I don't usually post on boards dedicated to other football teams, but I do like to read the forums for fans of teams the Ravens are about to play or who they just played to see their expectations and reactions to the game. The 49ers.com forum had a thread on the Thanksgiving game, and it seemed to me some of them were overly negative about their team. They played a hell of a game considering they'd traveled across the country in a short week, giving just one touchdown and three field goals.

Unfortunately, my attempt to join the forum in order to give them my impression of their team- far more positive than most of the posters on that thread- was rejected by the admins.

Dear bacchys,

Unfortunately your registration at 49ers Message Board Community did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
49ers Message Board Community
There wasn't any "why do you want to join the board" question or anything: just register with your birthdate, user name/password, and then hit the link on the email they sent you. Then you had to wait for a moderator to give the thumbs up or thumbs down. They don't say why I didn't "meet [their] membership requirements."

Pathetic, imo. You can always ban a troll after he's shown himself a troll. Banning people without giving them a chance is weak.