Page 314 of 324 FirstFirst ... 312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 3,757 to 3,768 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

Re: Draft Prospects

I would only add (and it may be in someone's previous post) that sometimes teams will interview/host a dude b/c they want to get a good feel of where another team may draft him. In the case of Adams, think CIN (likes bad boys), OAK (under Al Davis), JAC (perennial reachers) and XYZ (desperate for OL help).

Blog Entries

Anybody see the Bill Parcells special on ESPN last night? I thought it was awesome. Great insight

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why does no one just tell this guy to read articles on Justin Houston from last year, since he loves articles and takes the world wide web as gospel.

Now Houston was considered pretty much a lock for a 1st round pick, in fact a lot of ravens where lobbying for him. He then smokes pot before the combine, fails the drug test and bam falls to the third round. Now im not sure if he had previous questions regards his personal life like Adams does, if he didn't its an even bigger fall for a first time offender.

Now compare that too Adams who is considered a BORDERLINE first round choice prior to all this, with the possibility of someone reaching based on potential. He also has past history, then fails the drug test at the combine like Houston.

This is the guy you compare him to, not jimmy smith who clearly matured and cleaned up his act. Jimmy smith is comparable to Michael Floyd, not Adams!

Some team may still draft Adams high, others will have him off the board altogether and the rest will drop him a couple of rounds to the late 2nd or 3rd round.
    Actually, Justin Houston is a really good comparison.

Super talented, was widely considered a borderline 1st/2nd round pick, and he slipped into the top of the 3rd round because the guy couldn't say NO before the combine.

It doesn't make him a bad person or a bad player. It just makes him a lot more risky. And as far as I'm concerned, Justin Houston was a HELL of a lot better of an OLB/DE than Mike Adams is a left tackle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Anybody see the Bill Parcells special on ESPN last night? I thought it was awesome. Great insight
    Dig it. One of the best "inside-the-game" type of segments that I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Dig it. One of the best "inside-the-game" type of segments that I've ever seen.
    Loved his 7 rules for drafting a QB and the fact that he said stats or TDs don't come into the equation when evaluating a RB

Polian had some good insight also. If I find a link I'll post it here.

edit: http://nflmocks.com/2012/04/24/bill-...dential-recap/

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2012/04/...-confidential/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yeah, but Justin Houston had a very productive rookie season. He was a steal in the 3rd round. I still say Mike Adams is a first round pick. Athletic LTs that are 6'8" 330 lbs, who have played at major college programs are just too hard to come by.

Blog Entries

Anyone else find it ironic that Billick is doing a segment on the NFL channel on how to draft a QB? :grbac:

Loved his 7 rules for drafting a QB and the fact that he said stats or TDs don't come into the equation when evaluating a RB

Polian had some good insight also. If I find a link I'll post it here.

edit: http://nflmocks.com/2012/04/24/bill-...dential-recap/

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2012/04/...-confidential/
    Merge NFLN and ESPN for one weekend only.
    Kick all the current and long-time analysts and hosts, and the BLONDES off the set.
    Give me Eisen (he's a great "host" type of guy), Tom Jackson, Parcells, Polian, Casserly, Cosell, Mayock and Michael Irvin (he's actually pretty "personnel/locker room-smart" and it's apparent when he's not paired with any of his idiot contemporaries). That's my dream, draft coverage team.

Don't need humor.
    Don't need hyperbole.
    Don't need cute predictions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Merge NFLN and ESPN for one weekend only.
    Kick all the current and long-time analysts and hosts, and the BLONDES off the set.
    Give me Eisen (he's a great "host" type of guy), Tom Jackson, Parcells, Polian, Casserly, Cosell, Mayock and Michael Irvin (he's actually pretty "personnel/locker room-smart" and it's apparent when he's not paired with any of his idiot contemporaries). That's my dream, draft coverage team.

Don't need humor.
    Don't need hyperbole.
    Don't need cute predictions.
    Yea, Jon Gruden just slobbers all over every player and offers little to no analytical commentary to the draft picks at all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Another big difference in the the Smith and Adams cases, is the fact that since Adams failed the drug test at the combine, that counts as his first strike in the NFL's substance abuse program. That makes him one strike away from missing 4 games and 2 away from missing a season.

In addition to all the insight, just like last year, I really liked to get a look at Parcells board. I don't know how much tape he watched or how he got his info, but there are enough variables on his board to show that he isn't afraid to show his own opinions.

Things I saw...

While he had the red flag next to his name, considering all the "he won't be drafted" talk, Parcells still had Burfict as a second round pick.

He also had Mychal Kendricks as a 4th rounder, Brian Quick as a 5th, Chase Minnefield as a 1st!, George Iloka as a 5th, Schea McClellan as a 5th, Zietler in the 1st and Cordy Glenn in the 2nd...along with many other interesting names and spots...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    In addition to all the insight, just like last year, I really liked to get a look at Parcells board. I don't know how much tape he watched or how he got his info, but there are enough variables on his board to show that he isn't afraid to show his own opinions.

Things I saw...

While he had the red flag next to his name, considering all the "he won't be drafted" talk, Parcells still had Burfict as a second round pick.

He also had Mychal Kendricks as a 4th rounder, Brian Quick as a 5th, Chase Minnefield as a 1st!, George Iloka as a 5th, Schea McClellan as a 5th, Zietler in the 1st and Cordy Glenn in the 2nd...along with many other interesting names and spots...
    That's great stuff. Love seeing what some guys who have had real success for a long period of time think