Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 29
  1. #13

    More Johnson fallout



    Pouha claims insensitivity over 9/11 attacks......................

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...th-celebration

    "Pouha said Monday that Johnson putting his arms out and acting like a plane -- something Santonio Holmes does after scoring -- but then crashing into the turf in the Jets' 28-24 win Sunday was "kind of a dagger" because of the attacks that occurred 10 years ago in Manhattan, a few miles from MetLife Stadium.

    Pouha said it was an "unprofessional" gesture by Johnson, whom he said didn't take into account that 9/11 is a "sacred moment."



    Sounds like political correctness bullshit. Johnson wasn't poking at 9/11 he was poking at Santonio Holmes. You get paid a shit load of money to play a game so shut the fuck up and play.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Cincy
    Posts
    4,538

    Re: More Johnson fallout

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    Pouha claims insensitivity over 9/11 attacks......................

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...th-celebration

    "Pouha said Monday that Johnson putting his arms out and acting like a plane -- something Santonio Holmes does after scoring -- but then crashing into the turf in the Jets' 28-24 win Sunday was "kind of a dagger" because of the attacks that occurred 10 years ago in Manhattan, a few miles from MetLife Stadium.

    Pouha said it was an "unprofessional" gesture by Johnson, whom he said didn't take into account that 9/11 is a "sacred moment."



    Sounds like political correctness bullshit. Johnson wasn't poking at 9/11 he was poking at Santonio Holmes. You get paid a shit load of money to play a game so shut the fuck up and play.
    The Plaxico thing was funny. Didn't get the plane crash thing.




  3. #15

    Re: More Johnson fallout

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    The Plaxico thing was funny. Didn't get the plane crash thing.
    It was supposed to be the NY Jets crashing and burning because that is their celebration gesture.

    Honestly, it was unprofessional and stupid. But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,294
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More Johnson fallout

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.
    Exactly. People put way too much into things. Why would anyone associate what he did to 9/11? It's obvious that he was implying that the Jets were crashing.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It was supposed to be the NY Jets crashing and burning because that is their celebration gesture.

    Honestly, it was unprofessional and stupid. But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.
    Agreed. Come on, man!
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: More Johnson fallout

    PFT states that he will be fined for using a gun imitation which is outlawed.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    The politically correct won't like it, but I thought it was hilarious.
    Forget pc, he cost his team the game and their hopes for the playoffs. Wouldn't want him on my team
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    382

    Re: More Johnson fallout

    Here ya go Pouha, they're expecting you. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Associ...60462073965047




  9. Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

    Yes, it was a funny celebration, however, he was willing to hurt his team by getting them a 15 yard penalty for it. His coach should have grabbed his dumbass by the facemask and threw him on the bench.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fredneck, MD
    Posts
    355

    Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Forget pc, he cost his team the game and their hopes for the playoffs. Wouldn't want him on my team
    Agreed, did you also notice on the potential game winning TD pass that he dropped in the last minute at the 20yard line how bad he had beaten Revis? He spanked him on his move and then drops an easy catch he should have made.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,348
    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    The politically correct won't like it, but I thought it was hilarious.
    PC had nothing to do with it and I'd be pissed as hell if a Raven did it.

    It cost them 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff, one that was flubbed by the way, putting the Jets in perfect scoring position. And who caught that Jets TD? Plaxico, that's who.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Myrtle Beach - Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51

    Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

    Do yinz know this is the same guy that dropped an OT TD VS the Steelers last year and blamed it on God. LOL - and Thank You Stevie.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland