Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wink Re: Purple Camouflage

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    One recommendation, lost the buttons in favor of a zipper. I had mine fixed at the cleaners.

I did something similar: cut the buttons and replaced them with a velcro strip. Very handy to use for cold winter games when I'm all bundled up.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Purple Camouflage

I have a pair and proudly wear them. From what I gather, it is definately a Baltimore thing.

My understanding after breifly researching this last year is that they were originally made for night camoflauge, and they have nothing to do with football or the Ravens. They are hunting pants, pure and simple.

That being said, I'm sure some genious from east of York Rd. decided it would be cool to purchase 1000 of them and sell them at games for $65.

They are about $40 in the sports apparell stores in Towsontown Center and White Marsh. And surprisingly comfortable I may add.

I think it looks good personally. It makes us look crazy. But you will notice that the purple color is slightly off from the the official Raven's purple.

I always liked them... Never had a pair... but always liked them.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I bet my wife didn't pay more than $10-15 for mine.

11 that makes a lot of sense. In the colder months I've actually seen tailgaters with the full hunters gear on. It is a culture shock for a NY city boy like myself to see all of these people with fatigues on that have absoultly nothing to do with the ravens.
    My question to you is, why is this so hard to understand?
    its not hard. T showed us a picture of people wearing Ties and suits at the game, things have changed since then. I get it. After all Its just a football game. However It is a little baffling when now a days(just) the people in Baltimore are wearing hunting clothes into a state of the art facility. I dont know....maybe I feel like Im little underdressed when I walk in to our staduim. Maybe I should be bringing a shotgun or a tree chair instead of my Ravens claw and Seat cusion.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

The camos took off after Tony Siragusa and (I think) the rest of the Ravens DL warmed up in them before the Tennessee playoff game in 2000. I think they existed before then, but not nearly as much.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It is a culture shock for a NY city boy like myself to see all of these people with fatigues on that have absoultly nothing to do with the ravens.

Its pretty obvious by your tone and assertions that it "has absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens" that you have an issue with it. Maybe you think its too redneck and you wish they weren't popular. My question would be, why do you care what other people wear?

Its pretty obvious by your tone and assertions that it "has absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens" that you have an issue with it.
    I dont have an issue. You seem to be making one though. I dont know if i ever said anything about being too redneck, in fact I know I didnt. So WTF are you driving at? Do I care if they are popular, maybe I am because of this thread but I dont wish they werent. I dont think Ive even stated whether i like them or not. Crow looks cool in them though, but wtf do i know.

My next question is why dont you get the fuck off my dick already and lets have a nice discussion?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I dont have an issue. You seem to be making one though. I dont know if i ever said anything about being too redneck, in fact I know I didnt. So WTF are you driving at? Do I care if they are popular, maybe I am because of this thread but I dont wish they werent. I dont think Ive even stated whether i like them or not. Crow looks cool in them though, but wtf do i know.

My next question is why dont you get the fuck off my dick already and lets have a nice discussion?
    You've said "in your opinion, those that wear them tend to be louder and more rowdy than others". You stated that it baffles you and that you might want to bring a shotgun and a hunting chair to the games. Sure, doesn't sound like someone who appreciates them. BUt I could be wrong, this may be some NY city boy's idea of complimentary. As for your little dick, I'll just leave that alone.

I love how an innocent thread gets people like maniac nuts. I'll try to fix this as best I can but It's truly alarming.

I saw some pictures of fans wearing the clothes and thought to myself how the hell did these fatigues get so popular in Baltimore and no where else. Then I decided to write a new post. that's it. Nothing more nothing less.

I mean What if everybody was wearing a snorkel outfit to the games? You wouldn't think why is everyone wearing a snorkel outfit when it has nothing to do with the NFL or the Baltimore ravens?

Now can you get off my dick, regardless of the size?

DId those pictures lead you to conclude that those fans were very rowdy and louder than the average fan? And please tell me the claw thing was a joke. You don't actually carry a claw to the game and then question those who wear camo pants do u?

DId those pictures lead you to conclude that those fans were very rowdy and louder than the average fan?
    yes and no. It did conjure up memories of some of the drunk ones I've seen while tailgating. for whatever reason they seem more drunk. But I could be wrong. It could be the attitude the clothes portray in my eyes.

And please tell me the claw thing was a joke. You don't actually carry a claw to the game and then question those who wear camo pants do u?
    At least the claw is sold in the staduim by the ravens. But no i dont have one but I thought the claw line was kind of funny. i thought everyone got that it was a joke. I'm just Sorry that I have to explain that it was suppose to be a joke.