Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Bleacherreport- If the draft were done over today...

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    That '08 draft was absurdly loaded with RBs. McFadden, Jonathan Stewart, Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson in th 1st. Jamaal Charles wasn't taken til the 3rd.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    It's probably the best draft in NFL history if you look at talent at one particular position.

People talk about the Marino/Elway/Kelly 1983 draft as the best ever for one position, and it's hard to argue with that with 3 HOFers, but there might very well be 3 HOFers somewhere in the 08 running back draft. The depth at RB in 08 was better than the QB draft in 83.

McFadden
    Stewart
    Mendenhall
    Felix Jones
    Chris Johnson
    Ray Rice
    Matt Forte
    Jamaal Charles
    Steve Slaton
    Kevin Smith
    Peyton Hillis
    Tim Hightower
    Ryan Torain
    Justin Forsett

McFadden, Stewart, Mendenhall, CJ, Rice, Forte, Charles, Slaton, and Hillis have already top 1000 yards in a season. Rice, Mendenhall, Forte, and Charles have turned in two 1000 yard seasons and CJ is 3-for-3 in 1000 yard seasons.

Kevin Smith narrowly missed a 1000 yard season....twice. Felix Jones can't stay healthy to save his life, but has averaged 5.3 YPC for his career, which is quite good.

Crazy good draft class.

2. Re: Bleacherreport- If the draft were done over today...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It's probably the best draft in NFL history if you look at talent at one particular position.

People talk about the Marino/Elway/Kelly 1983 draft as the best ever for one position, and it's hard to argue with that with 3 HOFers, but there might very well be 3 HOFers somewhere in the 08 running back draft. The depth at RB in 08 was better than the QB draft in 83.

McFadden
    Stewart
    Mendenhall
    Felix Jones
    Chris Johnson
    Ray Rice
    Matt Forte
    Jamaal Charles
    Steve Slaton
    Kevin Smith
    Peyton Hillis
    Tim Hightower
    Ryan Torain
    Justin Forsett

McFadden, Stewart, Mendenhall, CJ, Rice, Forte, Charles, Slaton, and Hillis have already top 1000 yards in a season. Rice, Mendenhall, Forte, and Charles have turned in two 1000 yard seasons and CJ is 3-for-3 in 1000 yard seasons.

Kevin Smith narrowly missed a 1000 yard season....twice. Felix Jones can't stay healthy to save his life, but has averaged 5.3 YPC for his career, which is quite good.

Crazy good draft class.
    I'm gonna ask you to please put down the pipe.. :D

Ray Rice.. McFadden. Forte, and Charles are the only Rbs worth 2 shits on that list..

And maybe 1 of them if they keep up the pace they are at will be hall of famers....

Its really impressive, but until we see 3 hall of famers from that list i wont put it over the 83 class.. Much too early to make such a bold statement.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Bleacherreport- If the draft were done over today...

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Ray Rice.. McFadden. Forte, and Charles are the only Rbs worth 2 shits on that list...
    Oh, I think I could squeeze out a couple for Chris Johnson, even if he's having a somewhat down year.

4. Re: Bleacherreport- If the draft were done over today...

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Oh, I think I could squeeze out a couple for Chris Johnson, even if he's having a somewhat down year.
    Ofcourse didn't see him.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb