Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away Game Trips

Away Game Trips

I was wondering where most people are going on away trips this year? I am going to San Diego, where I thought most people would go before the schedule came out and had it Thanksgiving weekend. Now I think most might go to SF. It was alot of fun last year in N.O. and would be great to represent the RAvens as a team that travels well.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: Away Game Trips

Definitely San Diego and Washington (preseason), probably Miami and/or Buffalo.

Never been to California and the end of November sounds like a GREAT time of year to be out there in the sun. Also want to check out Tijuanna, althought I may regret that decision later :lol

SF, Sea, and Buf are the 3 I am planning on.

RavensTrips.com will be offering packages to San Francisco, San Diego, Miami and a Monday Night trip to Pittsburgh. They will provide more details as they build out the packages but for now here's what they've got going on: RAVENSTRIPS.COM

By the way, they are a sponsor....help those who help you....

5. Re: Away Game Trips

Well since the teams to be played away goes out to 2009, we had Seattle down for awhile now, until it was anounced its 2 days before xmas! We went to San Deigo 4 years ago, and its a great time but thats thanksgiving weekend.

So we are down to Miami dec 16th or San Fran oct 7th. The guys i go with all want Miami, but id like to go to San Fran since ive never been there. Ive checked some hotels in Miami beach and some are already sold out that week since alot of people go to florida for xmas.

So looks like we are going to Miami.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

6. Re: Away Game Trips

I will be going to all road games this year. I hope to see a good showing of Ravens fans in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Seattle.etc.. not just San Diego and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Also want to check out Tijuanna, althought I may regret that decision later :lol
    Don't forget to get a passport first, or they won't let you back into the US. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Landover - definite
    Buffalo - almost definite
    Seattle - almost definite
    Miami - probably
    San Francisco - possibly
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Landover - definite
    Why anyone would subject themselves to this is beyond me.

Unless it's a regular season game, there is no way in hell I'll ever step near that dump.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Why anyone would subject themselves to this is beyond me.

Unless it's a regular season game, there is no way in hell I'll ever step near that dump.

PP
    Let's see:

- I go to tailgate party with friends and with future in-laws who are Redskins season ticket holders

- it's 14 miles from my house

- I'm home 35 minutes after I leave the stadium

- I enjoy wearing purple when in the midst of the heathen Redskins fans

- I often get my tickets at half price or better

- Exhibition game or not, it's another opportunity to see the Ravens in person, without the hassle of flying
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Let's see:

- I go to tailgate party with friends and with future in-laws who are Redskins season ticket holders

- it's 14 miles from my house

- I'm home 35 minutes after I leave the stadium

- I enjoy wearing purple when in the midst of the heathen Redskins fans

- I often get my tickets at half price or better

- Exhibition game or not, it's another opportunity to see the Ravens in person, without the hassle of flying

None of those reasons are close to good enough for me to go there. I did in 2003 and never will again.

You do agree it's a shitty stadium with shitty traffic in and out, correct?

I'd easily drive to Philly or even the Meadowlands for a preseason game before I'd head down to "Raljon".

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    None of those reasons are close to good enough for me to go there. I did in 2003 and never will again.

You do agree it's a shitty stadium with shitty traffic in and out, correct?

I'd easily drive to Philly or even the Meadowlands for a preseason game before I'd head down to "Raljon".

PP
    I agree that it's a shitty stadium. Packed in like sardines. Terrible suburban location: In the pristine, rolling hills of Landover, next door to the lovely Landover Mall. (It does have escalators, though).

As to the traffic: I never have a problem. I've gone there about 10 times and have never encountered much difficulty. Of course, I take back country roads. Now: if you follow the other lemmings and exit out Arena Drive onto I-495 north, you will definitely get stuck in traffic.

As to Philly and Meadowlands, I would go to Philly to see the new stadium, but the NFL keeps scheduling the games down here. No thanks to New Jersey, unless there were a worthwhile game attraction.