Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suh

Blog Entries

Re: Suh

I think that Packer player aught to Suh...I mean sue him... Bc

I don't get this guy at all. He seems so well-adjusted, thoughtful, and insightful off the field. Get him on it, though, and he becomes a dirty, psychotic nut.

Oh, and who was it a few weeks ago who said that Ngata is "the Ndamukong Suh of the AFC"? Well, no. He actually isn't...because cheap shots aren't in #92's repertoire. (NTM because, frankly, I think Ngata's better.)

Yeah, Suh's gotta sit for at least a couple games.

Blog Entries

Suh was tackled by the O-lineman. He was frustrated. The blocker had him with an underhook and took him down like they were in an MMA match.

Suh's got to get smarter and not hurt his team by allowing those things to get to him, but I don't think he's a dirtbag. When you go back and look at the other incidents that got him fined, there's the same root cause: an un-flagged penalty (if not more than one) against those blocking him.

Blog Entries

Ngata's a lot better than Suh, imo, and he was last year. The folks who think Suh is better are the type who think only sacks count when considering how good a D-lineman is. They're the type of fans who thought Dexter Manley was better than Charles Mann.

As for defending or excusing Suh on this: if anyone thinks that's what I've been doing they need to sign up for a remedial English comprehension course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Suh was tackled by the O-lineman. He was frustrated. The blocker had him with an underhook and took him down like they were in an MMA match.

Suh's got to get smarter and not hurt his team by allowing those things to get to him, but I don't think he's a dirtbag. When you go back and look at the other incidents that got him fined, there's the same root cause: an un-flagged penalty (if not more than one) against those blocking him.
    You're right, but there are so many unflagged penalties that a Pro player has to keep his head. Note that the Packers pass play was incomplete, so Suh gave them another chance... Bc

Blog Entries

I am serious. Watch the video. His whole body is jerking. He's turning away and stomping his foot down. He's angry and frustrated because he was basically tackled (in a headlock, no less) on the play.

So, no, I don't think he intended to stomp the player. He did, intentional or not, and he deserved to get ejected. He deserves the coming fine.
    I'm far less upset about his actions as his pitiful "apology" to "real" fans who understood he was right. It's too bad, really, I had a lot of respect for the guy too, with his donations to his alma mater and funding youth sports programs. Now I think of him as just a POS with a lot of money to give away.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Seriously dude your grasping at straws. So the forearm to back of Cutler's head and trying to rip Dalton and Delhomme's head off happened because he was illegally blocked?

He walked the fine line of dirty play and now has jumped completely across it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Seriously dude your grasping at straws. So the forearm to back of Cutler's head and trying to rip Dalton and Delhomme's head off happened because he was illegally blocked?

He walked the fine line of dirty play and now has jumped completely across it.
    The Dalton fine came from the first preseason game, and at the start of that play Suh is hit in the facemask by left guard. He pushes through the block, grabs Dalton around the shoulders, hitting Dalton's helmet with his facemask causing it to come off, and then takes him down.

It was a dumb play because Dalton released the ball just before Suh hit him. He shouldn't have taken him down. If he releases him after the hit, he probably wouldn't have even drawn a flag.

How does the old saying go?

"two wrongs don't make a right"

The guy is a scum bag bottom line. You dont throw tantrums like that in any profession...

Let me get this straight bacchys... You willing to turn a blind eye to Suh's aggressive (sometimes overly agressive) play based on the fact that sometimes he is illegally blocked. Its okay to grab a player by the head and throw him to the ground, because he was hit in the facemask.

I wonder if you would have the same opinion if Suggs reacted this way. Sizzle is held on virtually every play. You dont see him flying off the handle and losing his cool.

At some point you got to take responsiblity for your own actions. Regardless if someone pushed your buttons or not. Its part of being a mature adult. You giving Suh a pass would only encourage this type of behavior in the future.

If I'm the commish Suh season is done for several reasons. First he has a history of borderline dirty play and has been fined for it before. Second, this was a nationally televised game on Thanksgiving. Finally, but IMO the most important, is Haynesworth was sat for 5 games for a similar incident and he had no reputation of being a dirty player at all.

Blog Entries

At least Haynesworth has the balls to own up to his incident after the fact:

"What I did out there was disgusting. It doesn't matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can't describe it."

I think the Schwartz should suspend Suh right now, and not wait for Roger.
    Last edited by Mr OC; 11-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

I don't think he pulled a Haynesworth. After watching it, I don't think he meant to kick the player. Unlike Haynesworth, he was getting up and looking away as he stomped his foot. Haynesworth looked at the player and aimed his foot at the guy's head. Suh was basically flailing around in frustration, heedlessly.

Ejecting him was the right call, but I believe him that he didn't intentionally stomp on the guy. But he did stomp on him, so he should have been ejected and he should be fined. I don't think he should be suspended.
    Hello..I come to this forum quite a bit and enjoy reading and following the debates here. Although I rarely post, I find the forum both informative and entertaining. But reading the above made me need to post this.

I have seen both in sports and just in life people get mad and stomp at things, myself included. The intent is to stomp at whatever has angered you. Even if in doing so your head and shoulders are turned away the intent is still the same, you are stomping and trying to harm what angered you.

Suh may be a good football player, but he has anger issues that he needs to get addressed before he can truly become great. In this instance a fine and suspension are clearly warranted.

There is a difference between understanding why something happened, and then condoning that act.

I think many of you are mis-understanding what Bacchys is saying.

Blog Entries

Suh is quickly becoming the dirtiest player in the league. Was he like that in college? What a jerk...he couldn't even man up and take responsibility. He just stood there in front of the cameras and made excuses. He deserves whatever he has coming to him.