Page 9 of 324 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

I see Kruger as a replacement for JJ, which means he's probably going to be asked to do more than just rush the passer.

McPhee is awesome. Talk about a steal. He can play every spot on the DL, seriously. I mean, Suggs was having trouble all day getting around Whitworth (who is one of the top rated LT's in the game) and McPhee absolutely burnt him with his quickness.

I just think that this defense still needs that elite speed rusher from the edge. They don't have it yet and banking on Kindle and a UDFA (McAdoo) isn't the best idea.

If a guy like Courtney Upshaw drops to the Ravens in round 1, I think they'd have a real hard time passing on him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

2. Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I see Kruger as a replacement for JJ, which means he's probably going to be asked to do more than just rush the passer.

McPhee is awesome. Talk about a steal. He can play every spot on the DL, seriously. I mean, Suggs was having trouble all day getting around Whitworth (who is one of the top rated LT's in the game) and McPhee absolutely burnt him with his quickness.

I just think that this defense still needs that elite speed rusher from the edge. They don't have it yet and banking on Kindle and a UDFA (McAdoo) isn't the best idea.

If a guy like Courtney Upshaw drops to the Ravens in round 1, I think they'd have a real hard time passing on him.
    Wicked, could you see the Ravens sliding JJ to the Will LB next year (or even this yr) w/ depth issues they have?

I like the idea of another pass rusher, but I'm really hoping the Ravens get themselves some additional offensive help. An elite Center would go along way for this team. Also a Left Tackle would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I'm watching the BC, Notre dame game..

Wow Kuechley is, just wow Lol I feel like i'm watching a White young Ray Lewis, its incredible... I'd never really watched BC games before, just wow, And Mike Mayock is all over this guy. Calling him one of the best Linebackers he's ever seen. He isn't disappointing. I would suggest anyone who has free time to switch to NBC and watch the rest of this game.... Its at halftime The dude is ridiculous.

Te'o makes less of an impression, but he's made a few nice plays.
    I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed I remember him playing against Notre Dame as a freshman two years ago and he has some insanely stupid tackle total (like 19 or 21 or something in that neighborhood) and I instantly perked up to him as a player. I've tried to make an effort to watch every Boston College game I can in the time since. What you saw Saturday is the norm from him. He plays that way EVERY game.

I don't care what the cost....I would trade up to get him. We racked up some picks in day 3 to add depth. I think you take a swing at greatness when you can and Kuechley is certainly great. If he's still there at pick 12,13,14,15 and we don't make a move to get him, I'd be mildly pissed. He's a starter from day one and we wouldn't have to worry about our MLB position for years to come.

That play he made on the hook-and-lateral play by ND was one of the most eye-popping defensive plays I've ever seen. It's up there with Ray Lewis's sideline track down in the 01 Super Bowl and Reed's Kolb interception against Philly in 08.

Yea, like you said, this is a weak class for safeties.

I like Brandon Taylor out of LSU and Tony Dye out of UCLA.

I'd be interested in Kenny Tate out of Maryland too.
    What's the word on Tate's draft stock? Where is he projected....?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO WR is low on the Ravens priority list. After all, we still have the solid vet in Boldin, and young/promising WRs like T. Smith, LaQuan WMS, and even Doss. Add them to receiving threats like Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta. No, I'd rather go for LT, Center, OG (if Grubbs leaves), and perhaps especially MLB/ILB (Ray is old and McClain/Ellerbe haven't shown a lot of improvement)... Bc
    Agreed.

Much more pressing needs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    What's the word on Tate's draft stock? Where is he projected....?
    Well,

Maryland isn't doing him any favors by having him play OLB, ILB, and SS...

However, someone above posted that he's applying for a redshirt year since he was injured so early this season and hasn't been able to play at all. He'll likely get it, which means he'll play his final year at Maryland next year.

That said, I think he would have been a solid 3rd round grade as a SS. He's got great size and speed (6'4" 225lbs). Even though he's a bigger guy, he's pretty good in coverage too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed I remember him playing against Notre Dame as a freshman two years ago and he has some insanely stupid tackle total (like 19 or 21 or something in that neighborhood) and I instantly perked up to him as a player. I've tried to make an effort to watch every Boston College game I can in the time since. What you saw Saturday is the norm from him. He plays that way EVERY game.

I don't care what the cost....I would trade up to get him. We racked up some picks in day 3 to add depth. I think you take a swing at greatness when you can and Kuechley is certainly great. If he's still there at pick 12,13,14,15 and we don't make a move to get him, I'd be mildly pissed. He's a starter from day one and we wouldn't have to worry about our MLB position for years to come.

That play he made on the hook-and-lateral play by ND was one of the most eye-popping defensive plays I've ever seen. It's up there with Ray Lewis's sideline track down in the 01 Super Bowl and Reed's Kolb interception against Philly in 08.
    I'd love to see them trade up for a guy like Kuechly.

We all know that won't happen though unless Kuechly drops within a few picks of where the Ravens are.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I think I'm re-evaluating what the Ravens really need.

Assuming McKinnie sticks for another year and they re-sign Grubbs I think that the Ravens STILL need a pass rusher because Suggs has been non-existant the past couple of weeks. He's a hell of a player, but the Ravens cannot rely on just 1 guy to consistently get to the QB. Most great D's have at least 2 guys who can #1 start and #2 get to the QB.

I think Kruger and McPhee are doing a hell of a job, but I still think this front 7 needs another elite pass rusher. That could be Kindle I guess, but it's been 2 years since he's really played.
    Sorry, cannot agree here. Ozzie's "best player available" aside, our OLine needs to be bolstered. Birk is likely gone, Gurode is ageing, and we can't depend on McKinnie for more than another season. All things being equal, I'd draft LT, Center, even ILB before another pass-rusher... Bc

Whoever gets Kuechley will have an immediate starter in the middle. He is seriously good. Not sure he will last long in the draft. Defense is a premium in the league . . . so many teams absolutely suck at it . . . .

Way to early, but they do need a ILB in the early rounds. Unless, they go FA route. Gurode or possibly Birk will be back at C. Wouldn't be shocked if they went OL, in the first but doubt it.

Blog Entries

Just would like to add that with the Ravens picking so far down in the 1st round, perhaps Safety would be a consideration (?) ... Bc

I am not at all saying we need a new QB or anything, but I was really impressed with RGIII vs Oklahoma. He is a fantastic passer with scat back type agility and speed.
    I could see him as an ideal backup/ developmental guy with a pretty high upside.

The ILB battle between ND and BC, IMO was not all that impressive. Both guys will play in the NFL, but neither one looked like a future star to me.

:T2: