Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A Crazy Offensive Line Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Terry is not and will not ever be a RT
    Then he will never play any significant time for the Ravens and he will go down as a bust if he isn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    Then he will never play any significant time for the Ravens and he will go down as a bust if he isn't already.
    Wrong, he is and always has been Ogden's heir apparent, taken earlier than perhaps necessary but he's getting plenty of time to learn and will never be in a position to ask for mega bucks if his contract comes up before the end of Ogden's career.

Until something, anything is done about Flynn in the middle all other changes won't help much IMO. As far as Ogden not wanting to play RT he's under contract he should play wherever the hell the coaching staff wants him. I'm sick of prima donna players running things, why do we even need a FO or coaching staff if the spoiled children are going to call the shots.

There might be something that can eventually be done this season to improve the OL, but (1) it's not likely at all to happen in the next week, and (2) it's not likely at all to involve Ogden moving to RT or Terry playing at RT.

And as has already been noted by a couple of people in this thread, this scenario would still leave Flynn at C. He is at least as big a problem as Pashos at RT.

I'd like to see Brown and Chester get some playing time, but the fact that a lot of us think they would be immediate impact players just demonstrates how desperate we are to make changes to the OL.

Blog Entries

Several sources have already said Ogden will retire a LT. If we went to move him to RT, he'd simply hang up the cleats.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Well, maybe that's the way it should be then. The team is the only thing that matters and if Ogden moving would be best for the team then that's what should happen. If he wants to take his ball and go home so be it. He's a great player but he's not bigger than the team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Well, maybe that's the way it should be then. The team is the only thing that matters and if Ogden moving would be best for the team then that's what should happen. If he wants to take his ball and go home so be it. He's a great player but he's not bigger than the team IMO.
    I agree 100%. I said this last year after hearing that JO had been quoted as saying he will retire before moving to RT. I think part of his statement is misunderstood since I believe he thinks that a move to RT will mean his skills are diminishing. And that he would rather retire than hang on too long.

However, in this case the move is not due to his diminishing skills, but to to a lack of ability of the other LT on the team. I am tired of JOs on field anger displays. If he would move to the right the O-line would improve and we wouldn't be floundering on offence so much.

This year it has become obvious that it is the O-lines fault (almost entirely). For years excuses have been made due to 1.) a lack of tallented receivers {we have Mason, Clayton, and Heap} 2.) a lack of a viable QB {we have McNair now} and 3.) injuries or lack of a good running back {Lewis is healthy and we have Anderson and Musa}. The excuses stop now. This O-line is and has been for 9 years now JO and 4 TURDS!

If I were McNair or Ray Lewis I would have pulled the entire O-line after the game and said "You almost blew it for us today. Do you honestly plan to pick up your paycheck this week?" :grbac:
    Section 106 from start to finish!

In my initial post, I acknowledge that this was completely against the conventional wisdom

I think, however, that we have all the pieces EXCEPT for the line to make a serious run with some of those pieces coming together far better than expected; e.g., the safety position.

If we don't do something unconventional with the line and DO SOMETHING we won't be able to go the distance.

Maybe another alternative is a trade, but I don't know if there are really any serious options.

"JO and 4 TURDS!"

I loved that! Had me sitting at the edge of my seat. Did you see "Jonathan and the Chamber of Fire?" That was even better. Those young actors are amazing.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM