Page 4 of 324 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wicked : 20. New York Jets – Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (6’3” 220lbs). Sanchez obviously like throwing to bigger bodied receivers. Plaxico Burress is having a pretty decent year, but he’s only on a 1-year deal and he may become too rich for the Jets’ tastes after putting up a decent season. Plus, he’ll be in his mid 30’s. Toon is averaging almost 18 yards per catch and while he’s not a speedster he has strong hands and runs good routes. A lot of folks may call this a reach, but one of the Jets’ biggest weaknesses has been their inability to go down field with the ball. Reminds me of Marques Colston.

Is Nick Toon any relation to Al Toon (NY Jets WR from 1985 to 1992) ? ... Bc
    Nice catch.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Haha.

Yes, Nick Toon is Al Toon's son.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    ....Holy sh!tballs - I just pulled up some videos of this Burfict kid.

Sold!

This dude looks rediculous.
    Yea, he's fucking nasty.

Unfortunately there is ZERO chance the Ravens get a shot at him unless they're picking in the top 15, which I sincerely hope that the Ravens aren't in the top 15 come draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, he's fucking nasty.

Unfortunately there is ZERO chance the Ravens get a shot at him unless they're picking in the top 15, which I sincerely hope that the Ravens aren't in the top 15 come draft day.
    It all depends on how bad OZ wants him in purple Probably not bad enough, but I'm enjoying the future highlights with him next to Ray in my mind until he's wearing someone elses colors.

Damn that would be sick. For him to have a few years under Ray would be perfect. Sh!t man, I don't care - I think we have a relatively deep roster - some guys are worth just doing what it takes to get them. I don't think I've ever seen closing speed like that before.

I admit, this is based on 2-1/2 minutes of highlights - I'm obviously jumping to conclusions.

Ahhhhh, I freaking love the draft.....
    Last edited by ]<ing; 11-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.

I agree about Grubbs, but it's funny that he's become so critical after I had deemed him (somewhat) expendable. I just haven't been all that impressed with his play as a mid/high round First at Guard.

That said, I think the fact that he's missed a good chunk of the season should give us some increased leverage in negotiations.

Does anyone know a site for 2012 free agents? TheRedZone doesn't have theirs up yet.

Blog Entries

Kffl.com is a pretty decent one.

Football's Future also does stuff though I don't know if it's updated.

Walterfootball.com also has a free agency section.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    It all depends on how bad OZ wants him in purple Probably not bad enough, but I'm enjoying the future highlights with him next to Ray in my mind until he's wearing someone elses colors.

Damn that would be sick. For him to have a few years under Ray would be perfect. Sh!t man, I don't care - I think we have a relatively deep roster - some guys are worth just doing what it takes to get them. I don't think I've ever seen closing speed like that before.

I admit, this is based on 2-1/2 minutes of highlights - I'm obviously jumping to conclusions.

Ahhhhh, I freaking love the draft.....
    The problem is that Ozzie really doesn't like giving up draft picks and he's already given up a 4th rounder for a guy who hasn't been healthy at all this season (Lee Evans).

If Burfict drops into the 20's and the Ravens are picking in the 20's I could see him making a move.

However, if Burfict drops into the 20's then there is something wrong.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Haha.
    Yes, Nick Toon is Al Toon's son.
    Sold! Al Toon was awesome.

Blog Entries

I kind of feel bad for Nick Toon.

He's on a team that runs, runs, and runs some more. Still, he's got something like 50 receptions this season. He's a big guy and he's a good route runner.

The problem is that Ozzie really doesn't like giving up draft picks and he's already given up a 4th rounder for a guy who hasn't been healthy at all this season (Lee Evans).

However, if Burfict drops into the 20's then there is something wrong.
    I dont think this is true. From what I've seen of Burfict, I haven't been that impressed. I assume some draft sites see what I see as well. CBS sports (NFLdraftscout.com) has Burfict ranked all the way in the mid 50's, behind Kuechly, Hightower, and Te'o. I know rankings are just rankings, but I think it shows he isn't this unanimous top 15 pick everyone says he is.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Also, for anybody interested, i created a Google Docs spreadsheet with the top 300 prospects (according to CBS sports, as they had the largest list I could find), in draft. It's sortable by cbs ranking, scouts inc top 32 ranking, walter football rank, draft countdown rank, and by average rank. You can also sort by school or position, and also filter for a school, name, or position, if you are looking for someone in particular.

Since it is a cloud document, anybody can add onto it. If you guys find any other rankings on the internet (from a trusted website), feel free to add them in. Also, for every player you can add comments on the player by going to insert and comments. Feel free to add a little blurb about a player (quick feet, indeciveness, etc.) Anything to get a feel for what a player is like, since most of us can't watch 75% of these players play. I want to use this as a learning tool by seeing what other people think.

The only stipulations are you must be signed in to google to view it, and please don't mess around with the work I've put in. I already put in a few hours of work into it, and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

I hope this because as useful as a tool as I'd like it to be.

Heres the link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...E9WVXQ1TC1CcUE

edit: to sort, right click on the column and click on sort A to Z.
    to filter, click the blue drop down arrow above the column, select clear all, and type in the name, school, or position you are looking for.
    Last edited by dandrews; 11-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I dont think this is true. From what I've seen of Burfict, I haven't been that impressed. I assume some draft sites see what I see as well. CBS sports (NFLdraftscout.com) has Burfict ranked all the way in the mid 50's, behind Kuechly, Hightower, and Te'o. I know rankings are just rankings, but I think it shows he isn't this unanimous top 15 pick everyone says he is.
    I could understand being ranked behind Kuechly, but T'eo? Talk about overrated.

T'eo is Rey Maualuga version 2. Not saying that's a bad thing, he's a tackling machine, but nothing about T'eo's game excites me really.

I'd also like to point out that several draft sites had Rolando McClain as a late 1st round choice and he went in the top 10.

I tend to grade MLB's lower anyway because the MLB position doesn't hold the same value that it did 10 years ago. If you have stand out DT's and DE's then you don't necessarily need an all-star cast at the MLB position.

Vontaze Burfict has that size/speed/reaction combo that you just don't see too often in guys who play MLB. He could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 defense. He could play in a cover-2 zone defense.

He and Kuechly are definitely the top two MLB choices at this juncture with Hightower and T'eo coming in right behind them. Now, if Kuechly kills it at the combine and Burfict just does "ok" then I could see him dropping a bit, which would be good for Baltimore. He'd be a great fit in this defense when you consider everything. I'd love to see him in a Ravens uni.

There are just a lot of teams that will be picking ahead of Baltimore that could conceivably need a MLB.
    Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Chicago, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, etc.