Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bengals D has Flacco's number

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    i don't care what the stats say, flacco was just bad on sunday.
    Nah, that "bad" title belongs to special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Ravens win this game if two things occurr. They must win the turnover battle. I read somewhere that the ravens have turned the ball over at least 3 times in their last 8 games against the Bengals. I was floored when I read that. Hopefully someone could substantiate that.
    In the Marvin Lewis era, the Ravens have turned the ball over 37 times in 16 games (more that 2x per game) against the Bengals. Over that span, they are 6-10 against Cincinnati.

I always chuckle when I hear Ravens fans at the beginning of the year chaulk up 2 "automatic" wins versus the "Bungles". The fact of the matter is that they have had the upper hand in the last 8 years and they always play the Ravens tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    ....and they usually get good pressure with their front 4.....
    That to me was the big difference in the losses over the last 2 years. The Bengals were able to harrass and sack Flacco rushing their base 4 D-lineman. Even a great QB would struggle throwing into max coverage while being pressured.

Blog Entries

Let's see them without Joseph and Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Nah, that "bad" title belongs to special teams.
    No. Special teams were awful. Joe was bad. The two are independent of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A listener called into Movin' the Chains yesterday and said Flacco seems to struggle against 4-3 and/or cover2. Pat Kirwan said it has nothing to do with the scheme, it's when teams play man press that the Ravens offense has struggled this year.

I'm gonna go back on some of the tape from the losses (I deleted Jax) but thought this was an interesting angle.
    I believe that too and the Jax games is the best example
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    That to me was the big difference in the losses over the last 2 years. The Bengals were able to harrass and sack Flacco rushing their base 4 D-lineman. Even a great QB would struggle throwing into max coverage while being pressured.
    Exactly. Everyone needs to stop thinking about the schemes, because it's not, and never has been that. Tons of teams(most every) run the Cover 2, and we were fine against them. It is, and always has been, that the Bengals generate a huge pass rush against us with their front 4. A great example of this was back in 07, when McNair got pummelled into submission and we couldn't generate any offense. Come to think of it, the game we lost to them in 06, it was the same thing.

Now with their secondary weaker, if the o-line can give Joe time, he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Explain, in detail, how he played like shit.

29-52 for 255 yards with a TD and an INT.

That's a 55% completion rate and an 8.8 yard per completion average. Not a great day, but not terrible. Someone pointed out on another thread that the Ravens only punted twice. That means, forgive me if my math isn't quite up to snuff, that Flacco led us to scores on all but four drives. Two punts, one INT and one failed fourth down attempt.

Damn, the virus is spreading.:grbac:
    It seems like some posters have a personal "agenda" (Flacco sucks is one such agenda) and spend more time figuring out ways to "prove" their point of view instead of looking at the facts and forming a reasonable opinion. It seems bass-akward to me.

I don't think he had a great day either but I certainly wouldn't say, of his overall performance, that he played like "shit". He had some plays where he looked like shit but so does just about every QB in every game.

I was in my dentists office this morning and he said "You know there's just an abundance of over analysis these days. All Flacco does is win games and take us to the playoffs. Everybody wants an Aaron Rogers but there aren't that many to go around."

I couldnt' agree more.

BTW, my dentist played for the Baltimore Colts in the late 60's and early 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    It seems like some posters have a personal "agenda" (Flacco sucks is one such agenda) and spend more time figuring out ways to "prove" their point of view instead of looking at the facts and forming a reasonable opinion. It seems bass-akward to me.

I don't think he had a great day either but I certainly wouldn't say, of his overall performance, that he played like "shit". He had some plays where he looked like shit but so does just about every QB in every game.

I was in my dentists office this morning and he said "You know there's just an abundance of over analysis these days. All Flacco does is win games and take us to the playoffs. Everybody wants an Aaron Rogers but there aren't that many to go around."

I couldnt' agree more.

BTW, my dentist played for the Baltimore Colts in the late 60's and early 70's.
    Say hello to Sam for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Say hello to Sam for me!
    :D

11. Re: Bengals D has Flacco's number

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I don't think the Bengals have the personel to do man coverage against our receivers. Well I hope not anyway. Teams have found that our receivers struggle to get open against man coverage, especially if it's right off of the line(really seems to negate quick slants and across the middle cuts).

In the past though, the real problem against the Bengals had little to do with their scheme, but more that their front four was generating a tremendous amount of pressure(combined with the receivers not getting open because they could generate the pressure without blitzing).
    That, therein, lies the problem this weekend. The Bengals DL is the better now than it ever has been during the ML era. They were able to sack Rottenburger 5 times with 13 hits WITHOUT their best pass rusher (Dunlap)...and he'll be back for the Ravens. Oher needs to bring his "A" game or JF is going to get mauled.

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow

LOL