Page 5 of 260 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    The highlights are impressive but you've gotta watch a game man.. they play on versus a lot, as well as sometimes on ESPN

He is very very impressive, he pops at you.
    would you say the penalties/immaturity (head butting/not listening to his coach) are a common trend if youve seen him play a few times? I am admittingly coming to a conclusion from a small sample. Hes a hell of a player from the little I saw, that much is for sure, but guys with maturity issues usually dont translate to the NFL when theyre given millions.
    -JAB

I do think Burfict pops out at you though, he's got all the tools.

Marvin Mcnutt is another reciever that could be a good bargain.

But dont sleep on Wright and Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    would you say the penalties/immaturity (head butting/not listening to his coach) are a common trend if youve seen him play a few times? I am admittingly coming to a conclusion from a small sample. Hes a hell of a player from the little I saw, that much is for sure, but guys with maturity issues usually dont translate to the NFL when theyre given millions.
    I've only seen a couple of games, and they weren't the entire game pretty much just changed channels when the offense came on.

But i didn't see anything like that.. I mean the guy gets excited, i remember him getting hyped after making tackles but nothing to ever draw a penalty.

But hey he's only a dream bro lol... No way we sniff him unless we trade up.

Marvin Mcnutt is another reciever that could be a good bargain.

But dont sleep on Wright and Adams
    Yeah he's pretty raw too. IIRC he played some QB before switching to WR. Definitely can get a lot better, but can really ball.

I've only seen a couple of games, and they weren't the entire game pretty much just changed channels when the offense came on.

But i didn't see anything like that.. I mean the guy gets excited, i remember him getting hyped after making tackles but nothing to ever draw a penalty.

But hey he's only a dream bro lol... No way we sniff him unless we trade up.
    Yeah but talk about the perfect guy to get when Ray retires. He would make Ray want to stay another year just to coach him up.

Bleed what is your opinion of Jerry Franklin?

Last edited by Iscull; 11-19-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Sanu is definitely a guy to think about in the mid rounds.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I get what you are saying, but only up to a point.

I've watched every game of Manti's career and think he's gonna be a very good pro. T'eo has great fundamentals, covers the field well, and makes the plays he should make. If you are looking for a ton of "splash" type plays, that's not him. He doesn't gamble all that often enough to make those type of plays, but he's always where you want him to be.

If Teo was a Mualuga clone, I think I'd be tickled.
    Don't get me wrong, if the Ravens get T'eo, awesome. Like you said, he's about as sound of a LB regarding fundamentals as you'll likely get.

That said, I just don't see him as a 1st round pick, that's all. Rey Maualuga was a guy that many thought was a surefire 1st rounder, but he fell into the top of the 2nd. He's been a solid player in Cinci. No doubt.

I just think if they're gunning for a MLB in round 1 and they have a choice, T'eo would be on the bottom of the choices for 1st round MLB's.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sanu is definitely a guy to think about in the mid rounds.
    He really reminds me of a more athletic #86. His agression, catching ability, and blocking just make me think of him. Having Sanu as the playmaker, Smith as the burner, and Doss as the possesion would be a good 3 WR set.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Don't get me wrong, if the Ravens get T'eo, awesome. Like you said, he's about as sound of a LB regarding fundamentals as you'll likely get.

That said, I just don't see him as a 1st round pick, that's all. Rey Maualuga was a guy that many thought was a surefire 1st rounder, but he fell into the top of the 2nd. He's been a solid player in Cinci. No doubt.

I just think if they're gunning for a MLB in round 1 and they have a choice, T'eo would be on the bottom of the choices for 1st round MLB's.
    Would trading out of the first be the best option? It seems like their are a lot of good ILB's, WR's, and OL in this years draft. It seems like we could get more value trading back and getting a ILB in the 2nd and maybe Brewster if still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Bleed what is your opinion of Jerry Franklin?
    Honestly he will probably just end up being a special teams guy in the NFL, he's a solid. He doesn't jump out of the screen at you. He's a solid tackler, honestly he's kinda slow i think.

he just doesn't wow you. He does his Job.

IDK I think he'll be a really nice special teams guy in the NFL.

Since we're talking about potential wide recievers.

Juron Criner From arizona is a playmaker. He's also a jump ball guys, just makes plays, he's a big reason why Nick Foles is what he is. a lot of times he just throws it up to Criner and he comes down with it.

I've browsed this thread and there are a lot of good suggestions. IMO the Ravens needs are: ILB, C, WR, S, and LT, probably in that order.

Donta Hightower appears to be the best fit at ILB of what will be available in the late 1st. Luke Kuechly and Burfict are both ahead of him but won't be there. I like him about as much as Te'o but I don't see Te'o getting off as many blocks or having as much physicality.

I like Audie Cole out of NC State in the later rounds.

At center, I like William Vlachos of Bama and Ben Jones of Georiga probably in the 2nd or 3rd. Peter Konz and Mike Brewster will probably go early. Brewster is not as good a player as Hightower or Te'o in the 1st.

There are so many good WRs in the mid to late rounds--J. Criner, M. Sanu, D. Jones, G. Childs. The Ravens need a big-bodied guy with some speed. Boldin doesn't have a lot of time left and they need a true #1 at split end. T. Smith fits better at flanker as a #2/situational deep threat.

LT I think might wait this year as McKinnie has improved his play the past few games and is locked up for 2012. This is not a good safety class IMO.