View Poll Results: Which day should we hold the party on?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • July 28, 2007

6 37.50%
  • August 4, 2007

10 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Question Ravens Party at B. Greg's, you pick the date

We are now scheduled for training camp, so time to set the annual party date.

I am torn between 7/28 and 8/4. I would go 8/4 as a no-brainer for me and most as that is the first Saturday of camp, but a few here will be going to the scrimmage on 8/4 and won't do both. I don't know why, the scrimmage ends at 2:00 and the party ends whenever you leave. Most don't even show up until around 2:00.

But, that being said, let's have a poll. Also, post your reasons, compelling reasons for one or the other might sway me more than a majority. If you don't plan on attending please don't vote.

Re: Ravens Party at B. Greg's, you pick the date

I'm moving on July 28, so that's out for me.

Greg is also installing my new hot tub that day, so I'd think it's out for him too...;)

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Really?

Camden's moving date is going to take a lot of votes to overcome.

I’d vote but I don’t think I’m going to be able to make the 3.5K mile trip this time around.

Ya’ll have a beer for me though would ya?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I've voted for the August one, simply because of CY's move and the fact I've got nothing going on until my bachelor party two weeks after that.

Anyway, I thought polls sucked?

And will there be banana flavored rum at the party?

Polls do suck, at least in terms of discussion generators. In terms of determing who has the cutest bum on the team or when to hold a party they work fine.

We of the household 9 miles north (a.k.a. "The Stix") of the windbag estates would definitely prefer the august 4th date.

For some unknown reason the powers that be decided to let our redneck asses aboard this big ass boat that sails around in the caribbean waters.

From what I'm told, this 965' dingy stops at pieces of land every couple of days and lets you off to explore abit.

I was firmly told by Mrs. Redneck to keep my money in my pocket, and my mouth shut when they let us off in the land of cannibas...eerrr...Jamaica.

So with a little luck, and a couple swift backhands upside the head by Mrs. Redneck, I won't end up in jail and will be getting back to the main land sometime late afternoon on Sat. the 28th.

Have no idea what time as I'm expecting numerous delays trying to get off the dingy while they try and nab those that tried to sneak onto the boat, and work their way into our society without the proper documentation.:hammer:
    The earliest I see us stepping foot into BWI is 4:00-5:00 pm.

With that being said, even if we're on time, we'll probably be too pooped to party, and sun burned to the bone.
    We'll have other stuff to deal with as well like making sure the house hasn't burned down, finding out how many people the redneck dogs have bitten, and washing our one change of clothes we each own.

Now we look forward to this party every year, and would hate to break the record of never missing one, so we would probably slither on over at some point if it was on the 28th, but this would be asking alot of my broken down old ass, as well as the cranky kid and pissed off redneck wife because I ignored her instructions in Jamaica.

I got to work on the 4th, but I'd be rolling in to the windbag estates by mid afternoon when things are just getting rolling.:D

Might even bring a bottle of that banana rum that we put a hurtin' on a couple weeks ago. Good stuff right there!!!

Nothing like duty free shopping for liquor.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 06-12-2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Wink Re: Ravens Party at B. Greg's, you pick the date

Greg:

I can't believe my eyes. You initiated a poll? After years of denying that privilege to others because polls suck? Isn't this akin to supporting a Michael Moore movie?

As to the question -- same response as at the other place. If you still want to have a Ravens related party on thesame day as another Ravens event, I'll try to make it, but may have to pass, if the kids get exhausted from too much in one day.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

That's two big reasons for the 4th, it will be hard to convince me for 7/28 without large sums of cash.

I'm sorry to say that I will have to miss the annual bash this year.......

I just started a new job at CiTi and this is my last week of training....I begin my regular schedule next week....which unfortunately has me working on saturdays.

I work from noon till ten thirty PM thursday, friday, saturday, and monday.

Maybe next season after I've been working there for a year, I'll take that day off.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

I like Aug 4th myself.

Blog Entries

Crap. I'll be in OBX 8/4.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.