Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Mark Sanchez an upgraded version of Kyle Boller?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    compare their other stats - they are almost identical. not sure why people say Flacco is so awesome and Sanchez sucks; they're not that far apart at all
    Yeah, this year, which is Sanchez's best year and Flacco's worst. Over their careers, it's not even close.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

I do believe that Mark Sanchez is better than Kyle Boller.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah, this year, which is Sanchez's best year and Flacco's worst. Over their careers, it's not even close.

- C -
    you're right, Sanchez has been to the AFCC- twice. got me there ;)

I'm not sure why some have to hate on the guy, he's a decent QB and very comparable to Joe.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens are 4-0 against the most competitive division in football.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Boller ruined the chances of playoff capable teams. All they had to do was plug in McNair, or even Wright, and it was playoffs.

No comparison at all. Sanchez might be along for the ride, but he isn't sabotaging his teams chances like Boller did.

you're right, Sanchez has been to the AFCC- twice. got me there ;)

I'm not sure why some have to hate on the guy, he's a decent QB and very comparable to Joe.
    Because if he were on a team with even a good defense, he'd be at best .500 and more likely .400 over his career and never sniffed a playoff game.

Guess Trent Dilfer was pretty similar to Flacco too, eh?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

do turnovers include fumbles because Joe is leading the league in fumbesl ;) nice try though
    I didn't realize fumbles has nothing to do with pass protection. If joe wasnt mauled during every pass, he wouldn't lead the league in fumbles.

Interceptions, on the other hand, are a more QB independent stat (although not perfect). But regardless of stats, I've seen too many red zone turnovers by Sanchez for anyone to convince me they are of equal caliber. Joes not all that, but he's not Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez is joe flacco, combined with the untimely mistakes of Romo, or in other words, Kyle Boller.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Because if he were on a team with even a good defense, he'd be at best .500 and more likely .400 over his career and never sniffed a playoff game.

Guess Trent Dilfer was pretty similar to Flacco too, eh?

- C -
    at least he complets more than 50% of his passes... unlike someone ;)

OK I got it, you hate Sanchez. But back it up with some facts if you want to make a case. There are way worse QBs in the league than Mark Sanchez. And if his receivers didn't drop so many passes he'd have much better stats.

at least he complets more than 50% of his passes... unlike someone ;)

OK I got it, you hate Sanchez. But back it up with some facts if you want to make a case. There are way worse QBs in the league than Mark Sanchez. And if his receivers didn't drop so many passes he'd have much better stats.
    He can't, there is a reason Boller was given up on in Raider land of all places after one performance. Sanchez isn't getting replaced by some guy off waivers any time soon.

Your response only makes sense if PSU is claiming that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league. He's not. He's arguing that Sanchez's best year is statistically similar to Joe's worst and therefor the idea that they're comparable is laughable.

And he's right.

Mark is a mediocre QB who's success is entirely predicated on playing well enough not to screw it up for the rest of his team. Joe is expected to win games for us regularly and had done so.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    He can't, there is a reason Boller was given up on in Raider land of all places after one performance. Sanchez isn't getting replaced by some guy off waivers any time soon.
    If Sanchez were a 5th round pick, he might not even be starting right now. The jets will take forever to realize he trash because of what they invested in him (much like Boller in baltimore)
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Your response only makes sense if PSU is claiming that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league. He's not. He's arguing that Sanchez's best year is statistically similar to Joe's worst and therefor the idea that they're comparable is laughable.

And he's right.

Mark is a mediocre QB who's success is entirely predicated on playing well enough not to screw it up for the rest of his team. Joe is expected to win games for us regularly and had done so.
    can you provide some facts or stats? I guess as long as someone says Sanchez sucks it has to be true. He's got a better percentage, more yards per attempt, more TDs, and less fumbles to cite a few

Of all days to be bashing Sanchez, look at Joe's stats. Luckily we have a great running team.