I have no problem if Sgt. Colt or any other Indy fan wants to embrace both "volumes" of the Colts. They can do whatever they want. I don't quite understand it. As a lifelong Oriole fans, I have never had the slighest interest in the history of the St. Louis Browns, but hey,to each his own. My problem comes when the NFL and Hall of Fame pretends that there is only one volume of the Colts.

I also find it funny that Sgt. Colt mentions the Dodgers. Has he ever seen Jackie Robinson's Hall of Fame plaque? It does not say he played for the Los Angeles Dodgers or even the "Dodgers." It says Brooklyn NL. MLB and the Hall of Fame goes out of its way to ensure that no one will ever confuse the LA Dodgers with the Brooklyn Dodgers. The shame is that the NFL & its Hall of Fame could not do the same thing. The solution is really simple. The Baltimore Colts died in 1984. Just like the Canton Bulldogs and Pottstown Maroons, they no longer exist. It is time that the NFL accepts reality and seperate/retire the Baltimore Colts records, as Johnny Unitas long ago requested. Why? Because it is the right and decent thing to do. Then, if they so choose, the Indy Colts could publish the Baltimore Colts records as a seperate section of their media guide and the Ravens could do the same thing. That way, everybody could be happy.

By the way, it was a classy thing that Jimmy Irsay did. The NFL needs to get with the program and follow suit.