Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ESPN's Ravens Coverage (Merged Threads)

I stayed up to watch the 11p to 12:30 SportsCenter, to hear the guys talk about Ray Rice's career day.

Nothing. No coverage, no highlights, they didn't even put the score up on the screen and show the stats. Nothing at all. You would have had to watch the crawl at the bottom of the screen to even know the game had been played.

They spent half an hour on Aaron Rodgers, and not a second on the AFC North division leader and top-2 team in conference. That's bullshit.

Re: No Ravens coverage on the Sunday night SportsCenter

I believe that.

The question is... did they show Steelers-Bengals highlights?

I'm sure the only NFL fans that know Ray Rice had 200 yards were his fantasy owners and their opponents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I stayed up to watch the 11p to 12:30 SportsCenter, to hear the guys talk about Ray Rice's career day.

Nothing. No coverage, no highlights, they didn't even put the score up on the screen and show the stats. Nothing at all. You would have had to watch the crawl at the bottom of the screen to even know the game had been played.

They spent half an hour on Aaron Rodgers, and not a second on the AFC North division leader and top-2 team in conference. That's bullshit.
    I saw that too. I DVRd the same show and went all the way through it. As you said, it was if the game had not been played at all. You could be sure that if the Ravens had laid an egg, it would have bee all over the show, several times. But they repeated the Packers and Broncos games, covered the Steelers-Bengals game, the 49ers-Rams game, but never even mentioned ours. I can't tell you how much that pisses me off. Glad you wrote about it, because I have been seething about it, and wondered if I was the only one. ESPN seems to take every opportunity to diss the Ravens, either when they do talk about us, or by pointedly ignoring us.

The NFL Network is much better about it. Eisen & co. actually seem to really like the Ravens, esp. Ray Rice. ("Rrray Rrrice, rrrunning for the... Rrravens!!!")

ESPN is bullshit. I noticed the lack of coverage today and wasn't even upset. I was expecting it. ESPN appeals to the money markets and bandwagon fan bases and that is it.

All Ray Rice did was monstrously outplay the Madden Cover Boy and set career (and team?) records; all we did was stay on track for first seed in the conference. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    The NFL Network is much better about it. Eisen & co. actually seem to really like the Ravens, esp. Ray Rice. ("Rrray Rrrice, rrrunning for the... Rrravens!!!")
    R'UH R'OH!!!!!:happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

ESPN is bullshit. I noticed the lack of coverage today and wasn't even upset. I was expecting it. ESPN appeals to the money markets and bandwagon fan bases and that is it.

All Ray Rice did was monstrously outplay the Madden Cover Boy and set career (and team?) records; all we did was stay on track for first seed in the conference. No biggie.
    No that would belong to Jamal Lewis the 2000 yard season....against the Browns twice he had more yards than Ray had today.

NFL Network coverage is so much better than ESPN. It's a shame they had to put those two idiots on the same show, Irvin and Deion. I like Deion when he actually talks football and doesn't just speak complete and utter nonsense.

What do you expect, ESPN have evidently anointed the Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...er-declaration
    The one AFC team that has proven it can beat another with offense, defense or special teams is Pittsburgh. The Ravens and Texans can't match the depth of the Steelers' playmakers in Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.
    Expected better from Hensley, didn't take him long to come round to the party line.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    What do you expect, ESPN have evidently anointed the Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...er-declaration

Expected better from Hensley, didn't take him long to come round to the party line.
    That article is terrible. The Steelers barely escaped Tyler Palko's Chiefs the previous week.

Jamison's article last night was a bit odd. It kind of makes you want to ask him if he singlehandedly decided that the NFL will now begin awarding style points, or if it was some kind of broader decision. Wins are wins Jamison, and losses are losses.

The Steelers have yet to prove they can beat a top team and beating up the Bengals, who also have yet to prove they can beat a top team, showed us nothing.

It is worth pointing out that the Steelers are 1-3 against teams they are likely to see in the playoffs - lets see you spin that one bro!

Sportscenter skips boring/meaningless games all the time. If you want every games highlights, then watch Primetime or the NFL network.

Or I guess you could try to come up with some homer conspiracy theory...

ESPN goes out of their way to fornicate over Aaron Rodgers every 15 minutes. Until they lose this won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    Sportscenter skips boring/meaningless games all the time. If you want every games highlights, then watch Primetime or the NFL network.

Or I guess you could try to come up with some homer conspiracy theory...
    :word

Giving air time to 14 games (excluding Thursday and Monday nights), isn't going to happen on ESPN. They've got other things to fit into the hour, like Tiger Woods finally winning something, the BCS matchups, college basketball highlights, etc etc. And yes, stories like the unbeaten Packers, Tebowmania, and 49ers winning their division are going to rank higher on their list of stuff to discuss than the Ravens running over the Browns.

If you want to see every NFL game given a fair amount of coverage, you gotta watch the network that's dedicated to just covering the NFL.