Vikings Cut Donovan McNabb

Donovan McNabb was cut by the Minnesota Vikings today. He was relugated to the 3'rd string QB on the team and asked to be released. I always felt he was overrated but man has he ever fallen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-40NHii-Qs

Re: Vikings Cut Donovan McNabb

Can you say career over.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Here's a thought....would McNabb be a good option as Flacco's backup?

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Probably no better or worse than some random guy from the stands.

A resounding "NO". He is done. The Eagles didn't want him so they traded him to the Redskins. The Redskins didn't want him so they traded him to the Vikings. Now the Vikings don't want him either. All of these teams are bad teams and they don't want him. Why in the hell would the Ravens be interested! Ozzie is way too smart for that. Bye Bye Donovan even Campbell soup canned him. Go Ravens!!!

Blog Entries

there are some teams that could probably still use him as backup. but those dirtballs he threw this year make me wonder if he can step up when needed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's really hard to say. Part of me thinks he could really help someone out and part of me wonders if he is Steve McNair circa 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It's really hard to say. Part of me thinks he could really help someone out and part of me wonders if he is Steve McNair circa 2007.
    Yeah kind of thinking he's 60-40 in favor of him being over the hill.

Blog Entries
    McNabb has attitude issues. Nothing you are going to see on the field. He doesn't want to be the backup and isn't good in the locker room in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    McNabb has attitude issues. Nothing you are going to see on the field. He doesn't want to be the backup and isn't good in the locker room in that role.
    I don't know, man. If he does, nobody has ever seen them. Playing as long as he did in Philly, I think we would have heard about them. I thought he handled the inexplicable benching in Washington last year quite well, and we heard no gripes from him after he lost his job to a rookie earlier this year in Minnesota (although he did eventually ask for his release when he was downgraded to the 3rd string---which I think was not out of line at all).

McNabb is all class. Did you see him on NFL Network last night. How many guys would have the class to go on TV and talk about being released? He handled the questions well and it was a great interview. Kurt Warner's words of encouragement to him, and firsthand story of how he flourished in AZ after being released from the NYG, was a great piece of television.

I think there are two teams out there right now in playoff contention (Houston and Chicago) that could definitely benefit from his services. Naturally, I don't want him to end up in Houston, as they need to lose at least once more for our master plan of home field advantage to materialize.

McNabb is from the Chicago area. I'm sure he would love to be signed by the Bears.

Having been a fan since his freshman year at Syracuse, I agree that McNabb does not have an attitude problem, and I don't believe that he is a locker room cancer. The man has taken a LOT of things in stride.

But physically, I think his career is over. At most he is a back-up QB. he can't carry a team for a full season anymore. Cutler should be pleased if McNabb is signed, because McNabb can't beat him for the starting job at this point in his career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I don't know, man. If he does, nobody has ever seen them. Playing as long as he did in Philly, I think we would have heard about them. I thought he handled the inexplicable benching in Washington last year quite well, and we heard no gripes from him after he lost his job to a rookie earlier this year in Minnesota (although he did eventually ask for his release when he was downgraded to the 3rd string---which I think was not out of line at all).

McNabb is all class. Did you see him on NFL Network last night. How many guys would have the class to go on TV and talk about being released? He handled the questions well and it was a great interview. Kurt Warner's words of encouragement to him, and firsthand story of how he flourished in AZ after being released from the NYG, was a great piece of television.

I think there are two teams out there right now in playoff contention (Houston and Chicago) that could definitely benefit from his services. Naturally, I don't want him to end up in Houston, as they need to lose at least once more for our master plan of home field advantage to materialize.
    I don't want to imply that he's being a dick because I doubt that's the case. McNabb is a very competitive person and is probably having a tough time accepting that his skills just aren't there. According to Pat Kirwin a couple of weeks ago McNabb just wasn't very helpful after he was benched. This is not someone who is just happy to collect a paycheck. He wants to play and win.

I heard Randall Cunningham many years ago say that he had to be out of football before he could accept the fact that he was going to be a backup. Cunningham said he had to decide if he still could be passionate without knowing that he was going to play. He decided he was and actually ended up starting for the Vikings. If McNabb can get himself in better shape and still has something left it could be the same thing. I like him to so I hope he works it out.