons.

I heard the same thing reported on the radio before our JAX game, or maybe it was on tv. It was definitely from a talking head & not some random caller or anything.

I don't care if you believe it so I'm not hunting for a link, but I heard it reported as well.

It makes sense, when you think about it. They reduced the capacity to prevent blackouts, so the capacity has to stay reduced. They can't move the capacity up or down depending on how many tickets they sell; that would be absurd. In a different way. ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The standard rule on the Internet is the person making a claim is expected to back it up. I also question the logic of your assertion, why should every person who disagrees with you have to do the research to back up or refute your claim?

If I said I have a purple rhino in my room, it wouldn't be YOUR job to prove
    I don't, it would be mine to prove I do.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369137,-76.761227
    The standard rule of law is "innocent before proven guilty"...... Why should the internet be any different??!

I made an educated comment in regards to the NFL contract with the Jags about their tarps agreement and blackout regulations. My knowledge comes from multiple articles on the agreement over two years ago posted nationally as well as locally in JAX.....as well as family members actually owning season tickets with the Jags...

If you doubt, if you can't comprehend that.....that's on you! Not me.

If you want to search jacksonville.com archives in their sports section than do so. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm just making a point. If you doubt my knowledge because my post level is low and I'm not on the "level" you find satisfactory.....again, that's on you....not me.

What the hell does your post count have to do with it?!?

You are making an assertion, HR and I are asking for some proof. You can produce some if you want to convince us, or refuse. Not complicated. If convincing us isn't what you want to do, fine, don't. I'm perfectly content to live the rest of my life not believing you.

All that said, for you to get this defensive and act like you're being treated unfairly because two posters have asked you to prove something is just childish.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369207,-76.761188
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I've heard the same, the tarped seats were declared to the league and they cannot sell them this season. Done to counter blackouts

Even if they could sellout out the entire stadium like they were fighting for a play off place in week seventeen for example, they can't remove the tarps.

You cannot move the official capacity of your stadium up and down from week to week.

Now next season if they reckon they can sell out the stadium they are free to remove the tarps and declare it to the league

If that's the case, fine.

Not sure why Mountaineer is getting his panties in a wad. I simply would like to read more about it.

To me, the notion that the league and the Jags are engaged in a contractual agreement preventing a revenue stream has me scratching my head. If my request for more info was too pointed for your taste, Mountaineer, then I apologize.

Still, it's always been the way of the land here that if someone needs some back up proof, it's provided.

As I said....I didn't read about it.....My father was told this by a seating authority person while he was buying his season tickets.

As far as you not understanding why the NFL would do something like this...... My guess would be that the NFL gets more money from its tv contracts than from 7 sections of a stadium not sold.

So if as you said, that you want to read more..... Here ya go...

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...Blackouts.aspx