Schein's nine breakout stars for 2007

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6947274

Here are my nine breakout players for 2007:

Matt Schaub: I've been saying it for a long time. If you give Matt Schaub 16 games, he'll automatically be a top 16 quarterback. The Texans are giving him more than a full season. Houston is giving him $40 million and the keys to the franchise. Schaub is a quick study and has had a great off-season under quarterback guru and Texans coach Gary Kubiak. Schaub gets to work with one of the elite receivers in the game in Andre Johnson. Owen Daniels is an emerging threat at tight end. And the Texans offensive line, while not great, is improved. Schaub will put himself and the Texans on the map with a big season.

Jason Peters: The former Arkansas tight end is on the cusp of being one of the best left tackles in the NFL. Peters is an incredible athlete with a wonderful work ethic. He's fortunate to be learning under Bills assistant Jim McNally, one of the great offensive line coaches in the league. Former Buffalo QB Kelly Holcomb told us last week that he thinks Peters will be a regular Pro Bowler starting this season.

Chris Canty: The first few seasons for Canty as a pro ball player have been solid. Canty's upside is spectacular. You have to jog the mental rolodex to Canty's junior year at the University of Virginia to remember how explosive he can be. In talking to the Dallas defensive end, he thinks that this will be his breakout season under Wade Phillips. Everyone's talking about the impact Phillips will have on Marcus Spears, but watch Canty become a major disruption to offenses this season.

Poll

DeAngelo Williams: Panthers guard Mike Wahle says Carolina's young running back is 100 percent healthy and primed for a big season. The numbers that Williams put up in college were eye-popping. Williams is the ideal blend of speed and power and with the Panthers offensive line healed up, and new offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson calling the plays, he'll remind everyone why he was drafted ahead of Joseph Addai in 2006.

Demetrius Williams: Last season was a breakout campaign for Mark Clayton. This year, Williams is going to shred his rookie numbers of 22 catches and two touchdowns. Williams became a favorite target of Steve McNair in the vertical passing attack late in the season with his speed, body and hands. The second-year receiver will very much be a factor early on in the, dare we say it, explosive Ravens offense.

Mathias Kiwanuka: At first I was against moving this defensive end to linebacker because of his incredible potential at end and injury concerns to Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck. But Tom Coughlin assured me that this plan was hatched in January, not in March or April when the Giants couldn't add talent to the linebacker position via free agency or the draft. From all accounts, Kiwanuka is having a tremendous off-season. The Giants' 2006 first-rounder is too savvy and skilled not to seriously help out.

LeRoy Hill: With the incredible talent the Seahawks have at linebacker, it is easy to forget about Hill. But don't let Julian Peterson and Lofa Tatupu overshadow the effectiveness of the third-year pro. Hill registered 7.5 sacks as a rookie out of Clemson. This past year, he was asked to cover more with the signing of Peterson. Hill talked to us about the move last week and said it took him a while to make the adjustment, but felt the second half of the season was a big success. It's that team-first attitude that helps makes Hill ready for a breakout season.

Chad Greenway: Remember him? The Vikings' first-round pick in 2006 shattered his knee last August and never played a down. He tells us he is over the injury and running faster than ever. Greenway had a great off-season program, leading teammate Darren Sharper to say you would have never even known he was hurt last year.

Reggie Brown: Sure, Brown helped your fantasy team with eight receiving touchdowns last year. This season, he will help out the Eagles even more in reality. The rapport between Brown and Donovan McNabb was really humming when the quarterback got hurt. In two seasons as a pro, Brown has totaled 43 and 46 catches respectively. He'll shatter those numbers this year. Book him for 75 receptions.

Re: Schein's nine breakout stars for 2007

works for me
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

If the offense is explosive next year, the key skill players will be McGahee and Demetrius Williams, at least in my opinion.

There is a lot of potential next year, Figurs might be able to see the field off and on in an offensive set. With the speed that kid has, he'll either take a corner out of the play or just run past everyone.

DWill is Spiderman!!!! Can go anywhere, and catch anything!!!! I believe he will be the Ravens BEST receiver yet! That's not necessarily saying much, but I believe he will change our offense!!!!:hammer:

I'm still pissed about us not getting Jason Peters. He came out the same year as Justin Smiley and that guard from Arkansas that plays for the Eagles. Peters was an undrafted FA for the Bills and I told everybody that he would be the best OLineman in the draft. Of course, the Ravens never listen to me.

Jerks.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I'm with ya Darb on Peters.

Usually...usually, big TE's wind up being ok/good OT's because of thier athleticism...the drawback is usually they are smaller.

But Peters was like 315 at TE coming out of college...I certainly thought he had a good chance to develop.