Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Purple Camouflage

Ever since PSI/M&T opened its doors I have seen many fans wear these clothes during the season. what significance does this have to the fans and what does it have to do with the ravens? Is this a Maryland thing. For example you never see anyone else in our division walking around with NFL team fatigues. IMO those that do wear them seem to be very rowdy and loud in the tailgating area or maybe it just gives the appearance of that.

There isn't a ravens emblem/logo on it or anything yet there are swarms of people wearing it. Is this sold by the team. I usually see people selling these clothes by the UPS store across from lot J, so i don't think that its put out by the Ravens.

Do you wear these clothes and what do you think about them?

WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Re: Purple Camouflage

I wear those...those are my game day combat ready fatigues. I think they are unique to Ravens fandom. They bring out and complete my 'Crowdog' persona on game day....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

I love my cammo hat--would not be caught dead in the pants cause it would just be scary:bag:. I also have a shirt and jacket I love. Way I see it its the easiest way to get stuff into the stadium.
    The Bengals had those really creepy tiger striped pants.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Ever since PSI/M&T opened its doors I have seen many fans wear these clothes during the season. what significance does this have to the fans and what does it have to do with the ravens? Is this a Maryland thing. For example you never see anyone else in our division walking around with NFL team fatigues. IMO those that do wear them seem to be very rowdy and loud in the tailgating area or maybe it just gives the appearance of that.

There isn't a ravens emblem/logo on it or anything yet there are swarms of people wearing it. Is this sold by the team. I usually see people selling these clothes by the UPS store across from lot J, so i don't think that its put out by the Ravens.

No, I don't, wouldn't, can't wear them. .... TACKY!!!!... However, to each, his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    No, I don't, wouldn't, can't wear them. .... TACKY!!!!... However, to each, his own!
    What? Are kidding me. If you go to the games and are serious about going, you must wear them. That is the problem of why Bmore is not considered one of the top fan groups. We can not even wear our teams colors. You dont get more purple than that. I think it is extremely cool when you look at the "Sea Of Red" at KC, the "Black Hole" in Oak. I would love to see a day at our stadium when we are all color coordinated and all stand up on third down and scream. I think we are some of the best fans in certain circumstances, we get loud in certain cicumstances, we have a long way to go and wearing camos is a must IMHO.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    What? Are kidding me. If you go to the games and are serious about going, you must wear them. .... and wearing camos is a must IMHO.
    That's just a silly statement.

So, if you don't wear the Camos, then you aren't a serious fan?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Wink Re: Purple Camouflage

Good subject....

what significance does this have to the fans and what does it have to do with the ravens? Is this a Maryland thing.
    It has everything to do with the Ravens. It's a "Bawlmer" thing. Like "Hon", "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", and "downy oshun". Some of y'all Yankees describe such local traits as "quirky".

For example you never see anyone else in our division walking around with NFL team fatigues. IMO those that do wear them seem to be very rowdy and loud in the tailgating area or maybe it just gives the appearance of that.

There isn't a ravens emblem/logo on it or anything yet there are swarms of people wearing it.
    I have seen camos worn in other team colors at other stadiums, such as Atlanta. But in small numbers.

The "very rowdy and loud in the tailgating area" is a sweeping generalization which is incorrect. Yes, there are some rowdy and loud fans, just like there are fans in the tailgate areas who like to just drink & eat & quietly talk football. Even team members wear camo. The camo cult cuts across all lines.

A Ravens logo would be superfluous and would just add to the price. Every local fan knows the purple camos = Ravens.

Is this sold by the team. I usually see people selling these clothes by the UPS store across from lot J, so i don't think that its put out by the Ravens.
    They can be bought almost anywhere there are stands near the stadium. The best prices that I have seen are on Sharp Street across from Lot H.

I have camo hats, tee shirts, pants, handkerchiefs and shorts. Mostly well faded and worn since I bought them in the '99 and '00 seasons -- so it's time to restock!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Wear whatever makes you happy. I know other Ravens fans who refuse to wear anything purple, and some who won't wear anything football related.

We have come a long way since I was a teen, required to wear coat and tie to Colts games:

or maybe we wore coats & ties because we went directly from church, straight to Memorial Stadium for the 2 pm kick-offs!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Let me first say to each his/her own. With that said you couldnt pay me to wear any of that camo gear, i think it looks absolutely terrible. It reminds me of the nerdy kid in school that tried too hard but just couldnt get it right. But hey, what ever floats your boat.

Cammo clothes. WTF? Special Forces wannabee? Grownup G.I. Joes? And purple yet. What terrain does that blend in with? Maybe Mars, but as far as I am aware we haven't landed there yet. Mabe the D.O.D. suspects muslim terrorists on the Red Planet.

Closest parallel I can think of was the equally silly passion for leisure suits in the 1970s.

Purple is regal. It was the 'royal color in medieval Europe. Wear purple by all means-it will make you feel better and will make a statement to the rest of the league.

But...leave the camouflage to the pros to those who need it - like the Detroit police dept.

This message NOT sponsored by the Fashion Police.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

A bunch of people in my Roost (18) wear the camo pants. I don't because they're too hot in warm weather and I've got better cold weather gear. Its all either purple or black, so I am fan-color-coordinated. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

what significance does this have to the fans and what does it have to do with the ravens? Is this a Maryland thing

I don't have any of these type clothes but its OBVIOUS to most people that Raven's fans wear them. The significance to the team is that A LOT of people wear them at the same time, i.e. gameday. Its become a Raven thing. My question to you is, why is this so hard to understand?

12. Re: Purple Camouflage

I think they are horribly ugly but I also think they're a great show of team spirit. I'd wear a pair if I didn't already have a pair of Ravens pants that my ex-girlfriend helped me make. I wish I had a picture of them to share with y'all. I took an old pair of white cords and split the seams down each side (on the outside) and sewed in fabric featuring the Ravens logo and also different patches for colors on the MD state flag. You've gotta have some good game-day gear, ha.

I've never seen fans from another team wear the team-colored camos, but I'd be surprised if we're the only city wearing them. I also think it's unfair to categorically say people who wear these pants are more or less rowdy than anyone else.