Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

More Johnson fallout

Pouha claims insensitivity over 9/11 attacks......................

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...th-celebration

"Pouha said Monday that Johnson putting his arms out and acting like a plane -- something Santonio Holmes does after scoring -- but then crashing into the turf in the Jets' 28-24 win Sunday was "kind of a dagger" because of the attacks that occurred 10 years ago in Manhattan, a few miles from MetLife Stadium.

Pouha said it was an "unprofessional" gesture by Johnson, whom he said didn't take into account that 9/11 is a "sacred moment."

Sounds like political correctness bullshit. Johnson wasn't poking at 9/11 he was poking at Santonio Holmes. You get paid a shit load of money to play a game so shut the fuck up and play.

Blog Entries

Re: More Johnson fallout

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    Pouha claims insensitivity over 9/11 attacks......................

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...th-celebration

"Pouha said Monday that Johnson putting his arms out and acting like a plane -- something Santonio Holmes does after scoring -- but then crashing into the turf in the Jets' 28-24 win Sunday was "kind of a dagger" because of the attacks that occurred 10 years ago in Manhattan, a few miles from MetLife Stadium.

Pouha said it was an "unprofessional" gesture by Johnson, whom he said didn't take into account that 9/11 is a "sacred moment."

Sounds like political correctness bullshit. Johnson wasn't poking at 9/11 he was poking at Santonio Holmes. You get paid a shit load of money to play a game so shut the fuck up and play.
    The Plaxico thing was funny. Didn't get the plane crash thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    The Plaxico thing was funny. Didn't get the plane crash thing.
    It was supposed to be the NY Jets crashing and burning because that is their celebration gesture.

Honestly, it was unprofessional and stupid. But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.
    Exactly. People put way too much into things. Why would anyone associate what he did to 9/11? It's obvious that he was implying that the Jets were crashing.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It was supposed to be the NY Jets crashing and burning because that is their celebration gesture.

Honestly, it was unprofessional and stupid. But trying to tie it to 9/11 is a HUGE stretch and it's the last thing I'm sure anyone thought of when they saw it.
    Agreed. Come on, man!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

PFT states that he will be fined for using a gun imitation which is outlawed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    The politically correct won't like it, but I thought it was hilarious.
    Forget pc, he cost his team the game and their hopes for the playoffs. Wouldn't want him on my team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Here ya go Pouha, they're expecting you. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Associ...60462073965047

9. Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

Yes, it was a funny celebration, however, he was willing to hurt his team by getting them a 15 yard penalty for it. His coach should have grabbed his dumbass by the facemask and threw him on the bench.

Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Forget pc, he cost his team the game and their hopes for the playoffs. Wouldn't want him on my team
    Agreed, did you also notice on the potential game winning TD pass that he dropped in the last minute at the 20yard line how bad he had beaten Revis? He spanked him on his move and then drops an easy catch he should have made.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    The politically correct won't like it, but I thought it was hilarious.
    PC had nothing to do with it and I'd be pissed as hell if a Raven did it.

It cost them 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff, one that was flubbed by the way, putting the Jets in perfect scoring position. And who caught that Jets TD? Plaxico, that's who.

Re: Stevie Johnson TD Celebration

Do yinz know this is the same guy that dropped an OT TD VS the Steelers last year and blamed it on God. LOL - and Thank You Stevie.