NFC playoff picture

NFC not a one horse race:

GB and NO look tough. Both of those offenses are prolific. Will be tough to stop. I could certainly see NO exacting revenge for the opening season loss to GB in the NFC championship game.

SF looks good, but will have to ride Gore and the defense to go far. Youth and inexperience makes me hesititant to jump fully on board as much as I'd like to!

Atl could be the NFC sleeper. They haven't shown much, but have many of the same pieces that was the #1 seed in the NFC last year. If they start to get hot, could do damage int he playoffs...maybe...possibly.

IMO, then there's everyone else:

Dallas. Tony Romo and the Cowboys "late season swoon." They always have talent and let it slip away. Can't get get behind them till they prove otherwise. Two games left with NYG and one with Philly mean they could blow it...big time

Chi looks to be limping into the playoffs, but I could see them getting bumped by the second NFC East team if they just sink.

Then we come to the NY Giants. They certainly LOOK to be dead in the water. But they have games remaining with Dallas (x2) and DC which means they are still in the hunt for the division. Stranger things have happened.

How does everyone think it will pan out?

Re: NFC playoff picture

I think GB is eerily similar to the 2007 Pats. They seem to be getting closer to being beaten each week. That defense is horrendous, maybe worse than the Pats. They let an terrible Bucs team nearly beat them at home.

Everyone wants to annoint the Packers, but this is a very deeply flawed team. They are one dimensional on offense, and their defense is among the worst in the NFL. Remember the 1981 Chargers? Unstoppable offense, bad defense. They played the AFC title game @ Cincy, in frigid conditions, and lost. The thing that might derail the Packers is their own weather conditions. If they can't light it up, they won't win. Their defense is a siv.

I think the Saints are the more well rounded team and will come out on top. They seem to be peaking at the right time, whereas the Packers seem like they did that some time ago, much like the 2007 Patriots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I think GB is eerily similar to the 2007 Pats. They seem to be getting closer to being beaten each week. That defense is horrendous, maybe worse than the Pats. They let an terrible Bucs team nearly beat them at home.

Everyone wants to annoint the Packers, but this is a very deeply flawed team. They are one dimensional on offense, and their defense is among the worst in the NFL. Remember the 1981 Chargers? Unstoppable offense, bad defense. They played the AFC title game @ Cincy, in frigid conditions, and lost. The thing that might derail the Packers is their own weather conditions. If they can't light it up, they won't win. Their defense is a siv.

I think the Saints are the more well rounded team and will come out on top. They seem to be peaking at the right time, whereas the Packers seem like they did that some time ago, much like the 2007 Patriots.
    I could not possibly agree more.

I hope the Pack go undefeated in the regular season, it will make the pressure that much more intense. Plus, I am a huge fan of tough defense.

Blog Entries

Green Bay will go as far as Aaron Rodgers takes them.
    New Orleans is hitting the proper stride. They are a team that, in similar fashion to this year's Ravens, will occasionally lose a game we expect them to dominate. However, they have no issue getting up for the better teams. Their defense still leaves some to be desired, but they can be difficult to take down in that dome.
    San Fransisco is the type of team that could win on the road if they needed to. They are just the type of team to make a run at the NFC Championship Game, through defense and running the football. I think that is their limit though.
    Dallas seems to be headed in a familiar direction
    The Giants could very well sneak up at the last minute and win the division.
    The Bears just, might not be able to make it to the finish line. Thus, they may very well miss the playoffs.
    Atlanta's issue will be having to go on the road.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore