Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Purple Camouflage

Hey, when is the wedding?
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

mmmmm rum....

what? Were we talking about something else?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You guys drank me out of the banana rum and halfway through the coconut. That Cruzan stuff is top notch, I will get some more of it.

That wasn't me. If I recollect, it was Greg...and it was Pittsburgh(??) I can't recall the city exactly....but I definitely remember it was Greg.
    Nope, it was The Fanatic in Cincinnati. But he doesn't where camo, so then again I don't know who it was. But he got hell in Cincy coming back from a game there.

The camo stuff has been around since before 2000. Michael McCrary, in the summer of 2000 bought some at a fund raiser we had for his charity in Annapolis. I remember it clearly, he bought a hat. The reason is sticks out, the hat was $5 and he had to ask him mom for the money...this just after getting a $10 million signing bonus. He asked her for $5 and HE HAD TO EXPLAIN WHAT HE WANTED IT FOR! LOL, his parents are top notch people and so is he.

Looks like viking fans have the same Idea
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Ravens fans look good regardless of what they wear, as long is its the team colors. I think a lot of people wear them because they are cargo pants and have lots of pockets in them for cell phones, money, etc. I don't think you can make sweeping statements about people on game day, just because they wear camos or other gear.

I know I'm late, but I didn't realize there was a dress code to go to football games...

Who da hell cares if it's tacky or not???? Some folks have "football attire", they are going to a game to drink, hang out with friends and watch their favorite football team. Why the hell would you care if you are up-to-date with this season's fashions???

I swear, some of you folks kill me, if you don't like them don't wear them. People who do, however, feel like they show Ravens Pride, if you guys are Ravens fans why question that????
    Waiting for the next one!!!

I know I'm late, but I didn't realize there was a dress code to go to football games...
    Neither did a lot of other people and that seems to be why a lot of people responded to this.

I dont know if you were late or if you didn't read through this entirely but the basics of this thread was how did this fashion trend start. Nobody was questioning anyone ravens pride for wearing silly camo pants.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 06-26-2007 at 09:49 AM.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    What? Are kidding me. If you go to the games and are serious about going, you must wear them. .... and wearing camos is a must IMHO.
    That's just a silly statement.

So, if you don't wear the Camos, then you aren't a serious fan?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Personally, I think they look rediculous, but to each his own.

Won't knock someone for being a fan like me though...we are on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I dont know if you were late or if you didn't read through this entirely but the basics of this thread was how did this fashion trend start. Nobody was questioning anyone ravens pride for wearing silly camo pants.
    Read the enitre thread, know how it started, but the thread took a left turn somewhere. :)
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Wink Re: Purple Camouflage

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    but the thread took a left turn somewhere. :)
    Yeah, right!

How about in the very first post in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    IMO those that do wear them seem to be very rowdy and loud in the tailgating area or maybe it just gives the appearance of that.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).