I'm getting a little ticked about the media dissing of the D's---

Sort of came to a head on Sunday when some of the talking heads were talking about the Houston - Atlanta game and one stated that three Atlanta players would each put up 100 yds against Houston. Another responded "Against the Houston Defense???" to which he replied "Doesn't matter".

I was curious so this am I went to the team stats and figured out that the five top defenses in the league [Jacksonville, Pitt, Houston, Balt and San Fran] had a combined record of 40 and 19 while the top five offenses [NO, NE, Philly, GB and Carolina] had a combined record of 38-22 [including GB's perfect record. -

Stats are what they are and it probably doesn't mean much - but I just wish the "elite defenses" would get a little media love too.

I've vented - feel better now :respect

Re: I'm getting a little ticked about the media dissing of the D's---

Outside of the teams with traditionally good defenses (mainly Pitt and us) people are interested in offense.

Blog Entries

It'll happen when fantasy football begins assigning points to individual defensive players/positions.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    It'll happen when fantasy football begins assigning points to individual defensive players/positions.
    Oh - I've been doing that for years :)

They already do. IDP (Individual Defensive Player) leagues are pretty common and have been around for many years.

It doesn't matter.

Some leagues do that now.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

To me it's as simple as watching a dominant offensive performance is more exciting to most fans than a dominant defensive performance. Key word most...
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt