Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Baltimore Sun - Harbaugh defends Cameron

“I think all of our coaches have done a great job,” Harbaugh said during his weekly conference Monday. “I think Cam has done a great job, I think [defensive coordinator] Chuck [Pagano] has done a great job, [special teams coordinator] Jerry [Rosburg] has done a great job, right down through all the assistant coaches. Every year is a tough year. Every year brings us different challenges, and I think what you try to do as a coach, [you] try to address those challenges as they come up. And all three phases, and offense, certainly with the young guys we have had out there, and the new guys we have had out there on the offensive line, have presented some unique challenges. I think the offensive coaches have done a great job. Cam has done a great job with leading that side of it. We’ve had to kind of search for – week to week – ways to find a way to do the best we can to win football games. Sometimes we’ve done better than other times – all of us. So that’s where we’re at.”
    Forget about Cameron, how can he said Rosburg is doing a great job?

Re: Baltimore Sun - Harbaugh defends Cameron

Winning cures everything. Good job, bad job, won't make a difference if the Ravens keep winning, even if they win in spite of some of those guys.

The Ravens need to win out to insure a first week bye and a home playoff game. What did you think Harbs would do? Throw them under the bus. Cam will be dealt with in the off season.

Coach speak.

He's going to defend all of his coaches publicly until they get canned. And even then they will still say kind words publicly.

Blog Entries

What is he suppose to say to the media..."he's doing a horrible job"?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

John Harbaugh is an excellent coach. He should be defending all his coaches and players. Do you think he's going to motivate them if he bashes them to the media? Seriously jeez

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Coach speak.

He's going to defend all of his coaches publicly until they get canned. And even then they will still say kind words publicly.
    This. It's PR101. No good coach will bash anyone in a press conference. It's not professional.

I'm sure private coaches meetings are much different though.

Agree, at this point Harbs not about to throw anyone under the bus! Don't agree about Cam. If we go deep into play offs, Harbs will fight FOR him. My problem with Cam, is his not changing game plan when his plan is failing. Should not have to wait for half time to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This. It's PR101. No good coach will bash anyone in a press conference. It's not professional.

I'm sure private coaches meetings are much different though.
    This. Praise in public, reproach in private when needed. One of the golden rules of management in business....pro football is no different.

Actually, Cam has done an OK job. Other than 3 games, the offense has looked much better than the last few years.

Other than a couple of calls a game that make you say what the fudge, he's doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Actually, Cam has done an OK job. Other than 3 games, the offense has looked much better than the last few years.

Other than a couple of calls a game that make you say what the fudge, he's doing ok.
    Agree completely. Joe is getting in sync with Torrey Smith, Lee Evans, Pitta and Dickson too. I think we will get better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Coach speak.

Ding, ding, ding!

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.