Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bring on Green Bay or Whomever!

Last year we were really good but we had major issues. Our O-line pass protection was shady at best and our pass rush was called Suggs. On offense we were solid but had the slowest and oldest receiving corps in the league. As a result all of our weaknesses were exposed everytime we played Pittsburgh or a playoff contender. Ozzie notices this and in comes the ax, lol. Fast forward to now and you have an 8-3 team which is guilty of not playing to its potential against lesser teams. Really? People we have a championship caliber team. The question is can we become consistently dominant. I hope and think we can. However, I know unlike other years , all the pieces are there. Speed on offense and explosion? Check. Good pass blocking when healthy? Check. Secondary depth and talent? Check. Finally, the big one, Pass Rush? Check. Bonus: 2 of the best defensive players to ever play the game? Check. Dont know if we'll get there but I think we''ve got the team this year. So, bring on the Packers or whomever! We matchup against anyone, especially Pittsburgh and Green Bay.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Re: Bring on Green Bay or Whomever!

Why is that horse behind the cart? ... Bc

Blog Entries
    Beat Believeland

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If Jimmy Smith picks up his play and Carr is healthy, we're one of the few teams that might be able to slow Green Bay down enough for our offense to make a difference.

On offense, I think we can run the football and keep Rodgers on the sideline. Keeping Flacco between 28-35 pass attempts would be critical. That should be the goal for the rest of the season, but it would definitely be critical against the Packers. Between Rice and Williams, we'd want to see 30+ rushing attempts.

Keeping the game close (or blowing them out) would also be a necessity. They aren't really a threat to our run defense, but Rodgers is so accurate and quick with the football they don't need to run to control the clock. Their defense is their weakness, and so that's what we'd have to attack by keeping them on the field and grinding them down.

We could beat the Packers, I think, but it would be far from easy.

Packers are good, really good, but far from unbeatable. I mean our defense hasn't backed down from anyone, EVER. Not to mention the Packers defense is turnover or bust. Packers would be the favorite but if we make it to Indy its anyone's game. All I'm saying is I like our shot, against anyone. Dont think we're far superior than every other team but no one really scares me. New England, Pissburgh, Oakland, Houston, Cincinnatti? Who's got it better than us? Noooobody, lol
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Packers are good, really good, but far from unbeatable. I mean our defense hasn't backed down from anyone, EVER. Not to mention the Packers defense is turnover or bust. Packers would be the favorite but if we make it to Indy its anyone's game. All I'm saying is I like our shot, against anyone. Dont think we're far superior than every other team but no one really scares me. New England, Pissburgh, Oakland, Houston, Cincinnatti? Who's got it better than us? Noooobody, lol
    I like your attitude, all it takes is for one team to make the Packers look vulnerable just like 2007 Ravens did to the Pats (before they fell apart and loss unfortunately) which led to the Giants fully exposing them in the Superbowl.

I thought last year the Ravens were the best team in football, and flat out choked. Had they not blown it against the Steelers, they would have obliterated the Jets, and I think they would have beaten the Pack too. I am still upset about last year because those opportunities come few and far between, when you have a clear path to a title like that.

This year's team is better, but there are a couple of teams that are formidable. I think the 2011 Ravens can beat *any* team, and they have beaten some damn good teams so far. One game at a time though. Beat Cleveland. We have to go 4-1 down the stretch to have any shot at the division, and 5-0 to get homefield. If they do that, they are going to the Superbowl. Nobody will beat them in the playoffs at M&T.

I'd love to see a Ravens/Packers SB. Love to. I'm not convinced the Pack will do it though. They look an awful lot like the 2007 Pats, who seemed to get a little more vulnerable each week. They nearly lost to a bad Ravens team. Then nearly lost to the Giants. Then, finally, lost to the Giants. You could see it coming. The Pack is going to have to contend with the Saints. The Saints are the better team right now in the NFC.

Blog Entries

I will say this...the ravens are not going to lose at home this year. If they can somehow pull the #1 seed, they will be in the SB. If they have to get through the playoffs on the road, I guess they have as good a chance as they have had in the previous three years.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    If Jimmy Smith picks up his play and Carr is healthy, we're one of the few teams that might be able to slow Green Bay down enough for our offense to make a difference.

On offense, I think we can run the football and keep Rodgers on the sideline. Keeping Flacco between 28-35 pass attempts would be critical. That should be the goal for the rest of the season, but it would definitely be critical against the Packers. Between Rice and Williams, we'd want to see 30+ rushing attempts.

Keeping the game close (or blowing them out) would also be a necessity. They aren't really a threat to our run defense, but Rodgers is so accurate and quick with the football they don't need to run to control the clock. Their defense is their weakness, and so that's what we'd have to attack by keeping them on the field and grinding them down.

We could beat the Packers, I think, but it would be far from easy.

Oh heck no, the only way to beat the PACKERS is to throw it, they have a weak secondary. Flacco has the Skill, he is ready imo.

Blog Entries

That you, Cam?

Tough to feel good about going up against a QB playing better than any QB in any season ever. I would really love to see it though!

Blog Entries

Best way to attack the Packers is to bang their receivers around. Pressure does not bother Rodgers. He is also great at finding the open man. Keep hitting every receiver on every play. At least that will force Rodgers to check down.

The Packers defense is all about pressure and they aren't great at getting it. If you can block them you will score on them.