Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone else have the feeling we'll see Terry/Yanda soon?

Disclaimer: We're talking about this before training camp has even started. This is purely for fun and for the sake of talking.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this season we'll be seeing Terry at LT and Yanda at RT before long?

Accoring to Aaron Wilson, Krackalick is a disaster as a backup T. Right now, Ogden still seems to have a limp from his Toe issues. While I'd like to believe that between now and training camp Ogdens toe will magically be better, I just don't know.

I've had a recurring toe injury before and it didn't just go away. And I'm not a 350 lbs man with one, so I dont know.

At this point, I'm just really hoping that Yanda is the truth as a RT by the end of this year, because my gut says he'll be a RT a number of games before the year is over. I'm very confident in Terry at LT at this point.

But Ogden's toe, at this age, will he make it through the season? My heart hopes yes, but my mind says no.

Thoughts?

And before anyone gets crazy with any flaming responses, please remember the disclaimer written above.

Re: Anyone else have the feeling we'll see Terry/Yanda soon?

Yes and yes. Those two are penciled in for the future. This putting Terry at RT is motivated by the Ravens uncertainty in Yanda. He's a stud, but is he big enough for tackle? I think so, but the conservative Ravens coaches are not so sure. How nice that we have one more season of Jonathan 'Mt. Everest' Ogden to allow time for it to sort itself out.

Terry will (hopefully) be OK at RT for this year but his future is on the port side. This enigma should be clarified by mid-season at the latest.
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 06-12-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: ...
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Well we'll definitely be seeing Terry / Yanda in the future, but I'm concerned that its going to be the nearer future than we realize.

Ogden has missed games the past 2 seasons and is still seemingly recovering from the hyper extended toe (he had a limp in the NFL Network piece)

I could see terry at LT and Yanda at RT as a reality by midseason depending on Ogden's health. He's getting long in tooth now.

I would take a 50% hobbled JO - and I have no reason to think he's that bad off - paired with Terry over a 100% Terry paired with Yanda every time.

It's not even close. Terry/Yanda would be a loooong season, I hope it doesn't become necessary.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I would take a 50% hobbled JO - and I have no reason to think he's that bad off - paired with Terry over a 100% Terry paired with Yanda every time.

It's not even close. Terry/Yanda would be a loooong season, I hope it doesn't become necessary.

I'm not talking about preference, I'm talking about if JO's body can take it. I suspect he could be worn down more than we realize.

If JO can't go at all, presumably he would have retired, which we know he considered. It's not like he came back for the money, or because he's not smart enough to find something else to do when his body is shot.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If JO can't go at all, presumably he would have retired, which we know he considered. It's not like he came back for the money, or because he's not smart enough to find something else to do when his body is shot.
    Agreed. JO returning for 2007 = JO believing he will start 16 games + playoffs in 2007.

Hmmm.

Dave, weren't you of the belief that Ogden should just retire anyway? That this team would be just fine without him?

The team is well aware of Ogden's toe. Ogden has an awkward walking motion as it is anyway.

Why start a thread talking about injuries and how you don't think the guy is gonna make it through the season?

This is the NFL. Injuries can happen to rookies (see Cody) just as easily as vets.

Hell, you can pretty much name any player on this team that's missed games over the past few seasons. And many aren't long in the tooth at all.

PP

I think we'll be seeing Terry this year but at RT, not LT. Ogden will be fine. It seems he gave some serious thought about whether or not to come back, and since he decided to come back, I think he is comfortable with that decision. He's not the kind of guy who makes a decision by flipping a coin. And I'm sure he took his health into consideration. He'll be okay.

I don't even have an opinion about Yanda at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Hmmm.

Dave, weren't you of the belief that Ogden should just retire anyway? That this team would be just fine without him?

The team is well aware of Ogden's toe. Ogden has an awkward walking motion as it is anyway.

Why start a thread talking about injuries and how you don't think the guy is gonna make it through the season?

This is the NFL. Injuries can happen to rookies (see Cody) just as easily as vets.

Hell, you can pretty much name any player on this team that's missed games over the past few seasons. And many aren't long in the tooth at all.

PP

I actually thought of it because I woke up this morning an my own toe was killing me after playing softball for a company team.

I just wonder if Ogden will be really recovered this year or not, and whether or not Terry will see a significant ammount of time at LT. If it happened, I wouldn't be suprised, he's hasn't been 100% healthy for a season or two now. We'll see though.

"Accoring to Aaron Wilson, Krackalick is a disaster as a backup T."

He was a disaster last year too.
    He was getting beat like a drum by guys on other teams during the preseason that now do what I do for a living.

Personally, the only reason I think this dude is still around is because we have no other depth at this position.

That in itself scares the crap out of me!!

Yanda or no yanda, our depth at OT is brutal at best.

Most have said that Yanda isn't big enough to play tackle in the NFL, but these are the same type of people that said Ray Lewis was too small to play MLB in the NFL.

I'm basically hoping like hell that Ogden and Terry can stay healthy, cus if they don't......:grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Yanda and Terry kinda remind me of one another. Similar country boy look. I hope Yanda is a quicker learner
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens