Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Does anyone have any ideas on how the Ravens can successfully defend Jermaine Gresham?

Could they try putting Jimmy Smith on Gresham? Could they try putting Williams on Gresham and leaving Smith on the outside with Webb? Could they have a safety baring down on Gresham at all times?

By the way, how is Tom Zbikowski doing these days?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Does anyone have any ideas on how the Ravens can successfully defend Jermaine Gresham?

By getting the pass rush back up to par.

Re: Does anyone have any ideas on how the Ravens can successfully defend Jermaine Gresham?

Well the Ravens have been solid against TE's for a while now, in fact can anyone think of the last time any TE had a good/great game against the D? Of course now that Ray is (maybe) out that might change.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can get in Dalton's face I don't care who he's trying to throw to.

This is the type of game where Ed Reed needs to be able to exploit a young QB trying to force some throws.

Pagano HAS to get the pass rush going.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: Does anyone have any ideas on how the Ravens can successfully defend Jermaine Gresham?

It would be great if the defense could treat Dalton the same way they treat Sanchez. Just really rough looking stuff. Especially when he's a fire crotch division foe making his first ever trip to Baltimore. Just find a way to throw this kid a beating.

If Flacco and the air show don't get their high flyig offense going I think Marvin will try and run Benson 30 times, and maybe get his version of Marshawn Lynch. Marvin won't play around. He'll take a win any way he can get it, so there is no point in trying to throw it all over the Ravens without their best receiver. Caldwell, Simpson, and especially Gresham have some ability, but Marvin doesn't need to play that way to win.

If they do want to throw maybe Pollard is the best one to try and jam him at the line within the five yards. Hopefully five Ravens will be going after Dalton.

By not letting him get open.
    90% of the game is half mental

Coaches said Jimmy was going to have an expanded role this week, and I will bet that involves Gresham. With the way our corners are playing outside, I don't see any other role that he could fit into right now except covering a matchup problem at TE. And he isn't the right fit for nickle CB.

The plan was to take Webb, who is ideal for nickleback, and put him inside when Smith was healthy. But now it is like how can you switch when he is playing so well? Good problem to have, a bunch of talent and tough finding a place for them.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 11-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Coaches said Jimmy was going to have an expanded role this week, and I will bet that involves Gresham. With the way our corners are playing outside, I don't see any other role that he could fit into right now except covering a matchup problem at TE. And he isn't the right fit for nickle CB.

The plan was to take Webb, who is ideal for nickleback, and put him inside when Smith was healthy. But now it is like how can you switch when he is playing so well? Good problem to have, a bunch of talent and tough finding a place for them.
    Rhetorical Question : Why not take a #1 draft choice, and use him Special Teams? Great way to set his career back a year (just like Webb). Scouting staff spends months to sort out who could be our pick @ #26, then Ozzie makes the decision, then he gets hurt on ST? Great use of a 6' 2" (210 lbs) McAlister clone... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the Ravens can get in Dalton's face I don't care who he's trying to throw to.

This is the type of game where Ed Reed needs to be able to exploit a young QB trying to force some throws.

Pagano HAS to get the pass rush going.
    Ditto bud..

Pass Rush neutralizes everything. Tight ends haven't really been our killer this season. But Gresham is nice no doubt.

Pass Rush has to get back up to where it was.

10. Re: Does anyone have any ideas on how the Ravens can successfully defend Jermaine Gresham?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rhetorical Question : Why not take a #1 draft choice, and use him Special Teams? Great way to set his career back a year (just like Webb). Scouting staff spends months to sort out who could be our pick @ #26, then Ozzie makes the decision, then he gets hurt on ST? Great use of a 6' 2" (210 lbs) McAlister clone... Bc
    Lmao okay BC We hear ya..

I dont think they should put Smith in special teams if he's getting time on defense, but if he isn't playing on defense.. eehh why not.. If injuries happen, they happen.

But i'm with you now, that Smith is getting time on D, same goes with Webb.... No special teams for those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

I'm not opposed to trying some sort of gimmick dime defense with Smith on Gresham, but I don't think that is what will happen.

I am betting we'll see Smith on the outside with Webb on the slot in nickel which means Smith gets Carr's snaps.

Other than Wes Welker, I can't think of a slot receiver where it would be worth it to have Smith inside. If the Ravens face the Pats in the playoffs, that's exactly the matchup I'd love to see.

Blog Entries
    He is gonna get his catches so tackling is key. Come on mcclain

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!