Page 53 of 324 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't know if that will ruin him or not. He fits the mold. I think if a 3-4 coordinator like Pagano or Wade Phillips gets ahold of him he'll do just fine.

He's a friggin monster either way.
    What makes Brockers so interesting is that he can twist his body and go between interior offensive lineman. Put him on the outside and he's nothing special because he doesn't have a great first step. I can see some team though looking at his body shape and thinking he's an outside guy.

Very tough to judge LSU defensive lineman in the NFL in recent years. Glenn Dorsey was the best I had ever seen. Everything was built off of him. Still can't believe that's all gone in the NFL. Before him it was Marcus Spears, Kyle Willians, Claude Wroten, Booger McFarland and the first guy I really saw Henry Thomas.

All those guys were amazing prospects but it certainly didn't translate for all of them. This time I am taking more of a wait and see because it will take the right coaches to know how to use Brockers and my money is on someone screwing it up.

2. Re: Draft Prospects

I don't know if that will ruin him or not. He fits the mold. I think if a 3-4 coordinator like Pagano or Wade Phillips gets ahold of him he'll do just fine.

He's a friggin monster either way.
    Hey Wicked,

What are your thoughts on Burfict? I know Kiper has us taking him. Is he a guy that can come in and make an immediate impact?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Hey Wicked,

What are your thoughts on Burfict? I know Kiper has us taking him. Is he a guy that can come in and make an immediate impact?
    Depends on his maturity. He has the talent to come in and beat out McClain and Ellerbe. The question is does he have the head for it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Hey Wicked,

Absolutely.

I would do back flips if Burfict dropped to us. The guy is physically the most gifted linebacker in this draft class. He's 6'3" 250lbs and can run with anyone. He blitzes well and he's a guy who can deliver a devastating hit. He is a SUPER aggressive player. He'd be a great fit in Pag's defensive schemes IMO.

What worries me about him is that his blatent disregard for penalties and his disregard for authority while at ASU. However, I think that is more of a result of ASU's coaching staff being inept and constantly pulling him in and out of a game. He wasn't the only one in that locker room who was a malcontent. Dennis Erickson really lost that locker room.

I think a coach like Harbaugh, a defensive coordinator like Pagano, a LB's coach from ASU (Ted Monachino) and vet personalities like Suggs, Ray (if he doesn't retire), Redding, and Ngata would have a big impact on him. Suggs especially because Suggs wasn't exactly the most savory person when he came out of ASU either. Remember those photos of him fighting with guys in the parking lot after a basketball game with BASEBALL BATS!? Suggs has turned his life around and Ray Lewis turned his life around as well. It's not like Burfict has been arrested a bunch of times, beat up his girlfriend, raped someone, tested positive for drugs countless times...no. His issues have been penalties and telling Dennis Erickson to fuck off and that only really happened THIS season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What makes Brockers so interesting is that he can twist his body and go between interior offensive lineman. Put him on the outside and he's nothing special because he doesn't have a great first step. I can see some team though looking at his body shape and thinking he's an outside guy.

Very tough to judge LSU defensive lineman in the NFL in recent years. Glenn Dorsey was the best I had ever seen. Everything was built off of him. Still can't believe that's all gone in the NFL. Before him it was Marcus Spears, Kyle Willians, Claude Wroten, Booger McFarland and the first guy I really saw Henry Thomas.

All those guys were amazing prospects but it certainly didn't translate for all of them. This time I am taking more of a wait and see because it will take the right coaches to know how to use Brockers and my money is on someone screwing it up.
    Don't forget about Tyson Jackson either. He was a heck of a player at LSU and has been average at best in KC.

The problem with Dorsey is he isn't a 5-technique guy at all and they have him playing as a 3-4 DE. Put him on the Ravens' D and use him like they use Redding or McPhee and I bet Dorsey would be a monster. Put Dorsey on the Giants' DL or the Bengals' DL and I bet he'd have a lot of success.

You bring up a good point about Brockers and a 3-4 D. Maybe he breaks the mold, but maybe not. For a big guy he's definitely more of a finesse player than anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Depends on his maturity. He has the talent to come in and beat out McClain and Ellerbe. The question is does he have the head for it?
    I think the Ravens would be the ideal situation for Burfict. Not just because of the locker room, but because of the entire organization. Harbaugh is a no nonsense kind of coach, but the players like and respect him. Pagano is a guy who has a ton of respect from his players and Ted Monachino and Clarence Brooks are great coaches to who get a lot of respect from their players.

Burfict is a guy who could quickly become one of the best MLB's in the NFL. He is THAT talented. He's got the quickness and agressiveness that Ray had when he was in his prime and Burfict is 2 inches taller and a good 20lbs heavier than Ray was when he came out of Miami.

Here some great news on Tank Carder from Walterfootball's East-West game practice coverage...

http://www.walterfootball.com/eastwest2012practice2.php

TCU linebacker Tank Carder played well and did a quality job of staying with backs out of the backfield. It was impressive to see Carder closely cover quick, smaller running back Bobby Rainey from Western Kentucky. Later on in the nine-on-nine run scrimmage, Carder blasted a fullback in the backfield to blow up a run. Carder also flowed down the line to make a good stop of Tyler about three yards downfield. Carder had a few mistakes in practice, but overall, he looked improved.

A defensive prospect who stood out was TCU linebacker Tank Carder. In the nine-on-nine scrimmage, he started strong by popping the back for a good tackle near the line of scrimmage. A play later, Carder fired through the line to bust a run at the line for a slight tackle for a loss. He did a quality job of taking on blocks and shedding offensive linemen. Carder came close to an interception on the team scrimmage, but the ball flew just past his hands. A tough linebacker, the 6-foot- 2, 236-pounder plays bigger than his listed measurements. Carder could surprise some observers on Draft Day and in the NFL.
    The knock on him was his ability to play in space and he's a bit undersized but these reviews proves he's improved in those areas. I'd be happy to address the O-Line the first 2 picks and get him in the 3rd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Here some great news on Tank Carder from Walterfootball's East-West game practice coverage...

http://www.walterfootball.com/eastwest2012practice2.php

The knock on him was his ability to play in space and he's a bit undersized but these reviews proves he's improved in those areas. I'd be happy to address the O-Line the first 2 picks and get him in the 3rd.
    This would be a great draft to double dip at the inside linebacker spot, IMO.

I like Tank Carder as a prospect as well.

Burfict to the Ravens = major woodie for lots of Ravens players, coaches & fans
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Burfict to the Ravens = major woodie for lots of Ravens players, coaches & fans
    Absolutely.

I also think that Suggs could be a great factor in all of this being that he came out of Arizona State as well and had to do some growing up. Suggs is the type of guy who is up for the challenge when it comes to mentoring and regardless of whether or not he's playing you know Ray Lewis is going to be around.

Blog Entries

Don't forget about Tyson Jackson either. He was a heck of a player at LSU and has been average at best in KC.

The problem with Dorsey is he isn't a 5-technique guy at all and they have him playing as a 3-4 DE. Put him on the Ravens' D and use him like they use Redding or McPhee and I bet Dorsey would be a monster. Put Dorsey on the Giants' DL or the Bengals' DL and I bet he'd have a lot of success.

You bring up a good point about Brockers and a 3-4 D. Maybe he breaks the mold, but maybe not. For a big guy he's definitely more of a finesse player than anything.
    Jackson wasn't at the same level as the others. I never understood why he was drafted so high. Much of what he did came from playing next to Dorsey.

Brockers on the Giants or Bengals or Titans or even the Lions, who seem to collect D-lineman, could do very well. That's the kind of system he needs to go to.

Heres the full Underclassmen Declaration List 0 65 players in total (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...early-entries/)

Alvester Alexander, RB, Wyoming

Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State

Mike Ball, RB, Nevada

Jamison Berryhill, RB, Texas

Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

Michael Brockers, DT, Louisiana State

Bryce Brown, RB, Kansas State

Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

Morris Claiborne, DB, Louisiana State

Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State