Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo said...

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    You'd think with 13 men on defense, the Bengals would have scored a few less points.
    The Bengals have a good oline and receivers. The Bengals made plays but the Ravens made more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The Bengals have a good oline and receivers. The Bengals made plays but the Ravens made more.
    as its been said...it was a feast or famine type day for the defense. luckily the 3 interceptions were too much for the bengals to overcome.

After he caught it and "tucked" it I was yelling at the screen "HOLD ON TO THE....ohhh shit....."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    After he caught it and "tucked" it I was yelling at the screen "HOLD ON TO THE....ohhh shit....."
    Me too. He was holding it like a loaf of bread. I'm sure the coaches will make him walk around with a ball in practice or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There is a reason why Ayanbadejo is 35 and still in the league... bc
    Good point. Is god to see him get more than just the Special teams snaps though.

Blog Entries

Did Ed Reed fumble his first interception?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

7. Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo said...

The replay showed that the ball seemed to end up right under the ref's back in the pile, so maybe the ref was the reason a Bengal hadn't locked the ball up before #51 snatched it away.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Flash back to Ed Reed's first TD (that wasn't) off a pick in 2002 against the Bengals here...same play, but we got the ball back this time.

Except that Reed was showboating with the ball one-handed in the air around the 5 yard-line, when a pissed off Bengal player whacked it out of his hand for a touchback. Jimmy Smith was just not clutching the ball in a sufficiently secure manner, but was not showboating like Reed.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I think Jimmy's learned his lesson--fortunately it didn't hurt the team. Next time he'll tuck the ball away & run it back along the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    "I was running behind Jimmy because I knew he was going to fumble!: Classic! this guy is very underrated and gets more meaningful minutes at LB then years past. I hope Jimmy tucks it away better in the future.
    Attention Raven rooks (and perennial rooks like D. Reed). The football is not a loaf of bread!

I thought Ayanbadejo would deliver some big snaps in Ray's absence. I've always wondered how "dynamic" things are in fumble scrums. The Rave TV review had #51 as the 7th man into the pile! Shall we designate him to tail Ed Reed's returns?

Same Rave TV show ( 1 Winning Drive?) had him shooting the shit w/ OJ Brigance, goofing on OJ cause his ALS vocalizing equipment "sounds like a white guy - I'm not used to it" Then he says before games he wants to find and touch OJ and ask him "If he [Brendon] could ever be as strong on the field as OJ is in his chair." Veterans like that are pure locker room gold

I don't think I'll every understand players at the NFL level holding the ball like a loaf of bread. I'd have to think coaches teach ball securty from little league to college.