Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Ravens Secondary

I realize you don't want to take a guy like Webb who's playing so well and move him to a different position (look what happened to Kenny Tate), but I see Webb's skillset translating well to being a safety if he's who we want replacing Reed when he retires (I know he played safety in college). Am I crazy? Or does size matter more with a safety than it does at corner?

Re: Ravens Secondary

Against the best passing teams, ie New Orleans and Green Bay, we would going to need a brutal pass rush, and corner backs who can tackle the short throws immediately. I watch a lot of these games, and I know those offenses really well, especially the Saints. You can not allow Rogers or Brees to throw from back there without a rush...
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 12-05-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Re: Ravens Secondary

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    is chyckie brown someone to look forward to?
    In a word, no. He is not physically talented enough to play CB in the NFL, nor is he smart enough to compensate for it. His best-case projection would be a Frank Walker type DB who is physical enough to cover TE's and bigger red-zone only WR's (e.g. Ramses Barden, Ernest Wilford), he also may be able to contribute on special teams. Overall, though, I wouldn't expect him to ever be a valuable NFL player.

4. Re: Ravens Secondary

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    In a word, no. He is not physically talented enough to play CB in the NFL, nor is he smart enough to compensate for it. His best-case projection would be a Frank Walker type DB who is physical enough to cover TE's and bigger red-zone only WR's (e.g. Ramses Barden, Ernest Wilford), he also may be able to contribute on special teams. Overall, though, I wouldn't expect him to ever be a valuable NFL player.
    Man how do you know all this??
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb