Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ravens Going Black & White on Thursday Night

Don't care what color WE wear as long as the OTHER guys have lots of red spots and splashes all over THEIR uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by terpsrugby12 View Post
    no, the purple top black bottoms is the worse look we have gone with BY FAR
    agree

black top/white trous my fave
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    How can you not like the black jersey??
    Way too common. More than half the league uses some form of a black jersey as either their primary or secondary uniform.

Give me the purple jerseys and black pants every time - it's one of the few truly distinctive and unique uniform color combos in the NFL, and it makes a certain statement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    BACK IN BLACK: The Ravens are going to wear their black jerseys and white pants on Thursday night. They are 5-0 under Harbaugh while donning the black jerseys and 3-0 all time wearing the Black/White combination.

We can't be 5-0 wearing the Black jerseys against. We lost last year wearing the Black Jerseys to Shittsburgh

I was mistaken we wore the Purple jerseys and Black pants
    Last edited by Brtnder81; 11-23-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Way too common. More than half the league uses some form of a black jersey as either their primary or secondary uniform.

Give me the purple jerseys and black pants every time - it's one of the few truly distinctive and unique uniform color combos in the NFL, and it makes a certain statement.
    I agree. I like the uniqueness of the purple jerseys and black pants. It also has a throwback feel since our inaugural home uniforms were similar. I just wish we had atleast one stripe on the black pants! lol

I hope superstition doesn't keep us from wearing those uniforms again, we lost to the Steelers last year when we wore them.

I like the black and white.

I detest the purple top and black bottoms.

Who cares as long as we GET a W in whatever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    We can't be 5-0 wearing the Black jerseys against. We lost last year wearing the Black Jerseys to Shittsburgh
    The Ravens lost to the Steelers while wearing the purple jersey black pants combo not black jerseys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    How can you not like the black jersey??
    I like em on the Jaguars; look exactly the same to me.

Ravens color is PURPLE

*note of irony that I had to choose Indigo ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I like the black and white.

I detest the purple top and black bottoms

Considering the fact the Ravens lost to the Steelers while wearing that combo I agree with you.

The black pants look like they are wearing spandex. If they actually had pads in the pants they would look more like football pants The all black is worn out and rarley seems to get us a win anyhow. Black jerseys and purple pants with some type of stripe would look the best as an alt.
    Last edited by mrfactoid; 11-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    That doesn't mean that the Ravens shouldn't change it up every now and then and wear them. Ravens are black, not purple.
    This. I honestly don't care; I prefer they mix it up, but if I had to choose a favorite uni combo it would be black top, white pants. I don't particularly care for the all blacks - it looks like they're about to break out into an interpretative dance at any moment, and I think purple tops with black pants is genuinely ugly, but still, I'm glad they put those combos into the rotation for a change of pace. I hate the idea of them only having two uniform combos, and it isn't like we could pull off a retro combo without just wearing old Colts uniforms, and I have a feeling NFL would take exception to that.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.