Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ravenspower View Post
    Im just stating my opinion. We went from ground and pound the last couple of season to Joe throwing 50+ passes per game this year. Rice overall this year does not have that many carries. Ricky Williams does not have many carries and Leach does not have the many pankcake blocks. They dont get use.
    To me, this is the biggest head scratcher and the one I have the biggest problem with.

I'm all for Joe slinging it around, but why go out and spend the money like they did for a full back like Vonta Leach and then not really use him like he's meant to be used? I don't get that. Sure, he's got decent hands for a big guy and he can really punish would-be tacklers, but he was brought here to open up holes.

Hell, even Cam earlier this season said he liked Leach because he's a fullback who wants to play fullback, which was an obvious slight against Le'Ron McClain who was interested in being a RB more than a FB.

Haha, I mean they could have brought in Henry Hynoski or Larence Vickers. Vickers signed a 2 year, 3 million dollar contract in Houston and he's a very good run blocking FB as well. Leach signed a 3 year, 11 million dollar deal. Leach is also almost 3 years older than Vickers.

I'm just saying, this seems like such a waste. There is no way that Bisciotti and Ozzie are please about spending almost 4 million per year on a power blocking FB who isn't being used like a power blocking FB consistently at all. What's even more humorous is that I bet you could argue that by the end of the year Leach will have touched the ball more than McClain did all of last year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

2. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Two. Per Joe Flacco, in the same press conference you're mocking him for. He said they probably had "about 2" plays where a run and a pass were both called in the huddle, and the pass play was chosen at the LOS. We have no reason to doubt he's telling the truth.

Joe was very careful to immediately correct the reporter that he did not technically "change" the play--he called an "alert," which is a basic part of any NFL offense. Two plays called in the huddle, if the defense clearly takes one of them away, alert to the other. That's the NFL. And the defense had 8 or 9 in the box all day taking away the run and not respecting the deep and intermediate pass.

If you want to fault anything, you shouldn't be calling a slant play into a stacked box anyway. You have to challenge the defense deep and the Ravens failed to do that. That's on Joe (inaccuracy), Cam (playcalling), and Smith (bad routes).

I know there are "anonymous sources" running around saying Joe is constantly audibling to pass plays from run formations, I don't think that's really true.

And Joe's press conference was fine. When you're asked stupid, insulting questions like, "Do you take it personally when people question the run pass ratio?" You're going to get stupid, insulting answers.

I've hear ya, he can do no wrong, i've heard WAAAY worse questioned than that asked, with way more respectful and professional answers. that's not even that bad a question

He said might btw... Just saying.

But hey like i said, The whole offense has been just entirely pitiful this season, and it comes in spots which is even more frustrating, because we've seen brilliance.

But people have a tendency to blame EVERYTHING on the coordinator. Its the freaking players out there playing.

Cam, Joe, Quan, Torrey Smith. The obvious lack of chemistry between Joe and every reciever not named Boldin. All those guys deserve the blame for this offense, The oline everyone.

Not just freaking Cam. Releasing him wont cure the offense overnight.

3. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ravenspower View Post
    Yea but he is calling plays within cam system. The same formations and the same patterns. It does not matter if Joe checks out of the run to pass he is stilling calling a play from cam's playbook. I just dont like it.
    That playbook for the record is one of the most potent in NFL History, and created one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL not to win a superbowl.

The year when LT was amazing. Just saying

4. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

And for the record Wicked. We're cool, i'm not trying to be a douche reading back on my posts i sorta come off like that.

But to me it seems you're always falling in to defend Joe Cool. Even when honestly he doesn't need defending. Then turn around and say you're not defending him a lot. That's what it seems like to me i could be wrong but i've read a lot of posts on this board.

But then again its a message board all opinions are welcomed whether they are liked or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Lmao.. you never fail to disapoint wicked.

Fact is he was rude to the reporters, but surely you have an excuse for him. All good. He's a professional, we have cliche answers for a reason, like you said, you shouldn't let people get to you like that. So much for the "unflappable joe flacco"

I have no problem with you hating on Cam honestly, i think he's done a shitty job this season.

but so has Joe, so has EVERYONE on the offense.

But you focus on Cam, and how he has to go. You say 1 sentence about joe's bad performanceS(capitalized the S for a reason). Then you move on. Fact is you will defend Joe, and you just did again, about an interview nonetheless lol. No one is mocking you, but it is a fact this is a message board, you can have your favorites, and its obvious who yours is.

And please don't point me to that one sentence you made a month ago about how Flacco threw a bad pass or had a bad game. Like i said i dont care. Its all funny to me, the way he has to be defended, even when he is being a jerk to a reporter just doing his Job. Same people will say 2 seconds later that they aren't Flacco apologists. Riiiight.
    I think I'm a "Flacco apologist" because I'm more of a "Player Apologist" than anything. Honestly, I don't even think the term apologist is correct. Posters on here try to use it as a slant against someone else because their view point differs.

For example, I could call you a Flacco Hater. Or, a Cam apologist. Or, I could even go way back to the Sunspot days and call you a "dreadlock apologist". :)

What difference does it make?

Why does offering a counter point to someone else's point have to be dubbed with some sort of negative connotation? I don't get that.

Flacco has been wildly inconsistent this year. I've stated that several times whether you want to acknowledge it or not. He missed far too many throws against Seattle. There was a crossing pattern by Pitta where he had a step or two on the guy covering him and Flacco just put it out in front of him too far. Those are high percentage throws that he has to make.

Like you stated earlier - it's not so black and white. Meaning, it's not all on Flacco and it has never been all on Flacco. The OL has been putrid this year with Grubbs out, Oher being the most penalized OL'man in the league (maybe even most penalized player), McKinnie has been up and down, Birk gets pushed around and abused by bigger DT's, and when Gurode was in there it was awful. I swear I was watching Oniel Cousins in a different jersey. The receivers have been dropping far too many passes that could be caught. The receivers are also not getting open consistently. It's a major problem.

When there are this many little issues going on that is where the coach is supposed to step up and find ways to combat them, game plan for them, and work around them. Cam hasn't been doing that. That is why most of the offensive woes need to be on Cam. He's the coach. Not Flacco. Not Rice.

6. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, this is the biggest head scratcher and the one I have the biggest problem with.

I'm all for Joe slinging it around, but why go out and spend the money like they did for a full back like Vonta Leach and then not really use him like he's meant to be used? I don't get that. Sure, he's got decent hands for a big guy and he can really punish would-be tacklers, but he was brought here to open up holes.

Hell, even Cam earlier this season said he liked Leach because he's a fullback who wants to play fullback, which was an obvious slight against Le'Ron McClain who was interested in being a RB more than a FB.

Haha, I mean they could have brought in Henry Hynoski or Larence Vickers. Vickers signed a 2 year, 3 million dollar contract in Houston and he's a very good run blocking FB as well. Leach signed a 3 year, 11 million dollar deal. Leach is also almost 3 years older than Vickers.

I'm just saying, this seems like such a waste. There is no way that Bisciotti and Ozzie are please about spending almost 4 million per year on a power blocking FB who isn't being used like a power blocking FB consistently at all. What's even more humorous is that I bet you could argue that by the end of the year Leach will have touched the ball more than McClain did all of last year.
    That blows my mind as well.

Leach has been an absolute monster this year, and the fact that Cam insists on taking him off the field as much as he does, is definitely a demerit. You dont do that to the best Fullback in the NFL. Keep your best players on the field. Taking him out for LaQuan Williams is just stupid.

I think I'm a "Flacco apologist" because I'm more of a "Player Apologist" than anything. Honestly, I don't even think the term apologist is correct. Posters on here try to use it as a slant against someone else because their view point differs.

For example, I could call you a Flacco Hater. Or, a Cam apologist. Or, I could even go way back to the Sunspot days and call you a "dreadlock apologist". :)

Why does offering a counter point to someone else's point have to be dubbed with some sort of negative connotation? I don't get that.

Flacco has been wildly inconsistent this year. I've stated that several times whether you want to acknowledge it or not. He missed far too many throws against Seattle. There was a crossing pattern by Pitta where he had a step or two on the guy covering him and Flacco just put it out in front of him too far. Those are high percentage throws that he has to make.

Like you stated earlier - it's not so black and white. Meaning, it's not all on Flacco and it has never been all on Flacco. The OL has been putrid this year with Grubbs out, Oher being the most penalized OL'man in the league (maybe even most penalized player), McKinnie has been up and down, Birk gets pushed around and abused by bigger DT's, and when Gurode was in there it was awful. I swear I was watching Oniel Cousins in a different jersey. The receivers have been dropping far too many passes that could be caught. The receivers are also not getting open consistently. It's a major problem.

When there are this many little issues going on that is where the coach is supposed to step up and find ways to combat them, game plan for them, and work around them. Cam hasn't been doing that. That is why most of the offensive woes need to be on Cam. He's the coach. Not Flacco. Not Rice.
    :word

It is true that some of these passing plays were originally run plays, but how many times has Cam said that he regrets not doing this, that no one feels worse than him, and no one wants to win more than him blah blah. He makes these comments and continues to be inconsistent with his game plans.

I understand it's not all on him and we the fans don't know the whole story, but he and Harbaugh's post-game "coach speak" gets lame. Atleast in my opinion.

9. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Point taken.

I just feel that if you wanna spread blame, and to be fair its not just Flacco you defend damn near everyone so, its not just a Flacco thing. If you wanna spread blame i feel there is enough blame to go around, and Frankly putting all the blame on Cam is just wrong.

The thing is... I just cant get the Image of i think it was the 05 or 06 chargers out of my head. That offense was Magic. The years before he got the HC Job at Miami.

Cam is maybe top 10 most proven Offensive coordinators currently in the NFL, and for people who know nothing about how being a coordinator in the NFL works to sit there and say, well basically he's the sole reason for the offense not working, lets fire him and everything will be better??

Really??? how short a memory do you people have?? Hell even in 08, 09 and some of 2010 Cam was the best thing to happen to this team. Lmao amazing how things change overnight.

I just really really dislike overzealous kneejerk fans. But i see your point and i know where you are coming from.

Cam isn't the sole reason for this offense's woes. Releasing him wont change a thing. The whole offense has been bad. Period.

Blog Entries

Plenty of missed passes by Flacco, dropped passes by receivers, etc.

But the bottom line of that game was turnovers in the shadow of the goal post. They lose the turnover battle again this week they probably lose the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    That playbook for the record is one of the most potent in NFL History, and created one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL not to win a superbowl.

The year when LT was amazing. Just saying
    Don't you think that was more of a result of LT being one of the best RB's to ever play the game though?

I mean, the 97 Lions had Sylvester Croom as their offensive coordinator...where is he now? (This was the year Barry Sanders went over 2000 yards).

Many thought that Josh McDaniels was the next great offensive mind for the things he did in New England. How did that work out in Denver? How is it working out in St. Louis right now? Maybe McDaniel's success in New England was more of a product of coaching arguably the greatest QB in the last 10-12 years.

12. Re: Cam Doesnt Care About Ray Rice

Sports Illustrated named Cameron its Offensive Assistant of the Year. In 2005, the Chargers averaged 26.1 points per game - good for fifth in the NFL in that category. In 2006, the Chargers offense amassed a team-record 494 points
    There are few Coordinators as Proven as Cameron. I think this has been his worst season of his career. But you could say the same thing for everyone on the offense not named Boldin, or Rice.

This for sure has been one of Flacco's worst season as well. That said we're all fans, not NFL coaches, its all opinions. I think we should eat eggs for dinner... That opinion is just as valid as saying, we need a new coordinator. Forums are for level headed/irrational/rational/hot tempered/ anyone, and no matter your personality to voice their opinions...... But that said, come on thinking that firing Cam will cure the offense overnight, by some Magical way is not only naive but its greatly illogical.