Page 322 of 324 FirstFirst ... 320321322323324 LastLast
Results 3,853 to 3,864 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Brandon.
    Hardin.
    In the 4th.
    I've been on the Brandon Hardin bandwagon for quite a while. I think he would fit in perfectly as a safety and a special teams player considering the losses of Nakamura and Zbikowski.

But prior to Allen they never really got a seventh rounder to stick around. I think Ralph Staten made the team but Billick cut him to make a statement after Ralph was pulled over with a handgun under his seat. Anthony Poindexter may have been their most buzz-worthy seventh round pick. I believe he did make some special teams appearances the Super Bowl year after IRing as a rookie, and then was cut. Dwayne Missouri got a little attention during camp in Hard Knocks, but was cut. Ryan LaCasse played well enough in preseason to lure the Colts to trade for him, and he played special teams in Indy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Chad Reuter of the NFL Network has a mock of all seven rounds. He has us taking Konz, as Hightower will be picked up by Pittsburgh.
    Interestingly enough, he also has us taking Burfict in the seventh. Which I hope does not happen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...-for-rounds-17
    What could it hurt?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    What could it hurt?
    Bringing a guy with anger issues to camp could lead to problems. The last thing we need is for this moron to hurt someone trying to prove how tough he is.

Blog Entries

Burfict is really going to hurt someone when he has Leach running his way in training camp lol- just saying...

regards Janoris Jenkins

I wouldnt be against taking him at the end of round 1 if the usual suspects are all gone. He could turn out to be an elite corner, and the way the league is going i wouldnt be surprised if it got to the point 50% or greater of snaps where in the nickel formation.

Blog Entries

My Final 7Rd Mock Up for Baltimore:

29. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (6’3” 216lbs). I think the Ravens take a chance here and go for, in my opinion, the fourth best receiver in this class. Jeffery may not have blazing speed, but he has excellent hands and even with cornerbacks draped all over him he still comes down with the ball. He has long arms and big hands and when you consider the amount of dropped passes Baltimore had last year it would be a no brainer to take arguably the most natural hands-catcher in this draft. He’s a good blocker and he’s been a clutch performer against some top competition in the SEC. He’d be a great replacement option for Anquan Boldin who many think will be playing his last season as a Raven. At the very least he’ll give Joe Flacco another weapon in the passing attack and in today’s NFL that is something tht cannot be understated. Previous Pick: Kevin Zeitler.

61. Ronnell Lewis, LB, Oklahoma (6’2” 253lbs). Ray Lewis will be 37 this year and he’s still playing better than almost any LB in the NFL. They re-signed Jameel McClain and they like what they have in Albert McClellan, but I think they’d be ecstatic to see Ronnell Lewis drop here. He’s a utility linebacker who’s athletic enough to be a 3-down linebacker and he can play almost anywhere on the field, which is something that the Ravens value in all of their players. Flexibility and utility is paramount for the Baltimore franchise. Not only is Ronnell Lewis a devastating hitter, a good pass rusher, and a good tackler, but he also loves playing on special teams, which is something the Ravens desperately need to improve upon. Previous Pick: No Change.

93. Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah (6’5” 319lbs). Bergstrom is a big strong offensive lineman who has played both RT and LT, but for the Ravens I see a guy who could probably compete for the starting guard spot in camp. He’s athletic and has decent footwork and uses his arms well.

131. COMP, Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (5'11" 180lbs). David Reed won't be able to participate until midway through the season due to his ACL injury and honestly, he never contributed much as a receiver anyway. Joe Adams may not have the fastest 40, but he's quick, slippery, has good hands, & is a stand out ST's player as well.

164. Andrew Datko, LT, Florida State (6'6" 315lbs). Datko probably would have been a 2nd rounder if it weren't for a shoulder injury. He has a lot of upside as a left tackle and this is Bryant McKinnie's last year under contract. Datko is good value here and could potentially be a starting caliber OT in Baltimore in 2013.

165. COMP, Tavon Wilson, FS, Illinois (6' 205lbs). Wilson is on the raw side, but he's got the range to be a deep cover safety and he has good ball skills. Have to start thinking about life after Ed Reed.

198. Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland (5'9" 218lbs). Ray Rice will still be carrying the rock this season, but you never know with contract talks in the NFL. Meggett has nice vision and burst and would provide decent competition in camp for the #2 RB spot.

236. Gino Gradkowski, OG/C, Delaware (6'3" 300lbs).Most fans probably don't know who this guy is, but he's actually a pretty impressive player. He needs some coaching, no doubt, but there is a lot to like about him as a developmental center/guard prospect.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My Final 7Rd Mock Up for Baltimore:

29. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (6’3” 216lbs). I think the Ravens take a chance here and go for, in my opinion, the fourth best receiver in this class. Jeffery may not have blazing speed, but he has excellent hands and even with cornerbacks draped all over him he still comes down with the ball. He has long arms and big hands and when you consider the amount of dropped passes Baltimore had last year it would be a no brainer to take arguably the most natural hands-catcher in this draft. He’s a good blocker and he’s been a clutch performer against some top competition in the SEC. He’d be a great replacement option for Anquan Boldin who many think will be playing his last season as a Raven. At the very least he’ll give Joe Flacco another weapon in the passing attack and in today’s NFL that is something tht cannot be understated. Previous Pick: Kevin Zeitler.

61. Ronnell Lewis, LB, Oklahoma (6’2” 253lbs). Ray Lewis will be 37 this year and he’s still playing better than almost any LB in the NFL. They re-signed Jameel McClain and they like what they have in Albert McClellan, but I think they’d be ecstatic to see Ronnell Lewis drop here. He’s a utility linebacker who’s athletic enough to be a 3-down linebacker and he can play almost anywhere on the field, which is something that the Ravens value in all of their players. Flexibility and utility is paramount for the Baltimore franchise. Not only is Ronnell Lewis a devastating hitter, a good pass rusher, and a good tackler, but he also loves playing on special teams, which is something the Ravens desperately need to improve upon. Previous Pick: No Change.

93. Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah (6’5” 319lbs). Bergstrom is a big strong offensive lineman who has played both RT and LT, but for the Ravens I see a guy who could probably compete for the starting guard spot in camp. He’s athletic and has decent footwork and uses his arms well.

131. COMP, Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (5'11" 180lbs). David Reed won't be able to participate until midway through the season due to his ACL injury and honestly, he never contributed much as a receiver anyway. Joe Adams may not have the fastest 40, but he's quick, slippery, has good hands, & is a stand out ST's player as well.

164. Andrew Datko, LT, Florida State (6'6" 315lbs). Datko probably would have been a 2nd rounder if it weren't for a shoulder injury. He has a lot of upside as a left tackle and this is Bryant McKinnie's last year under contract. Datko is good value here and could potentially be a starting caliber OT in Baltimore in 2013.

165. COMP, Tavon Wilson, FS, Illinois (6' 205lbs). Wilson is on the raw side, but he's got the range to be a deep cover safety and he has good ball skills. Have to start thinking about life after Ed Reed.

198. Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland (5'9" 218lbs). Ray Rice will still be carrying the rock this season, but you never know with contract talks in the NFL. Meggett has nice vision and burst and would provide decent competition in camp for the #2 RB spot.

236. Gino Gradkowski, OG/C, Delaware (6'3" 300lbs).Most fans probably don't know who this guy is, but he's actually a pretty impressive player. He needs some coaching, no doubt, but there is a lot to like about him as a developmental center/guard prospect.
    Love that draft, but I think Gradkowski signs with us as an UDFA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I would draft him and make sure he's a Raven if they really want him. He's visited the Skins, Eagles, Steelers, Giants, and the Rams.

Similar situation happened with Ryan Succup where they thought they could get him as a UDFA and the Chiefs literally took him with the LAST pick in the draft IIRC.

If there is a guy they want, draft him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I would love to have Alshon Jeffery, but I don't think it happens. If we do want him, I'd like to move back into the top 10 of round 2 and get some extra picks.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

BTW, just a random thought, but it really goes to show the quality of posters on this site that we are creeping up on a 200 page thread just about college football players.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I was going to post the exact same thing. I bet Ozzie has already told him made him an offer too.