Page 3 of 260 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects



    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    To Wicked Solo: You have great faith my friend. To have the ravens pick 31st means they lost the super bowl and after watching their 3 clunkers I am not sure that is now possible. Cinncy and SF look very formidable at this point. I hope you are right. By the way, I always enjoy your posts as they are always informative.
    Thank you.


    Honestly, I still think that the Ravens can get to the Super Bowl in spite of themselves. The talent is there.

    We'll see.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #32

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id have to disagree. I think youll see more trades in the top 10 with the picks not being so risky. Bad teams will still trade down for more picksand good teams will still trade up for that one player they think theyre missing. You probably wont see much of a change in quantity of trades overall but I bet people move around in the Top 10 a lot more than in years past.

    Do we go OL or ILB seems to be the question. I can see getting one more year out of McKinnie and Oher, but if Grubbs goes i have to think 1st or 2nd will address that. I dont follow college at all but Im hearing theres a decent class of ILB as opposed to last year which had none. I think Ray might be retiring after this year, win or lose, so if that happens I can easily see an ILB with the first and OL with the second and maybe another WR with the 3rd if Evans is let go. I know that seems like drafting for needs which Oz doesnt do, but im just trying to value our needs. Im sure Oz will draft wherever he gets the best value/BPA.
    Agreed.

    High first-rounders are no longer a huge risk, which will allow for far more movement around the draft board.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,177
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Wicked : 20. New York Jets – Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (6’3” 220lbs). Sanchez obviously like throwing to bigger bodied receivers. Plaxico Burress is having a pretty decent year, but he’s only on a 1-year deal and he may become too rich for the Jets’ tastes after putting up a decent season. Plus, he’ll be in his mid 30’s. Toon is averaging almost 18 yards per catch and while he’s not a speedster he has strong hands and runs good routes. A lot of folks may call this a reach, but one of the Jets’ biggest weaknesses has been their inability to go down field with the ball. Reminds me of Marques Colston.

    Is Nick Toon any relation to Al Toon (NY Jets WR from 1985 to 1992) ? ... Bc




  4. #34

    Re: Draft Prospects

    LT (depending on the McKinnie situation), C (depending on the Gurrode situation), or ILB that isn't a liability in coverage.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    I'm failing to see why mods moved this thread...Tony is the one who stickied it in the Ravens section in the first place. All of the discussion in this thread pertains to the Ravens.

    I think the mods need to not have such knee-jerk reactions and actually read the content of the thread before determining that it is not worthy of the "Ravens" section.

    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #36

    Re: Draft Prospects

    ....Holy sh!tballs - I just pulled up some videos of this Burfict kid.

    Sold!

    This dude looks rediculous.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wicked : 20. New York Jets – Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (6’3” 220lbs). Sanchez obviously like throwing to bigger bodied receivers. Plaxico Burress is having a pretty decent year, but he’s only on a 1-year deal and he may become too rich for the Jets’ tastes after putting up a decent season. Plus, he’ll be in his mid 30’s. Toon is averaging almost 18 yards per catch and while he’s not a speedster he has strong hands and runs good routes. A lot of folks may call this a reach, but one of the Jets’ biggest weaknesses has been their inability to go down field with the ball. Reminds me of Marques Colston.

    Is Nick Toon any relation to Al Toon (NY Jets WR from 1985 to 1992) ? ... Bc
    Nice catch.


    I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Haha.

    Yes, Nick Toon is Al Toon's son.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    ....Holy sh!tballs - I just pulled up some videos of this Burfict kid.

    Sold!

    This dude looks rediculous.
    Yea, he's fucking nasty.


    Unfortunately there is ZERO chance the Ravens get a shot at him unless they're picking in the top 15, which I sincerely hope that the Ravens aren't in the top 15 come draft day.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #39

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, he's fucking nasty.


    Unfortunately there is ZERO chance the Ravens get a shot at him unless they're picking in the top 15, which I sincerely hope that the Ravens aren't in the top 15 come draft day.
    It all depends on how bad OZ wants him in purple Probably not bad enough, but I'm enjoying the future highlights with him next to Ray in my mind until he's wearing someone elses colors.

    Damn that would be sick. For him to have a few years under Ray would be perfect. Sh!t man, I don't care - I think we have a relatively deep roster - some guys are worth just doing what it takes to get them. I don't think I've ever seen closing speed like that before.

    I admit, this is based on 2-1/2 minutes of highlights - I'm obviously jumping to conclusions.

    Ahhhhh, I freaking love the draft.....
    Last edited by ]<ing; 11-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.




  10. #40

    Re: Draft Prospects

    I agree about Grubbs, but it's funny that he's become so critical after I had deemed him (somewhat) expendable. I just haven't been all that impressed with his play as a mid/high round First at Guard.

    That said, I think the fact that he's missed a good chunk of the season should give us some increased leverage in negotiations.




  11. #41

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Does anyone know a site for 2012 free agents? TheRedZone doesn't have theirs up yet.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Kffl.com is a pretty decent one.

    Football's Future also does stuff though I don't know if it's updated.


    Walterfootball.com also has a free agency section.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    It all depends on how bad OZ wants him in purple Probably not bad enough, but I'm enjoying the future highlights with him next to Ray in my mind until he's wearing someone elses colors.

    Damn that would be sick. For him to have a few years under Ray would be perfect. Sh!t man, I don't care - I think we have a relatively deep roster - some guys are worth just doing what it takes to get them. I don't think I've ever seen closing speed like that before.

    I admit, this is based on 2-1/2 minutes of highlights - I'm obviously jumping to conclusions.

    Ahhhhh, I freaking love the draft.....
    The problem is that Ozzie really doesn't like giving up draft picks and he's already given up a 4th rounder for a guy who hasn't been healthy at all this season (Lee Evans).

    If Burfict drops into the 20's and the Ravens are picking in the 20's I could see him making a move.

    However, if Burfict drops into the 20's then there is something wrong.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #44

    Re: Draft Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Haha.
    Yes, Nick Toon is Al Toon's son.
    Sold! Al Toon was awesome.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft Prospects

    I kind of feel bad for Nick Toon.

    He's on a team that runs, runs, and runs some more. Still, he's got something like 50 receptions this season. He's a big guy and he's a good route runner.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland