Len Bias doesn't make the list?

I guess this is not a TERPS site, but USA Today has compiled a list of the top 25 sports stories of the last 25 years, and Len Bias wasn't on the list? Possibly partially because I am close to the subject(a die-hard Terps fan), but that incident was probably # 1 on my list.! Here was a player with limitless possibilities, a very high ceiling, could have been a BIG star in the NBA, and we were witnesses! Hell, I was even going to become a ...GAG,PUKE, CHOKE, Celtics fan! Then the whole world changed! Lefty was gone, Bob Wade (where is he now?) blew up the program. Nationally, views on cocaine usage changed! Sentences were increased, as well as a more aggressive "war" on drugs... all drugs. It appears to me, this was a bigger story than many they mention.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/top25-sportsmoments.htm

Re: Len Bias doesn't make the list?

No kidding...talk about a glaring omission. Bias' death may have single handedly cause the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 86 along with destroying the Maryland program for years.

I'm really shocked.

I'd definitely put it top 5. It changed America forever.....and what about the 86 mets?

Who the hell wrote this thing? No way boston winning the world series is #1.

Any list that doesn't have 1 single NFL moment in the top 25 sports moments of the past 25 years is invalid.

This list is getting flamed left and right. It's a pretty bad list top to bottom if you ask me. Some of the choices are totally idiotic. Hardin and Kerrigan one of the top 25 stories of the last 25 years? Please.

It gets worse from there IMHO...

I agree that the Bias death should be somewhere on the list -- it not only ruined the Terps for several years, it also killed the Celtics. He probably didn't make the list because after so many years, people forget how incredibly talented he was.

And GreenWave52 is right about the NFL being totally missing from this list. It's only the most popular sport in the country -- nothing happened in the past 25 years in the NFL that was important or interesting enough to rank ahead of crap like Tonya Harding? :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Any list that doesn't have 1 single NFL moment in the top 25 sports moments of the past 25 years is invalid.
    I completely agree!!

Some of the stuff on that list is an absolute joke at best.

At minimum as far as football related topics go, The Colts and Browns moving should be up there.
    Both were moves that basically shocked the nation.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!